Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos and Friends - March

Hi G (and all)

Frog, I have no idea how to punctuate this!

I read this thread often but seldom post. I did want to recognize your interest in being a parent. Have you any interest in being a Big Brother? I should google to make sure the program exists in Australia (and will) but it is, in my opinion, worth taking a quick look to determine if it might be a fit. If Big Brothers/Big Sisters does not exist in Australia, there must be an equivalent. I salute your desire.

Comment

DUCK!!! Great to see you in the drawer!!! (Excuse shouting and excessive exclamation marks - I'm thrilled to see you here.) You'll be happy to know that all Undies (except for Mr.G.) currently have pets, most of them have multiple pets. Nicey even has Oscar, a cadaver dog, now retired - at least I hope he's retired. I'd be scared shitless if when taking him for a walk he suddenly started straining at his lead...

Mr.G - Like Bridge, I'm also unsure of whether you're interested in having your own biological child or whether you'd be prepared to accept a ready-made or foster or adopt. I also don't know if you want to be in a relationship or would consider doing this solo. I think we do have a Big Brother/Sister programme operating in Oz if that's what you're looking for.

As I understand it, some women are leaving it later to have their first child. Late 30's to early 40's is not uncommon. That's still a possibility.

I have no idea whether single blokes can adopt but I'm certain they can foster. Biggest need seems to be for early teenage kids.

I personally know a sperm donor who, whilst not actively engaged in the child's upbringing or daily life (the parents are lesbian) - he is still kept in the loop with new photos, updates, invitations to birthday parties etc. He is very happy to have been in a position to let these two women achieve their dreams. And a bit of his DNA now goes on ...

It's a complex thing to be sure to be sure but ...

Comment

Thanks Frog! I am still trying to determine if chooks (as an American, a word I never would have known was a replacement for chickens) count as pets. I saw yours perched on the spindles of the dining room chairs which makes me re-think.

BTW, reference to bee's dick has been of most interest to me - enough to make my fingers google and here is what I found:

bee's dick
        45 up, 8 down
        1. An imprecise or snap judgment of incredibly small space or distance - usually in relation to a brief window of time, as in a close call or near miss. Exact measurement can never be known, trust only in it being teeny-tiny.

2. Drone penis
        1. The car briefly span out of control on the wet road, squealing to a stop a bee’s dick away from slamming into the Capilano truck traveling in the opposite direction.

2. The two virgin females fought for the title of the hive's queen, which gave exclusive breeding rights over a thousand strong swarm of buzzing bee's dick. Being so beleaguered, we believe it would be a busy bee season for the winning bee.

Never in a million years would I think to ever research a bee's dick if it were not for my friends down under!

Comment

lucky 2.0;1482197 wrote: I saw yours perched on the spindles of the dining room chairs which makes me re-think.
          I.promise.you. They are pets AND have a brain. I keep a glass jar near my bed which houses chocolate cookie type things. Ages ago I started crumbling a cookie and giving it to them. They now automatically run there and peck at the jar. Too bad, so sad ... I don't want them turning into turkeys so I've stopped the practice. They are so delightful. And we sing. Their favourite songs are: 'Getting to know you' : "bok-bok bok bok bok bohhhk bok, bok-bok bok bok bok boooohk bok" and they also really like the opening bars from Hall of the Mountain King: bok bok bok bok bok bok bohhhk, bok bok booohk ...

Sure you couldn't house a couple of them in Cal?

Cross-post there. Soooo glad you looked into the bee's dick. Fascinatin', aint it? #1 sums it up.

Comment

Bee's dick? I only answer to Techie! How can I help you?
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

techie;1482201 wrote: I only answer to Techie! How can I help you?
              Isn't it your bed time yet? Remember: The gong's gonna getcha if you don't watch out ...."

Comment

tawnyfrog;1482202 wrote: Isn't it your bed time yet? Remember: The gong's gonna getcha if you don't watch out ...."
                :h

Actually I am turning in. Emma and I are doing that 15.4 mile hike tomorrow. We'll need all the luck we can muster. Some divine assist wouldn't be bad either. This is twice the distance I normally hike. I'll have a full report late tomorrow if I have the strength to type one out!

Bee's dick you have some nerve

Nite all
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Evening Undies and Internationalists...another excellent yoga and meditation practice...some walking meditation today which makes me feel like running away...which is weird...anyway...

G, thats a question with so many answers and options...depending on what you want. I just think we're lucky to live in times when it doesn't have to be a "traditional" family setup to be accepted and made easier for those involved with that acceptance...options are out there and like I said, it depends what you want. And dont give up on finding love in the most unexpected places. Or times.

Techie, hope the walk with Emma goes well.

Lovely to see Lucky too.

Thinking hard about food as we have been hit with a huge thunderstorm and no one wants to bbq the planned dinner....mmm...

Comment

Evening all,

G'day Lucky duck! Nice to see you, and i return the salute henceforth and forethwith.

Appreciate the replies. I was a bit vague in the original post. I am wanting a biological kid, not adopting or fostering etc. The minor dilemma is, that there are heaps of potential cool women i meet and see in me travels who are in their 40's (closer to my age), who i'd settle down with in a flash. But, the reason I've been holding off for so long, and remained single, is i have been tossing up the idea of starting a family one day. Now, if i get into a r, re, r.....rel.....relationship with a sheila who doesn't want, or can't have kids, then this is why I've been hesitant to pursue same. The sperm donor thing your friends did Frog sounds a possibility if i could be involved. Anyway, it'll work out. Thanks everyone.

Groovy rehearsal, and we are ready for action awaiting April 6, the inaugural Gman big band trio!

Edit: xpost. Yes Happs. Options are out there. Oh no, i haven't given up on love. In fact, it is all around me.

Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1482081 wrote:
                      Blossoms, I'm curious about your love life (as usual:H) Did you marry a Japanese folk? Or are you both Aussie ex pats?

myhappyplace;1482094 wrote:
                      I was curious too Bridge. But I wasnt game to ask...thank you :H
                      Haha.... Not the most difficult question I've been asked here:H

I've just had a day with the in laws - lunch for the FIL AND MILs birthdays, a walk along a cherry blossom lined river and afternoon tea at a fancy hotel.
                      Yep the hubby is Japanese ( and his parents live downstairs from us, which actually works better than you would think).
                      The youngun goes to a Japanese local school in Japanese and speaks to her dad and Japanese grandparents in Japanese, but is really fluent in English too - she and I only speak English together and we have cable TV so she watches pretty much only English TV.

Comment

Guitarista;1482240 wrote: Evening all,

G'day Lucky duck! Nice to see you, and i return the salute henceforth and forethwith.

Appreciate the replies. I was a bit vague in the original post. I am wanting a biological kid, not adopting or fostering etc. The minor dilemma is, that there are heaps of potential cool women i meet and see in me travels who are in their 40's (closer to my age), who i'd settle down with in a flash. But, the reason I've been holding off for so long, and remained single, is i have been tossing up the idea of starting a family one day. Now, if i get into a r, re, r.....rel.....relationship with a sheila who doesn't want, or can't have kids, then this is why I've been hesitant to pursue same. The sperm donor thing your friends did Frog sounds a possibility if i could be involved. Anyway, it'll work out. Thanks everyone.

Groovy rehearsal, and we are ready for action awaiting April 6, the inaugural Gman big band trio!

Edit: xpost. Yes Happs. Options are out there. Oh no, i haven't given up on love. In fact, it is all around me.

Yo!
                        About the being able to or not being able to have kids bit..... Well that's something you don't know until you try. And you really can't plan for those things. You never know what you will be given.
                        It took me 3 years and 4 pregnancies to get my daughter. I originally wanted 2 kids....but I was so happy to finally get my one after fearing I wouldn't ever have a child. And then, I have a friend who planned 2, but now has 4.....

You can only plan the wanting....

Comment

Blossoms;1482329 wrote: About the being able to or not being able to have kids bit..... Well that's something you don't know until you try. And you really can't plan for those things. You never know what you will be given.
                          It took me 3 years and 4 pregnancies to get my daughter. I originally wanted 2 kids....but I was so happy to finally get my one after fearing I wouldn't ever have a child. And then, I have a friend who planned 2, but now has 4.....

You can only plan the wanting....
                          Thanks Blossoms. And i bet your daughter is a beeewdy too, and lucky to have a gutsy, responsible mum.

I've had a couple a bites on Columbian Canoodlers.com and Iranian singles.com, so i'll see how things pan out.

The feeling's gooooood here at rear of 4/1075 Beach rd. Port phillip bay. Orf to see James, then the obligatory run/swim. Getting a bit frush in the water, but refreshing ultimately. As long as Wilhemena the white pointer residing at rear of Latitude 0156, longitude 1.0578, 1.6 k's off Sorrento pier, is still sleeping off last nights penguin feast, i should be in for a hassle free swim.

Have a bonza day y'all!

Morning Noicey!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning Undies, geez roll on real autumn the weathers turned back and we've had temps in the 30's and late night thunderstorms...make after Easter? anyway, a swim sounds refreshing Mr G.

Your ex had a segment on 60 minutes last night Blossoms, along with the other Independents, didnt see it as I was busy working out what to cook with no food in the house?? what is that? two days away and nothing left although The Lamp reckons he shopped 3 times...I really dont know what he bought. Maybe it was a Bunnings trip x3?

Off and into it lovelies, play nice.

Comment

hi all
                              rain here like crazy again, spent all day reading The Sea Wolf..damn its good...happs, the deck will be nice huh?....Lucky, good to see you..my chickens have been great pets....Mr. G, I bet there is a forum out there about surrogate Moms or stuff like that you could lurk on...well, have decided to make the Alaska trip...my Mom is very excited. It may take me years to pay it off but what the hell, its just money...

Comment

here is my friend Spotty I talk about sometimes...she got hit by a car..

Comment

Working...
                                X