Army Thread Saturday 23rd February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made tons of lasagne this week. Everyone loves it and it is great to see empty plates instead of moans and groans about the vegetables (this is the grandchildren)
    I hide carrots,celery,sweet potato as well as the tomatoes, onion and garlic in the sauce.

Done my race this morning it was fab as it started snowing so I felt like a real hard core athlete:H

Still sad about my daughter going to Arabia

Comment

Hi Mrs A

Well done on your race. When does your daughter go? Can understand you feeling sad about it:l

Comment

Afternoon sweetpea nad anon. Well done on your race mrs A. Starting snowing here but its very light and not sticking. Better get off this couch and get something done. Laters.:wavin:

Comment

Firefox;1467748 wrote: Afternoon sweetpea nad anon. Well done on your race mrs A. Starting snowing here but its very light and not sticking. Better get off this couch and get something done. Laters.:wavin:
          Same snow here Foxy

Daughter goes 5 am on Friday. I have the baby here and she is all smiles and giggles and her 3 year old brother is playing with the lego. I am glad that they are a happy family unit but sure it is normal to feel sad.
          Will watch last nights programme on Arabia on catchup to see where she will be living

Comment

:l mrsa :l

:hallo: folksies

I've spent the best part of the day just pottering about. Made some passion fruit cordial, and intend trying to make jam tomorrow. I 1st have to soak some skins so that I can remove the pith.

The eldest cub is off to the movies with a buddy of his. They're going to see the new Bruce Willis movie. Mrs. T will be visiting a friend of hers - the one who had a minor stroke and was diagnosed with high bp and diabetes last week. Youngest intends watching a pay-per-view movie on the telly and then highlights from the Brit Awards. She's a huge One Direction fan... It makes for a nice quiet evening.
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1467859 wrote: :l mrsa :l

:hallo: folksies

I've spent the best part of the day just pottering about. Made some passion fruit cordial, and intend trying to make jam tomorrow. I 1st have to soak some skins so that I can remove the pith.

The eldest cub is off to the movies with a buddy of his. They're going to see the new Bruce Willis movie. Mrs. T will be visiting a friend of hers - the one who had a minor stroke and was diagnosed with high bp and diabetes last week. Youngest intends watching a pay-per-view movie on the telly and then highlights from the Brit Awards. She's a huge One Direction fan... It makes for a nice quiet evening.
              Read properly this time Mr T. I would love some passion fruit cordial never mind the Jam!

Just reading the newspapers here about the Pistorius case and roughly transcribed it "is an empty vessel into which all our prejudices can be poured" In the UK we have a prejudiced media dating back years.

Feeling good about One Direction I am taking my darling Grandaughter to see them:H

I will take my iphone and record it for you Tigger

Comment

Watching the rugby as well. No chance of Joey getting to Canada?

Comment

I mean 't is there no chance of getting Joey to Canada?

Comment

mollyka;1467890 wrote: No, not this year anyway, the two weeks he had to wait for his passport were the stumbling block, and the only reason he needed another passport was cos they changed the visa from one year to two - so the expiry date wasn't long enough for the two years.
                    I'm fairly resigned about it - I do feel things happen for a reason, have had a few of them in my life - and more often than not the outcome has been good, so we'll see. Once he's not terribly unhappy I'm ok with whatever happens.

England played very well!!
                    Bring on ye Scots tomorra!!! Could be a wee bit of banter round these parts about THAT one:H
                    Have you picked out a house you want to buy - are you staying in the same area an stuff?
                    Xpost Mollykins! Found a few houses but will wait until no. 1 daughter sells her house. Would Joey go anywhere else besides Canadia ( I know the spelling)

Comment

ENGERLAND, ENGERLAND,ENGERLAND!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5B-bxIpMwY[/video]]English rugby union Song Swing Low, Sweet Chariot - YouTube
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm champion. Have to admit that I nanna napped all the way through the first half.

Bit of sad new this morning. The bloke next door's Dad died this morning. Lovely auld fellow been very poorly since way before Chrimbo. So that'll be a funeral at the end of the week.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

We'll be going for the people next door. It'll not be a big do, just the crem.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Howyiz - fecked I am :upset:

Comment

I want a grit big funeral pyre with Mr JC and the kids weeping and wailing, tearing at their clothes, overcome with grief and being forced back from jumping on it with me or in reality just the crem will do.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sorry Satzuma, x-post.
                                You OK?
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X