Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 25th February

mollyka;1468788 wrote: Mornin Jacks!
    That's another funny one really - as I said earlier, quite like the booze free zone thing (and it isn't like forbidden or anything - just isn't relevant) - and yet on the other hand Adam did my head in at Christmas cos I think he had the whole 'lets not drink on Christmas Day because of Mum' convo with the others - not sure, but that's the way it panned out anyway, despite the fact there was wine and beer bought in.
    I talked about it with him anyway - and he says he'll become somewhat less hystericalI wonder if my two had that convo.
    My first AF Chrimbo ,Santa must have been at work. Mr JC was on call, son and heir was driving all day and our Jenz had a vicious chest infection so no one touched a drop. It was a breeze for me.

daisy45;1468790 wrote:
    Yea, I feel that most people in my circle of friends and family 'have a problem' - like attracts like and all that! But, like ourselves, it is up to each individual to decide if and when they want to do something about it - if ever.
    I know I did not really get how bad I was until I got a decent time AF under my belt - then I was astounded, shocked, disgusted.....but onwards and upwards, the past is the past!
    So glad your hubby is on board.
    I'm not sure I could have done it without Mr JC.
    And you are soooooooooooooooo right. The past is past. Every now and again I get an internal shudder at the things I've done but nowt I can do about it 15 years on.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm not sure I could have done it without Mr JC.
      And you are soooooooooooooooo right. The past is past. Every now and again I get an internal shudder at the things I've done but nowt I can do about it 15 years on.

Hey JC, I don't have an 'other half' - my kids are my support system - they are so good!
      Getting sober does bring along those cringe moments. I would even find myself sitting alone,going red just thinking about things......some secrets that can never be told!!! Oh dear......
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

daisy45;1468795 wrote:
        Hey JC, I don't have an 'other half' - my kids are my support system - they are so good!
        Getting sober does bring along those cringe moments. I would even find myself sitting alone,going red just thinking about things......some secrets that can never be told!!! Oh dear......
        I'm so pleased you've got your own home grown cheerleaders. Grab support wherever you can.

Not at work today. Tuesdays, Wednesdays at volunteer place and Thursdays at the proper job. My very first pay day in over 10 years on the 28th.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1468797 wrote: Oh I know - and this is where I differ from AA doctrine - they do the whole 'making a list' and 'making amends' - I s'pose I do get the making amends bit - but yes - there are those cringing horrible secret things - I CANNOT see why they cannot just stay there forever really - ya know - secret -- we all have them hun:l
          OMG couldn't agree more.

Bet 99.999999999% have been forgotten about anyway.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

im really, realyy struggling guys .I think I need a sober buddy, someone who can meet me once a week for a chat and who I can call on. I dont really want to go to aa but maybes I need to in order to meet someone.

Comment

I'm with you Limers. I'd like one, too. Wish I was closer, but I'm in the States. Feel free to PM me. though.

RainyDay lives close to me but she hasn't been on here in ages.
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

thanks Siren x

Comment

thanks Molly, im feeling better. Just had scrambled eggs and coffee and i feel nice and satisfied! I do believe I need some people physically near me to talk to, Im a lazy typer and i get v limited time on the devices as the kids are always on them. I got the ipad for me but i rarely get a chance to use it and when i do someones always looking over my shoulder!

Comment

limers;1468805 wrote: im really, realyy struggling guys .I think I need a sober buddy, someone who can meet me once a week for a chat and who I can call on. I dont really want to go to aa but maybes I need to in order to meet someone.
                    First time on the Army thread. Hope you don't mind the intrusion.

I'm with you limers and siren. I think I need a sponsor. Someone I can call when I leave from work. That's when the voice is the loudest: turn left to the store, don't go right, or you'll get no wine! You deserve it! Go left!

I live in a small, rural area, and can't make myself go to AA.

Day 3. Big deal, huh? How many day 3's have I had?
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Juja, please never feel you're intruding. Ok.

Can't tell you how many day 3s I've had but I'd need a very big calculator and a brain like Stephen Hawkins to work it out.

We'll have to buy our own MWO island so we can get closer to each other. I know I'm very lucky to a few people I can ring and actually meet up with (when funds allow) now and again.

And yes day 3 is a big deal. I was the woman that couldn't go 3 hours with out drinking at one time.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thank you, Jackie Claire. You helped me feel better about myself.
                        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

I'm up north Molly; probably about 100 miles between us!
                          I don't think I would ever be up for going to AA, especially around here. I know of a few that go, and through the grapevine, confidential or not, information about who else goes does come out.
                          I just don't think I could deal with wondering who 'knows' about me....but I really admire anyone that does....
                          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Limers was gonna ask where you were but just seen that you are over in McGinty land...keep strong, the struggle is worth it though at the time you are struggling and seems pretty crap, but honestly it is ...to control yor life as opposed to ..well what does the bottle say today?:l
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

daisy45;1468867 wrote: I'm up north Molly; probably about 100 miles between us!
                              I don't think I would ever be up for going to AA, especially around here. I know of a few that go, and through the grapevine, confidential or not, information about who else goes does come out.
                              I just don't think I could deal with wondering who 'knows' about me....but I really admire anyone that does....
                              :welcome:
                              Howya - Daisydoo

Yo rest of Army :wavin:
                              Off to read back

Comment

ps Noseyhole is back looking over my shoulder :durn:

Comment

Working...
                                X