Army Thread Monday 18th February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RunningCourage;1465155 wrote: Hiya :hallo: PeePea - lovely to hear aboot yer day. Bet yer bolixed tho. You do get long shifts, no?
    Well Arsey :hallo: yeah get a mixture of shifts, shortest one is 8 hrs, today was there from 7.30-9.30 so head is fried tonight!

Sorry yer no lookin forward to going in tomorrow:l, can empathise, i love nursing but its just becoming harder and harder to actually 'nurse' with feckin pressures and targets. Management dont get that its human beings we work with.
    Sorry for rant tink i may hit the leaba soon!

Any word on yer mate yet?

Comment

Zenstyle;1465160 wrote: Oh feck!!! :H
      We'll pick yer up on the way Zenners. Pack your (found for $5 in a flea market - worth $150 ) bag :H:H

Comment

mollyka;1465163 wrote: I definitely cross-addicted with shopping for a while this time round. I've eased on it now, but it deffo has to be watched. The lady who did my 'chair' last Sunday was talking about how she took up running, not like mrsa or Arsey who achully like it, but literally to 'run away' from actually dealing with what made her drink in the first place --- any replacement 'addiction' is only literally doing that - replacing, and long term imo that won't work either - even if the 'addiction' is a relatively harmless one - the root causes must be examined methinks
        Bingo.

Comment

mollyka;1465163 wrote: I definitely cross-addicted with shopping for a while this time round. I've eased on it now, but it deffo has to be watched. The lady who did my 'chair' last Sunday was talking about how she took up running, not like mrsa or Arsey who achully like it, but literally to 'run away' from actually dealing with what made her drink in the first place --- any replacement 'addiction' is only literally doing that - replacing, and long term imo that won't work either - even if the 'addiction' is a relatively harmless one - the root causes must be examined methinks
          Oh crap! I remember your shopping... and I didn't put 2 and 2 together but, yeah, I know about cross-addicting. Dammit! OK, I'll watch for that. I went shopping for stuff for the house too since I got home and I felt SO much better after a few outings. But it needs to be watched. Feck. I better go online and check the credit card tomorrow. Oy vay...

Ummmmm... root causes? If yer don't examine the root issues yer barking up the wrong feckin ficus!

Comment

sweetpea29;1465167 wrote: Well Arsey :hallo: yeah get a mixture of shifts, shortest one is 8 hrs, today was there from 7.30-9.30 so head is fried tonight!

Sorry yer no lookin forward to going in tomorrow:l, can empathise, i love nursing but its just becoming harder and harder to actually 'nurse' with feckin pressures and targets. Management dont get that its human beings we work with.
            Sorry for rant tink i may hit the leaba soon!

Any word on yer mate yet?
            Eyup, aye, more and more it's the political and management machinations that kinda wear me down at work... i'm not that way made perhaps.

No word on me friend yet... 'Tis worrying, but we're updating FB with whatever is in the news /the police are releasing. Little can do but pray/hope/cross our toes and fingers.

Comment

satz123;1465168 wrote: We'll pick yer up on the way Zenners. Pack your (found for $5 in a flea market - worth $150 ) bag :H:H
              How the FUCK did you guess about me overnighter bag?!!!!!!! Darn! Penguins and their webcams! :H

Comment

mollyka;1465165 wrote: Definitely!! Good workmates makes all the difference!
                I thought my heart would break when Jilly first went to Canada, but you get used to it - and after all, he's only a jump across the pond for you!!
                I must be a hard BITCH ???
                I didn't shed a tear when young Satz left.
                He left a shit job & returned to the country & lifestyle he loves.
                So once I knew he was happy I was ok.

Maybe if I'd known then as we know now it's prolly for good - it would have been different. We thought it was just for a year or until the money ran out.:H

If I thought for one minute he was not happy or was in any way 'dodgy' I'd be back on the plane to get him home :happy:

Comment

Arsey... I'm sorry to hear about your pal. Maybe he just needed to take a break away for a bit... Was he depressed or owt?

Comment

RunningCourage;1465171 wrote: Eyup, aye, more and more it's the political and management machinations that kinda wear me down at work... i'm not that way made perhaps.

No word on me friend yet... 'Tis worrying, but we're updating FB with whatever is in the news /the police are releasing. Little can do but pray/hope/cross our toes and fingers.
                    Tis worrying indeed, will have me fingers and toes crossed and say wee prayer for him too x

Comment

satz123;1465173 wrote: I must be a hard BITCH ???
                      I didn't shed a tear when young Satz left.
                      He left a shit job & returned to the country & lifestyle he loves.
                      So once I knew he was happy I was ok.

Maybe if I'd known then as we know now it's prolly for good - it would have been different. We thought it was just for a year or until the money ran out.:H

If I thought for one minute he was not happy or was in any way 'dodgy' I'd be back on the plane to get him home :happy:
                      What about yer son Satz? Mind a while back ye were worried about him and the demon?

Comment

Zenstyle;1465175 wrote: Arsey... I'm sorry to hear about your pal. Maybe he just needed to take a break away for a bit... Was he depressed or owt?
                        Dunno Zen... I hadn't seen in about a year or two... I think he had been on AD's at one time... But yeah, I'm hoping he's just gone off to his pals for a few days, clear his head or summit and then rejoin us when he's ready.

Comment

sweetpea29;1465181 wrote: What about yer son Satz? Mind a while back ye were worried about him and the demon?
                          That's him in Oz - thanks Peapants... he is fine ..... keeping a beady eye on him

Comment

Roight ... am ofski to snooze. See you all on the flipside :hallo:

Comment

Thats grand Satz, glad to hear it

Right have ta love yiz and leave yiz,

See ye all the mara, nighters xx

Comment

:bedtime: methinks
                                JimJohn at 7 am tomorrow
                                Night night !

Comment

Working...