Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos and Friends - March

G'Day everyone,

I'm in Australia, bit of a newbie, but cant say I'm really into the 3000! page newbie thread

Would rather fit in here if theres room?

I'm now on day 6! and surprisingly doing ok, my big worry is when I have a bad day at work r someone pees me off...

I did this once before n lasted 5 weeks then gradually slipped back to my daily drinking and my intake got worse, this time I stopped for health reasons for sure, but also cos i cant afford the $200 a fortnight habit I had developed! crikey!

Think I might do what I did when stopped smoking years ago n pile up the money n buy myself pressies...

Anyway just a hello n see how you guys are..

hoo roo

Comment

:welcome: meron

Well done on day 6! There is heaps of room here and venting here is much more fun than drinking (or on the %$&! thread) - we can come up with some ingenious ways of getting back at those who pee you off without causing any harm

Comment

blondie;1472259 wrote: :welcome: meron

Well done on day 6! There is heaps of room here and venting here is much more fun than drinking (or on the %$&! thread) - we can come up with some ingenious ways of getting back at those who pee you off without causing any harm
        Thanks Blondie!

My biggest problem is not so much not drinking, but its when I do, I cant just have a couple, I really hook into it, I dont get para or anti social, or even stagger or slurr words, but I just keep going until I get that level of buzz, then happily go to bed.

But I'm drinking (was) heaps a night, every night, no change at weekends, was just same every night over n over, guess its gotta stop or I'm in trouble.

I did find it hard to stop, gotta be that day that you just feel right, luckily I scored one of those days last week.

Oh well, wont bore you all with my dramas, but I will hang around n hopefully join in a bit.

Comment

Hello and welcome meron. I'm not an Undie. I'm just here to torture some them :H

Anyway many people ask me what's my secret for keeping in shape and managing all the crazy activities I am involved in. You know, the hiking, biking, swimming, running, triathlons etc. It ALL come down to song choice on your audio device. Me? A 60GB Microsoft Zune MP3 player. When I find myself really struggling I always select my favorite. Why here's the lyrics...

Risin' up, back on the street
          Did my time, took my chances
          Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
          Just a Techie and his will to survive
          So many times, it happens too fast
          You trade your passion for glory
          Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
          You must fight just to keep them alive

[Chorus:]
          It's the thigh of the Froglet, it's
          the thrill of the fight
          Rising up to the challenge of our rival
          And the last known survivor
          stalks his prey in the night
          And he's watching us all with the thigh of the Froglet

Face to face, out in the mud
          Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
          They stack the odds, still we take to the street
          For the kill with the skill to survive
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I knew that Ellie was just a diversionary tactic :H

Comment

GACK!!!

Hi Meron and welcome - nice to have you here. Stick around.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1472277 wrote: GACK!!!

Hi Meron and welcome - nice to have you here. Stick around.
                :H:H:H:H:H:H
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

meron;1472252 wrote: G'Day everyone,

I'm in Australia, bit of a newbie, but cant say I'm really into the 3000! page newbie thread

Would rather fit in here if theres room?

I'm now on day 6! and surprisingly doing ok, my big worry is when I have a bad day at work r someone pees me off...

I did this once before n lasted 5 weeks then gradually slipped back to my daily drinking and my intake got worse, this time I stopped for health reasons for sure, but also cos i cant afford the $200 a fortnight habit I had developed! crikey!

Think I might do what I did when stopped smoking years ago n pile up the money n buy myself pressies...

Anyway just a hello n see how you guys are..

hoo roo
                  Matey boy .... any one that signs off with hoo roo is a real ocker. I'm a kiwi myself, but about to move to Sinney so I'm practising my accent:-)

You are very welcome - congrats on your achievement and stick around :-)
                  Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

From Urbandictionary.com:

Gack - the noise of a frog kissing, particularly when extra-long tongue extended; also an amphibian mating call, usually heard in the remote outback.

youreverywelcome.

Comment

Missy - are you joining us this week?!! I hope you're looking forward to more than conversing about the biggest loser :-)

Comment

blondie;1472290 wrote: From Urbandictionary.com:

Gack - the noise of a frog kissing, particularly when extra-long tongue extended; also an amphibian mating call, usually heard in the remote outback.

youreverywelcome.
                        I KNEW IT... I JUST KNEW IT :h

Comment

Thanx for the kind welcomes,

I often say hoo roo, just one of them things...

kinda like 'whadya know'?

Comment

blondie;1472295 wrote: Missy - are you joining us this week?!! I hope you're looking forward to more than conversing about the biggest loser :-)
                            Shush you! and I kinda agree on the "bit of a" comment, he's got noice eyes but...

Hi Meron! welcome

Comment

meron;1472302 wrote:
                              "Dunno" is my personal fav...helps in all sorts of circumstance...

Comment

meron;1472302 wrote:
                                Less and less everyday.

Welcome Meron, and g'day. Great to see you here. Good job on 6 days off the turps. Keep it going! P.S. Have you discovered our toolbox yet? Here's the link. Very useful and inspiring reading. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

G'day Missy!

Blondie. Music is going slow as i'm procrastinating, but working on it! Orf for a swim with me pescatorial mates after Jim.

31 C and a pearler of a day here, so best off and into it.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X