Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living in a flat world, and trying to explain that it is round.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this mean ! As individuals that drink we live in a different reailty. We think that no one knows that we are different. But behind our backs, people will talk. Through our actions we have done some pretty dumb things. We think that people don't notice how stupid we have been durning our drunkingness. Your thoiughts.,,,,,,,,,,IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Hi IAD, I don't understand that phrase. I suppose its just how we percieve the world. When I drank loads, especially secretly, I felt like it was me against the world. It was me all on my own. In a way, Knowing that the world was round for everyone else but it was flat for me. Thinking that i was different from everyone else. 'They ' could all cope and i could not. Drinking blurred the edges of this and made me not give a sh**!!!!
    Anyway, isn't it about US, NOT other people? What others think is their business, I am just stuggling to keep MY life on an even keel and trying to enjoy life as i only have 1. What is your view?

Bella xx

Comment

Bella,

Your right, it's about us. We can all become a little paranoid. I only worry that what people think about me would effect my family......IAD.

By the way: I thought that phrase was kind of wierd. It's got to be on a bumper sticker somewhere.......:H
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD, I think that a lot of times, people who are close to us simply adjust to how we become (assuming it is not too out there) - and that is their new reality. If they were able to step back to when it all started, I'm sure they would be shocked at what they now consider our 'normal' behavior.
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Nail on the head AA....exactly my thoughts......In fact, in my case, even really 'out there' behaviour was not batted an eyelid to by my family as they were so used to it...

Weird wot we'll accept as normal isn't it if we're used to it....

Comment

What is 'normal' anyway? With or without alcohol, I ain't normal and wouldn't want to be. lol

Doo
            :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

I second that Doo Doo!!!

Agree with AAthlete - even to ourselves we accept what we have become whilst drinking and that becomes our new normality even though it is hell on earth... as long as we can drink again ehhhhh!!!

Also - i told my family ages ago that I had a drink prob then I said that it was no longer a prob so I could drink again - everyone was happy to go along with it as it fitted in with their normal drinking patterns.!!!

Oh and Melon - that phrase "oh shes okay she's just had too much to drink" sounds so innocent doesn't it - to cover us causing a scene and stripping off naked in the rain. Little do they know that we were slowly dying inside.....

Love S

Comment

Working...
              X