• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this interesting

Living Sober
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

I found this interesting

Awesome article Nelz! Thanks for this. Much insight to be had.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

I found this interesting

I felt compelled to edit and put a different spin on the article, take it back a step perhaps to pre-alcohol issues.

What is the secret to living? This can be a baffling question indeed.

The answer involves a process. If you could sit down and simply whisper the secret in someone's ear, that would be really great and life would essentially be solved. But it is not so simple, and the path in life is a long and difficult one.

The process starts with surrender. One must give up the struggle to control in their life. This is a huge trick that no one can grasp intuitively right away. This is because our natural tendency as human beings is to fight for control. We might sense that our life is spinning out of control, so our natural inclination is to fight to regain that control. Intuitively, our obvious solution is to somehow figure out how to regain control of ourselves and others in our life. But of course this does not work, and this approach only leads to more chaos.

Once you accept this then you must take action. If and when you decide to take real action in order to make this change in your life, then you have essentially made a decision and your new life has begun. Now it is only a matter of execution. Can you learn how to live life?

In the beginning, living is about networking with others. This is critical because you need to learn how to be with others. As time goes on, the networking aspect becomes less important, and personal growth becomes the important thing to focus on. Many people miss this subtle shift in strategy and become dependent on the group as a way of life.

In the end, you need to push yourself to grow holistically (mind, body, spirit, soul), so that you are not stagnating in your growth and just drifting. This happens to so many. The key to life is therefore to push yourself to keep growing and learning.
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
      X