Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 19th February

Good morning, Army

The seasons are clearly turning - it was still pitch dark when we got up this morning. Not looking forward to those cold winter mornings. The fact that Mrs. T brings me coffee in bed helps, though.

Have a lekker Tuesday, everyone!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Good marnin' Tipps... x

Actually, more of a "good night" as I am on my way to the leaba shortly. I've been surfing tonight and I am all caught up on current events since before the pen, bar Facebook. And I've given up on that one... no point even trying to catch up.

I watched "Roots" tonight... saw most of the episodes... a timely blast from the past. )

What else? Had a good phone convo with one of the guys from the pen that just got out. Ate my own weight in carbs. And I'm now considering ending the slob-a-thon and getting my arse into the gym. CONSIDERING mind... not going to get too het up about it just yet.

Comment

Morning Tipps Zen and all to come. Still dark here and cold. We're heading in to Spring here the days are getting milder with sunny spells but still very cold at night. Off to Lidl later to do some shopping and the euro store to have a look for cheap bargains lol. Good luck with the gym Zen i haven't made it to our new local swimming pool yet i'm lazy when it come to exceise but now the weather is not so cold i might get more motived. :hallo::cupajoe:Off to get another coffee.

Comment

Good morning Tips just listening to the latest on the Pistorius case on the news it is MEGA news here and quite shocking as the S/A media/police are allowed to say very damning words Re pistorius which over here would never be allowed as it may prejudice the trial. What do you think?

Hi Foxy Hope you are Ok I am so glad you keep posting as you always have a kind word for all of us. Keep fighting that fight though:l

Phone ringing-----

Comment

Rang off--- Go to bed Zennie I loved Roots but how many episodes did you watch? One at a time was enough for me.

Went To see The Misanthrope re-done by Roger Mcgough last night brilliant and funny, he used to teach me English when I was at school. I must have been so bad he took to poetry!

Comment

Hello

Just to clarify I gave up drinking diet crap to see if it improves my headaches,.migraines and sleep. I gorge in chocolate for my treat...

Skating today,then taking the boy into town for trousers for posh family meal later

Today is the day I start standing up for myself and not getting upset because others don't...

Byeee
            I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Morning all - quickest run it and out again... back to the grindstone. Uni lecture at 9am... the day job at 10am... see you at dinner time.

Comment

Morning army, checking in and keeping accountable.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Thought this interesting:

Social media addiction recognised as official condition - RT? News

Comment

Hi Pingu

Tabbers I love that article So many people I know are completely addicted to facebook. They put their every thought word and deed online. My daughters even put photos on of their children --SCARY stuff

How do I post a link??

Comment

Mornin everyone..just back to the cold..Rabsy..you lied .its bloody freezin!!! Molls eerrmm just to let you know..I put on 7lbs this week!!!! just to give you a wee idea :H:H sort some piccies out after...if you get the chance to do any trips ..I dont usually bother ..like doing my own thing but if you can do the Panoramic Teide trip..its a full day takes you all round and then up to the rock formations on Teide..its run by Thomsons ..but you can probably blag on to it from the reps in the Barcelo

hows everyone else? just sayin ..came through Manchester airport last night..first thing that greets you is a humungeous poster of Corrie..eeeh think Manchester has got more than that to offer...lets have a big poster of Shameless on the wall wi Frank :H:H

JC how are you doing? ok I hope?

Big hiya to everyone Mrs A pings Tips , FF..(yep Im off to the pound shop today..need ma fix!!!) Zenster...Scotlands gift tae America :H) you ok?
                      KTAB ..hiya mate
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi Mrs A, yeah dont do Twits or Faceache personally, seems I am missing out big time according to some people I know though. Regarding copying a link you need to select the address in the browser bar then copy and paste it into your message.

Hi Mick, drank with a few Franks in my time :H:H

Gotta run, work calls.

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1465308 wrote: Good morning, Army

The seasons are clearly turning - it was still pitch dark when we got up this morning. Not looking forward to those cold winter mornings. The fact that Mrs. T brings me coffee in bed helps, though.
                          Welcome to our world Mt T :l

Zenstyle;1465314 wrote: Good marnin' Tipps... x

And I'm now considering ending the slob-a-thon and getting my arse into the gym. CONSIDERING mind... not going to get too het up about it just yet.Steady on Zennerooney ! - one step at a time. Hope you had a LOVELY doss day yesterday )

Firefox;1465327 wrote: Morning Tipps Zen and all to come. Still dark here and cold. We're heading in to Spring here the days are getting milder with sunny spells but still very cold at night. Off to Lidl later to do some shopping and the euro store to have a look for cheap bargains lol. Good luck with the gym Zen i haven't made it to our new local swimming pool yet i'm lazy when it come to exceise but now the weather is not so cold i might get more motived. Off to get another coffee.
                          Hi Foxy Loxey - yes - the birds ar now singing @6am :h- love it -have a good day & keep posting - we miss your check in when you are missing :l

pingu1997;1465338 wrote:
                          Hello

Just to clarify I gave up drinking diet crap to see if it improves my headaches,.migraines and sleep. I gorge in chocolate for my treat...

Skating today,then taking the boy into town for trousers for posh family meal later

Today is the day I start standing up for myself and not getting upset because others don't...

Byeee
                          Enjoy your day PPP - sounds like great fun . Good work on the Diet drinks crap - can't be easy but well worth getting that shit out of your system :l
                          Even chocolate has some good qualities I'm told !

RunningCourage;1465340 wrote:
                          Morning all - quickest run it and out again... back to the grindstone. Uni lecture at 9am... the day job at 10am... see you at dinner time.
                          Good luck with the 'main' job RC. Hope the reality is not quite as bad your thoughts on it last night :l

Comment

anon;1465333 wrote: Good morning Tips just listening to the latest on the Pistorius case on the news it is MEGA news here and quite shocking as the S/A media/police are allowed to say very damning words Re pistorius which over here would never be allowed as it may prejudice the trial. What do you think?
                            Hi Ms A - Yep - maybe silver lining of sorts ? Focus of the world now on SA ?
                            mollyka;1465343 wrote: Mornin Army - 'fraid I'm just wavin furiously and runnin too --- dead late!!
                            Project for my week - lose half a stone - put on 4lbs since before crimbo -- delighted it's only that tbh -- but need to get a grip!!!! So watery coffees and fruit -- yay --- that makes me sooooooo happy!!!! ---- not!!!
                            Laters gaters xxxxxxAh give over with your 4 feckin' lbs. grrrr...... And you lounging & eating for past 2 weeks :yuk: Ain't FAIR !!!
                            You'll prolly blow yer nose & lose it !
                            KTAB;1465345 wrote:
                            Morning army, checking in and keeping accountable.
                            Good man Tabberooney :goodjob:

Mick;1465351 wrote:
                            Mornin everyone..just back to the cold..Rabsy..you lied .its bloody freezin!!!
                            :welcome: back MICHAEL ( even though I wasn't on yer list this morning !!! ):upset:

Comment

Good morning Tipperoooo, Zennifer, Foxyloxy, Our Whizzy, Runners, Mollymoo, Mickleodeon, KTabbers, Pingupurplepants, Satzuma.

Betcha thought I was still in bed, but I was up with the larks. Done the housewifey stuff and made a pan of broth. Gawd I feel smug.

Ta for the summary Satz,

I'm champion Mick.

Hate to rub this in but, Tippers, but these few bright mornings we've had haven't half got my mojo running.

As a lawyers wife I can't possibly comment on the Pistorius case. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. But as right auld gossip, things look a bit fishy to me.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X