How much did you Drink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much did you Drink?

Hello Everyone, Recently I met an Alkie who was drinking a bottle of Vodka 750ml and 2 or 3 beers a day and had done for years. At the height of my drinking career I was polishing off 2 bottles of wine a day. I would like to hear from others and how much they have drunk on a daily basis. Thanks

How much did you Drink?

At the very minimum it was 10 beers. But, for the most part, that would also entail a handful of whiskey shots if it was around. Towards the very end of my drinking, I was even starting the day off with 3 or 4.......not such a good thing
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

How much did you Drink?

24 to 30 beers a night and some bourbon doubles
      If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

How much did you Drink?

At my worst, I was drinking a bit less than a bottle of wine a day. Never wanted to think I drank a whole bottle!
        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

How much did you Drink?

At the height of my binges I was drinking from morning to bedtime, maybe 3 bottles of wine. But would drink anything to be honest, vodka at work as you can't smell it!!!!!!! Idiot! Beer if being sick as it was easier to get down, I was also eating nothing so was not good at all.
          In my twenties before alcohol became too much of a problem I was a one bottle of wine a night girl!
          With lots more at the weekend, not forgetting the weed, cocaine, ecstasy etc!
          Much happier with my redbush now :0)
          Good thread
          AF since 2nd Oct 2012
          Day by day

Comment

How much did you Drink?

At my worst 2 bottles of wine a day and sometimes one or two cans of cider or lager. I would more or less anything and if at someone's house or family i would drink a few vodkas and always had to have something before and after i went out. Wasn't always daily but bad binges that could go on for wks or days.

Comment

How much did you Drink?

i think sometimes these kind of threads are counter productive. I mean to say what is to much for some is such an individual thing. I have seen many of these threads over the years and thought ' ah jaysus, im not that bad, I only have a few cans a night' and felt ok then to go buy a few more. I mean im not as bad as that!!!!!!!!!OO!!

However im my humble opinion , if drinking, no matter how much or litttle is an all consuming thought that starts shortly after waking up'will i tonight, wont i' and then once you have decided u will, which lets face it is every freakin night , then stage two of the battle starts , that been 'how many!! Will I buy one two bottles, I mean i will only have the top of the second!, wont I '!!

Its all bullshit, entertaining the mental wrangling/ torture we put ourselves through every drinking day , regardless of how much we drink! That to me is when it becomes a problem......long, long before we reach the park bench, long long before we loose our jobs, houses, partners. It is when its an all consuming thought........

Comment

How much did you Drink?

I somewhat agree with Limers. I used to read threads like this when I was feeling weak and it would make my amounts seem perfectly fine! But, we all know that that is a lie :-)

But, to answer the question, I was drinking until I got drunk 2-3 times a week. It was usually blackout drunk. It normally took a bottle and a half of wine. Regular size bottles of course, because buying the larger bottles would indicate I have a problem drinking :-)

SS

Comment

How much did you Drink?

too much that's for sure

enough to totally fcuk my head up

and every day

that's why I stopped.....

quantity isn't actually relevant, it's how it makes you feel and why you do it, IMO
                  I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

How much did you Drink?

12-14 beers a day.

When I was on a diet I'd switch to rum or vodka...more bang for the calories, ya know.

All I know is I felt and looked like crap. I hated what I was doing, who I was.

Life is better sober (notice I didn't say EASIER...I said better!)
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

How much did you Drink?

ditto what K9 said.....exactly....
                      a twelve pack a night
                      and I am thrilled to be sober........but I have not lost an ounce of weight....go figure!!
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

How much did you Drink?

Same here Mama...probably because I replaced the alcohol with eating whatever the hell I wanted!

Drinking that much made my body so sluggish. I swear I could taste nothing but beer all day long. Ugh.
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

How much did you Drink?

I put on weight...
                          now 2 years later I am trying to lose it!!
                          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

How much did you Drink?

mama bear;1470228 wrote: ditto what K9 said.....exactly....
                            a twelve pack a night
                            and I am thrilled to be sober........but I have not lost an ounce of weight....go figure!!
                            With you on that Mama - not an ounce :upset:

Comment

How much did you Drink?

K9Lover;1470232 wrote: Same here Mama...probably because I replaced the alcohol with eating whatever the hell I wanted!

Drinking that much made my body so sluggish. I swear I could taste nothing but beer all day long. Ugh.
                              K9 - that's probably it. Our bodies are 'fecked' and can't adjust back to normally assimilate calories ?

Comment

Working...
                              X