Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 19th February

Morning army

Finished Jason Vales book, and found it VERY interesting - now to put it into practice - I mean, who wants to be a drug addict in the first place ?

Hope we are all well
    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Quest for the key;1465381 wrote: Morning army

Finished Jason Vales book, and found it VERY interesting - now to put it into practice - I mean, who wants to be a drug addict in the first place ?

Hope we are all well
      Hi Questie I really enjoyed that book and I found his strategies really useful. None of us ever set out to be addicts did we? It is a slippery slope and can happen to all of us:l

Comment

anon;1465382 wrote: Hi Questie I really enjoyed that book and I found his strategies really useful. None of us ever set out to be addicts did we? It is a slippery slope and can happen to all of us:l
        Yes I think it is a thought provoking book -I must go get a copy - lost t'other one :upset:
        :wavin: Questypants & JC

Comment

anon;1465382 wrote: Hi Questie I really enjoyed that book and I found his strategies really useful. None of us ever set out to be addicts did we? It is a slippery slope and can happen to all of us:l
          Twas a real eye opener Mrs A - just learning more about the actual physical addiction process was a shocker - and when yer think of AL as it really is (fermented bad tasting shite) yer woonder why yer ever threw it down yer neck in the first place. But such is the irony of addiction I guess :l

Comment

satz123;1465383 wrote: Yes I think it is a thought provoking book -I must go get a copy - lost t'other one :upset:
            :wavin: Questypants & JC
            :hallo: Satzerooney

Comment

I gave mine away, because I hated it. Sorry. May be the fact that I read it after I'd was well into AFdom. Perhaps if I'd read it before.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1465387 wrote: I gave mine away, because I hated it. Sorry. May be the fact that I read it after I'd was well into AFdom. Perhaps if I'd read it before.
                Hiya Jacs - we're all different, that's what makes us special :h what works for one, may not for another - be a boring world if we were all the same huh ? :l

Comment

Morning Army folks! I intended to get up quite early this morning but decided I deserved to sleep in a bit. I've been sick and not sleeping well the last few days.

Pingu - My husband used to get bad migraines and they stopped when he stopped ingesting any sort of artificial sweeteners, for what it's worth. I hope you find it's the cure for you. too.
                  Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Siren136;1465389 wrote: Morning Army folks! I intended to get up quite early this morning but decided I deserved to sleep in a bit. I've been sick and not sleeping well the last few days.

Pingu - My husband used to get bad migraines and they stopped when he stopped ingesting any sort of artificial sweeteners, for what it's worth. I hope you find it's the cure for you. too.
                    Hi Siren :wavin:
                    I was getting addicted to sugar-free mints - with artificial sweeteners - pack or two a of an evening up to last week. Started to feel shite.
                    I stopped them & had headaches & pains all over for 3 days as my body detoxed.
                    Just shows the toxins we are putting in our bodies :egad:

Comment

JackieClaire;1465387 wrote: I gave mine away, because I hated it. Sorry. May be the fact that I read it after I'd was well into AFdom. Perhaps if I'd read it before.
                      Ah JC why ?
                      I was thinking of getting it again - now that I am AF
                      The smoking one by Allen Carr was a catalyst for me to stop smoking.
                      One line in it stuck out : 'after 3 days the Nicotine is gone from your system' and after that is a mind thing.
                      Had to read it twice mind - but it stuck !

Comment

Quest for the key;1465388 wrote: Hiya Jacs - we're all different, that's what makes us special :h what works for one, may not for another - be a boring world if we were all the same huh ? :l
                        Very true,hun. That book may out there helping someone.

Morning Siren.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

satz123;1465391 wrote: Ah JC why ?
                          I was thinking of getting it again - now that I am AF
                          The smoking one by Allen Carr was a catalyst for me to stop smoking.
                          One line in it stuck out : 'after 3 days the Nicotine is gone from your system' and after that is a mind thing.
                          Had to read it twice mind - but it stuck !
                          I'll admit I didn't read it all. I dunno, his style of writing, his absolute thinking that this book was the only book, the he's quite happy sitting in a pub. Lots of niggly things. Ackshully I do think it was because I was happy being AF the way I was.

I read so many books before I went AF that I think my mind got confuzzled. That's why I love MWO.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Satzy :l:l:l:l:l:lapologies
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick;1465395 wrote: Satzy :lapologies
                              Back at yer Mick - :l
                              show us yer white bits :bonkers:

Yer like a roast chicken - the white bits are the best :H:H

Comment

"confuzzled"...my new word for the day! :H Thanks JC.

:hallo: Army...did you get the lock on the fridge fixed? Mick's back as you can see.

Popping in to say Have a Good One
                                ....PPQP

Comment

Working...
                                X