40 Days Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40 Days Today

Well it's been 40 days. I feel really great. Been saying "no thanks" at all my gigs to a drink. No big deal to me though I still don't know why. I feel blessed not to have to struggle not to drink. I don't know if I would be doing so well if I had to cope with urges all the time. Started sleeping a little better and longer. I have been taking a multi vitimin with a few different B Vitimins in it and a fish oil every day. I also never realized how much money I spent on alcohol. All around it's been positive and I have had some bumps in my life and haven't even thought of resorting to alcohol. I hope everyone is well.

40 Days Today

Sounds like you're taking good care of yourself and taking life on life's terms.
    :goodjob: CanDo!
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

40 Days Today

iknowicandoit;1468263 wrote: Well it's been 40 days. I feel really great. Been saying "no thanks" at all my gigs to a drink. No big deal to me though I still don't know why. I feel blessed not to have to struggle not to drink. I don't know if I would be doing so well if I had to cope with urges all the time. Started sleeping a little better and longer. I have been taking a multi vitimin with a few different B Vitimins in it and a fish oil every day. I also never realized how much money I spent on alcohol. All around it's been positive and I have had some bumps in my life and haven't even thought of resorting to alcohol. I hope everyone is well.
      Congratulations, IKICDI!

Your positive screen name clearly reflects your attitude. Maybe it was because you were that sure in your heart and head that dumping AL hasn't been an epic battle for you.
      You are proof that thoughts can lead to actions that lead to SUCCESS!

Last night I was in a situation where drinking would have been so easy and for the first time I had your response of not drinking being no big deal or hardship. IT WAS GREAT!

Keep up the good work! You should be so proud of yourself because even if it has seemed
      easy, it has been that way because you got yourself to where you needed to be.

-NS

Comment

40 Days Today

WOW IKICDI

That is terrific! You sound great.

FREEDOM! From all the crazy that comes with drinking! Priceless!

Comment

40 Days Today

Thanks everyone. No Sugar you may be right because I had just had it with being stuck drinking when I could be doing so much more. It made no sense to me anymore. My head and heart really wanted it gone. I still feel fortunate. I enjoy seeing my progress even if not a lot of people know about it. It's for me. I like my new life but have no regrets about the old one. That was me then and this is me now.

Comment

40 Days Today

iknowicandoit;1468348 wrote: Thanks everyone. No Sugar you may be right because I had just had it with being stuck drinking when I could be doing so much more. It made no sense to me anymore. My head and heart really wanted it gone. I still feel fortunate. I enjoy seeing my progress even if not a lot of people know about it. It's for me. I like my new life but have no regrets about the old one. That was me then and this is me now.
            People in the Newbies Nest (and the NN roll call) would enjoy your story! Watching people move successfully from one day to the next and reading the posts of the experienced AF people who so wonderfully mentor those in the nest has been critical for me to make it this far. So, if you don't mind the crowd, you sure would be welcome in the NN and the NN roll call threads!

-NS

Comment

40 Days Today

:goodjob: I am very happy for you!
              "One day at a time."

Comment

40 Days Today

I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT too!
                I am SO proud of you :h
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

40 Days Today

Awesome !
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

40 Days Today

*bump* for 30 day recognition Star Man
                    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

40 Days Today

Nice job can do! Sorry this is late :goodjob:

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2061859=7268-attachment.jpg[/img]
                      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

40 Days Today

Comment

Working...
                        X