Underoos and Friends - March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Undies. It is a gorgeous day here AGAIN. I'm a late riser today as I couldn't locate my oil can this morning. Actually, I feel pretty damn good after that long trek. Emma is fine except for one rather large blister. Oh Tawny, guess what Amazon delivered this morning? Kangaroos: Faces in the Mob! We plan on watching it this evening with popcorn and a box of tissues. My hat didn't arrive yet

OK folks go and have a GREAT day :h
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Morning all,

Good stuff Techie. There's nothing like getting out there in the country and amongst nature, angry rattlers and all. Good sign you feel good after the hike!

I bet Jonesy knows her Wan from her Lan by now.

Still dark here, but I know it's going to be a pearler of a day. I am excitement!

Ooroo.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning Undies,
        Still dark here too because it's 5am and we are flying to Hokkaido this morning for a 3 day skiing trip. Never been to Hokkaido before, but everyone always tells me that it is crawling with Aussies:H:H

Comment

Morning all.
          5.5 hours sleep and raring to go

Can't believe Techie went out on a hike and came back in one piece Wus.

Morning Mr G. I've been thinking a lot about your dilemma, and in fact the dilemma of our generation regarding this kind of stuff. What about the adoption idea?

Bird I'm so glad you're going to see your Mum. Those are the experiences that outlast the credit card bills.

Glad the girl is holding hard Blossom. Time to move forward Grandad. Maybe you're there to challenge them Blossom?

Good for you Cakes I actually had a dream last night about being ripped off at work FFS???

OK it's time to function.
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1482903 wrote:

Morning Mr G. I've been thinking a lot about your dilemma, and in fact the dilemma of our generation regarding this kind of stuff. What about the adoption idea?
            Morning Bridge. No, I'm wanting yer biological style option. Appreciate your thoughts.

Safe travels Blossoms!

Have a beeeewdiful day all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

.....And hello to Lucky from 2 days ago:H

Nicey, I think we all just have to live with the reality of craving alcohol once in a while.
              I, like you, would be devastated if I caved. The liklihood is low, but still there.
              I'll tell you a secret Nicey, but don't tell the others. Yesterday while looking for an image to stick into the never ending assignments I got a nasty little surprise.
              Last 'session' I have obviously decided to take a 'selfy' for reasons best known to drunk Bridge. Can barely even remember it. But there it was on C drive, this bloated, pale, waxy, tragic, miserable looking soul who had just finished chucking her guts up all night. What I do remember about that night (apart from the porcelain and Blue Loo) was the fact that I had a severe headache that I just couldn't get rid of for days. Dehydration I'm sure, but in retrospect probably skyrocketing blood pressure. How lovely would it have been for my poor boy to wake up in the morning and find that I'd had a stroke overnight?
              I'm really glad I took that picture, and found it. I'll blow it up to poster size and hang it on the main street before I have a drink again....
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning Gang,

Techie - you will need tissues.

Everybody's sounding most chipper!

As are I because I have a tradie coming in at 10 to fix some of the wind-damaged stuff around the place.

Nicey - 18 sleeps is ridiculous. You'll be ready for the loony bin at the end of that little episode.

Blossom - have a blast. Now I can dine out and tell people "I have a friend who's skiing in Hokkaido for three days". Ain't the web a wonderful thing?

Expecting 29C today, 34C tomorrow and 18C on Thursday. WTF's with that?

Comment

Morning lovely people! gorgi day and I've changed my path this morning to create a better mindset, and guess, what it works! also as I pointed out to someone last night, the two bar heater thats been planted up my clacker for the last coupla days seems to be cooling down....dontcha love hormoanes??

Skiing sounds like a ripper idea Blossoms, just bring on anything cold and I'd be there. Pleased to hear Techstar is in one piece. And so glad Bird will have Alaska pics for us vicarious travellers.

Comment

Guitarista;1482913 wrote: Morning Bridge. No, I'm wanting yer biological style option. Appreciate your thoughts.

Mr G, I too have been thinking about your dilemma. A lot. Partly because I'm around a lot of people at the moment who are in their 30s and having all those discussions about life and relationships and babies and I've been re-visitng my own journey over the past few decades.

I grew up in a huge family - so big that there was no sense of there being "generations" because as soon as our parents stopped having babies the oldest kids started having them. I was an aunty at the age of 7 There were lots of things about being in a large family that I didn't like, but one of the best things about it was being able to dote on my nieces and nephews as they were growing up. Having multiple kids of my own was something I assumed would be part of my life plan. Then when I was 29, and actively trying to get pregnant, I found out that I was highly unlikely to be able to have a child, and that has proved to be the case. For me it was completely devastating. I kept hoping that a miracle would happen, but it never did. Somebody (and actually I think it was Bridge) once used the phrase "the privilege of parenthood" and for those of us who have yearned for that and never had the chance to experience it that feels very real. But we dont all get that privilege, and for me I've chosen to find other peoples kids to lavish my love on - my nieces and nephews and "my" two girls that that aren't really mine at all but who consider that they are, and now that they are all having babies themselves I consider myself an honorary gran (great aunty just sounds too like Miss Marple :H)

What I'm trying to say is I know what you mean about wanting the "biological" option. And hope springs eternal - when I met Mr B I was 43 and he was 49, and a few years on now we still talk about what great kids we would have had together if we had met 20 years earlier

But you are on the horns of a dilemma there G - if you avoid a relationship just because the woman concerned can't or doesn't want kids then you deprive yourself. I have spent most of my life single, and mostly very happily single, but the last few years with Mr B have been a gift that has enriched my life immeasurably. I will go to my grave wishing that I had been able to be a mother - but it just wasn't meant to be. But I'll also go to my grave feeling really happy that I've had the luck to find a bloke that "gets" me and loves me and that helps me to be the best person I can be.

As a side note, if the science of IVF had been worked out 10 years earlier, I probably would have been able to have kids. Life is all a bit random sometimes.
                    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Missy that is the most beautiful, insightful post I've read in ages. You.are.so.wise.
                      I've gotta run to the coal face now but have a beautiful day all.
                      I go in a zen like fashion.
                      Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

Missy, what a lovely, thoughtful post :h:l

Comment

Xposted Happs but obviously were on the same wavelength.
                          Have a great day, lady xo
                          Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

oops, sidetracked by food blog....have a good one Cakes. Kick some boss bum...

Comment

Sometimes I think that this web site is as good as therapy - I've had a good cry this morning over things that might have been. I'm working at home today and tomorrow and it is very nice to have some time to myself and not have to face the big commute.

:thanks:
                              and Cakes - I have your number safely in my phone, and will ring it one of these days once I'm a bit more settled!
                              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Cakes, Missy, Bridge, Tawny, others - I have much to say but no time at the mo!!

BUT, whilst reading Missy's bewdiful post I had a sledge hammer moment to solve Mr G's dilemma!!!

What.about.surrogacy???? I'd do this for someone in a heartbeat! Surely, there are other women who think kinda like I do. I've had my family, but I'd be honoured to help someone out in this way. NOT saying I'm your girl Mr G, but surely there's someone out there?????

Laters y'all.
                                It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                                Mother Theresa

Comment

Working...
                                X