Army Thread Saturday 23rd February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice Ladies - and you too Marioooooooooooo!
    Mr S wants me to go to yoke in the pub in town tonight. Only heard about it on Tuesday last.
    Neighbour - that is doing volunteer work in Africa is raising money. I have bought a ticket which to me is the purpose of the event. Make money!
    Don't want to go - should I stand my ground ?

A 'disco' or some shite. If it was a table quiz or something interesting - with a start & end - I'd go - but jazus!! :egad:

Now he's telling me I'm anti-social and never go out :upset:

Comment

JackieClaire;1467659 wrote: Now you'll have to delete the bit where you ask me to delete, Satzuma. This could go on all day.:H
      :H:H:H

Comment

One big question, Satz. Is there food?

If so go, stay for the food, then come home. Tell him to get someone else to give him a lift.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1467665 wrote: One big question, Satz. Is there food?

If so go, stay for the food, then come home. Tell him to get someone else to give him a lift.
          No - No food JC. Just drink I'd say ! only down the road - can walk home in 5 mins.... just really not my scene. Especially AF

Comment

Anyhoo - I have to go!
            Supposed to be 'jogging' at 11 :H

Later my lovelies - yes you too Marioooooooooooooooo :H

Comment

satz 123;1467661 wrote: Need advice Ladies - and you too Marioooooooooooo!
              Mr S wants me to go to yoke in the pub in town tonight. Only heard about it on Tuesday last.
              Neighbour - that is doing volunteer work in Africa is raising money. I have bought a ticket which to me is the purpose of the event. Make money!
              Don't want to go - should I stand my ground ?

A 'disco' or some shite. If it was a table quiz or something interesting - with a start & end - I'd go - but jesus!! :egad:

Now he's telling me I'm anti-social and never go out :upset:
              If you don't want to go don't go satz, There can be tremendous pressure from partners/husbands/friends/relations on us who just don't get it that we don't drink and don't like being around people when they do.

When I do venture to social occasions where alcohol is the main event I usually leave just before they all get onto there 3/4th drink as they go into a different level then, imo .and start to talk in languages that I cant relate to and then repeat it over & over for me in case I forget

But there have been rare occasions when I have gone out and end up talking and sitting with another person who doesn't take part in the out of body experience that alcohol does to you and happily enjoyed the full night.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

mollyka;1467670 wrote: FFS - feel like deletin this post
                Have a brilliant time Marioman - I'm as jealous as ---- what d'you be jealous of?? --- well I'm jealous of you goin to Portugal for sure!! See you when you get back xx
                Thanks molly :l:l

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Morning Army no snow here but some forecast for this afternoon. Very cold still. Well done on losing 5ibs Molly but if you pig out today and after you will put most of it back on as its mostly fluid when you lose it quick like that. I used to do that too but its only very short term so don't do those or any diets anymore. Walking no junk food or booze does it for me when i have some to lose. I do and i think its time to stop buying the crisps and weets from now on till i lose it. I don't eat loads of them but enough. Glad you had a nice time at the restaurant Satz sounds lovely. i rarely eat out apart from coffee shops no money no to take me:upset::H. Well done on your runs Rc and Mrs A you are great at geting up early fo it. Good luck with the liciense renewal and trip to Portugal. Is mrs Mario going with you? Wow Pingu a landlady i hope you good tenent/s soon its a good way to make extra cash. Hi to everyone else. Not much planned today no shopping to do so just some cleaning and ironing. Tv or dvd later and reading. Have a lovely saturday.

Comment

Morning Foxyloxy.

Ermmm Molls, I got those tablets for Bess when she had a bit of bladder problem. Worked a treat. And I did check they were Ok for a dog.

Now then, must away got to drop some new clothes at Jenz house and then the shops. Oh goody, goody, gum drops.

Bacinabit.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all! I'm off to jiujitsu, then krav maga shortly. This weekend I need to sort out my work situation. We've had a re-org and I need to apply for one of the positions. Otherwise I'll end up with something I detest.
                      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Krav maga is a hand-to-hand combat self-defense martial art. It was developed by the Israeli Defense Forces. Check out some of the vids on youtube.

Lasagna sounds awesome. I might have to make that tonight.
                        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Hiya Molls and Siren and all :hallo:

Had a great wee lie-in this morn, was supposed to be in work for one but they,ve called and said i dont need to be in til three:yay::happy: That never happens ever, so happy days, ive a few more hours to spare

How's everyone?

Comment

mollyka;1467722 wrote: Precious hours huh!! Love that!
                            All good with me today - a lot more tranquil PTL!!!
                            Do you like nursing? My sister was one, but she seemed to moan all the time - and she only worked 3 days a week - she had a martyr-complex tho so.....
                            Yeah Molls i do like it when im allowed to 'nurse' theres alot of oul crap goes with it nowadays which imho is not nursing. It is physically and mentally draining at times and we do tend to moan alot but nobody listens!:H

Could ya send some of that lasagne up ere on the aircoach for me tea?

Comment

Rightso ye dont need that lasagne, aircoach it now (altho come to think it doesnt go thru the 'Brig) (

I think everyone moans to some extent about work, its kinda normal:H In all seriousness tho at the end of the day i feel happy and lucky to have a job to moan about.

Comment

Laters Molls :hallo:

Enjoy yer day x

Comment

Working...
                                X