Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Friday 22nd February

Good arvo all!

Ah yes it's Friday. And thank feck for that... I can get off the hamster wheel till next week.

Last night we had graduation night for the alumni of the IOP place I go to. (It's also an inpatient facility and has been going strong, as a non-profit organization, for over 40 years. Had I known about it, I'd have gone to rehab there instead.) Anyhoo, this is the song that gets played at the end of the graduations... not a dry eye in the place. (Mind you it was a room full of recovering alkies, druggies and their families, so it wouldn't be hard to make that lot cry!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W41OSTgrfNQ[/video]]She's a Butterfly - Martina McBride ((With Lyrics!!)) - YouTube

On Wednesday night, I had my first big challenge since I got out of rehab... stressful as all get out but I'm still alive and kicking and I've pretty much processed it all. It was a major trigger though and I would be lying if I said it didn't make me feel like getting trolleyed. My head was all over the shop yesterday but I took myself off to group last night and processed it with the therapist and the girls and walked out the door feeling calm again... it was awesome. :h

Dinner tonight has been cut back to my two room mates from rehab. There was an incidence of theft at one of the half-way houses yesterday and it was generally agreed that I'd be chancing my luck bringing the rest of them to my house. Sad, but it is what it is. I know the people in question and with that kind of behaviour relapse can't be far off. (

I'm off to the gym in a few, then the frigginsupermarket, then shower, pick up one of my room mates, off to Walmart and Costco, pick up second one and we can pootle around the kitchen making stuff to go with a Costco rotisserie chicken.

But first of all... time for a ciggy in the garage! Least I'm not smoking in the house... YET!!!
    :H

Comment

well done zenski for not giving in....:goodjob:
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Evening me lovelies.

A big :yougo:and :woot: for Zennifer
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening Jacks :hallo:

Any biccies? lol

Yeah :goodjob: Zen

Comment

Yo Sweety, shhhhhhhhhhhh not yet just waiting for himself to go out and I'll get them.

Gorra bit of meat loaf, mash and cabbage if you fancy a plate though.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1467319 wrote: Yo Sweety, shhhhhhhhhhhh not yet just waiting for himself to go out and I'll get them.

Gorra bit of meat loaf, mash and cabbage if you fancy a plate though.
              Proper food? Thanks Jacks, will stick wit the biccies

How are ya?

Been reading back. Hope Kuya hasnt left (

And yiz all are only young things

We have a lady 104yrs young with us at the mo and she's bloody brilliant, makes me stop and think before complaining bout me dodgy knees!

Comment

I'll take the proper food JC...wait! do you feed a cold and starve a fever? Yup that's right, pass the meat loaf. :H

Glad the calm has descended Molls...:h

Comment

I'm very well, ta for arsking and yourself.

I'll go seek Kuya out you don't get away from me that easy.

104 years old!!! Mind you if you look back over the last 100 years our lives have been doddle compared to theirs.

Oh and I've only got ginger biscuits left. Doing the big shop tomorrow.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hiya PPQP :hallo:

Sorry ye have the cold :l

Comment

JackieClaire;1467331 wrote: I'm very well, ta for arsking and yourself.

I'll go seek Kuya out you don't get away from me that easy.

104 years old!!! Mind you if you look back over the last 100 years our lives have been doddle compared to theirs.

Oh and I've only got ginger biscuits left. Doing the big shop tomorrow.
                      Glad to hear ye are very well Im grand, just running me bath as we speak, its blinkin freezing here tonight and the bath always warms me-up

I love lookin after the older folk, they really are amazing when ya think of all they've come through. Couldnt be doing wit younger ones :no:

Aversion to ginger biccies, someting to do wit nickname as a child:H But thanks anyways :l

Best away afore bathwater comes thru me ceiling x

Comment

Evening all.

Zenny - :woot: too.

JC - got any custard creams? Achully, av just been eating chocolate so may have to take a 15minute break to prevent over indulgence :H

Hi Molls - you'll be in Aftercare the noo. How's it going?
                        "........... and .......... but ....... and then..... but wait..........!"
                        Really Molls?
                        "........."
                        That's quite something that is
                        "..... and ................."
                        Would you care to share that with the rest of us - notable the bit about the biccies?
                        "."
                        Ah. I see. Ok then. See you when you get back.

PPQP - yo! :hallo:

NursiePea - nothing like a centenarian to put focus to our troubles methinks. That's why Michael is so beloved about these boards, eh Mick?! :H

Ummm... methinks Kuya maybe having some down time. fair do's. but hope she is back pronto would be a very terrible shame to lose such brilliant insight, wisdom, and support from these boards. she's affa funny too. and personally i have a hell of a lot of time for her. I got the heebie jeebies though cos I thought my post might have been misinterpreted by her :no:

I have a day tomorrow at work whereby my ex is gonna be there teaching classes. normally this would be put into a bad space in my head, feel uptight etc... for some reason though, tonight I feel calm ????? Which is great. Sure I may freak out tomorrow... but just now - well, calm...

Comment

Hello there Runners,

Funnily enough there's a few custard creams in the biscuit container.

Ahh the ex, she'll not recognise you. You being all clear headed and sober. You'll knock her socks off.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1467050 wrote: Mr G :h right back atchya. They get greener when I'm angry or excited.
                            :h:h Wow!

anon;1467056 wrote:
                            Blue eyes aged 66 Marathon runner/winner. Alkie who wears very fashionable clothes. Managed to kick the drink and the fags into to touch to enable me to have a fab life.
                            Reporting for duty
                            :h:h Double Wow!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

hello!!! Gnite , tv watching here, chillin' and relaxing! Hope all is well, hi Mr G!!

Comment

Hi Limers, Mr G and Arsey :hallo:

Oh aye Jacks! ye have custard creams for Arsey and only oul ginger nuts for me. Blue-eyed boy or wot!? :upset::H

Arsey- wot Jacks says RE yer ex. Keep yer calm head And i second wot ye say about Kuya.

Comment

Working...
                                X