Underoos and Friends - March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BHOG;1484144 wrote: Ok, southern citizens!
    Not much to tell here. Had the graddaughters over last night, fun as always. EAster dinner at some friends on Sunday. No AL for BHOG. i have to prepare appitizers. I was wondering, is this a good time of year for frog legs?
    just askin'
    :H:H

Morning Internationalists and Undies...everyone still in bed?

Did the morning chores and found my little Sunnybum chicken dead in her bed...shes been slowing down the last few days and not as "organising" of the others as normal...anyway...only 3 little rescues left. Still reckon now though that when we get other chooks we'll just do rescues. They are just so....dunno how to explain it...will have a think...

Off for some tea...did an hours yoga practice this morning so feeling ready to meet the crash of construction that the Deck Master is about to unleash....

You massaging your bum Techie?

Comment

Morning HP and all to follow,

Sorry to hear of your chook Happs. Geez, a few of them have been 'falling orf the perch' around the joint recently. I suppose given their 7 yr. life span(?) and rescue scenario that stands to reason. Rescuing animals is a beaut thing to do, and may it continue whilst there is a need. Vale SB.

Yes Techie, burnt rolls, burnt ass.....what does it all mean? Either way, I am excitement!

Frogs legs are a delicacy here Baldy, but Frogs clavicles.......well, heretofore we delve into a mystical, magical realm. A realm where a simple, sturdy barbed wire fence can be the difference between heaven and hell.

Geez it's great to be sober. Our emotional equilibrium is so important to maintain as best we can.....well, certainly in my case.

Have a beeewdy out there. Blue sky's here, with a fresh nip in the air. Noice.

Ooroo.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning Mr G...spot on re the rescues and the being sober. I whacked my head last night getting stuff out of the pantry. And it brought back, not one or two, but lots of memories of bumps and bruises, cuts and hurts, all done while I was pissed...so glad I'm not there now. Here is better.

If you're swimming this morning wear thermals...

Comment

Am swimming after a run. Yep, i'll need to look at a wetsuit henceforth and forthwith for yer longer swims which i'm partial too. But I suspect i'll just keep throwing meself in until I can't stand the cold anymore!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning All.

Delightful sleep in here, and at last we have a bit of a fresh feel to the air.
            I feel so ripped off this Autumn. I wait all year for this season to come and here we are a month in and still waiting for it to turn up.

The retriever ate a basket of Easter eggs last night foil wrapping and all. I can report this morning that dog/chocolate mix is not as crucial as we are told. However there are some pretty festive looking poos out there on the lawn glinting in the sun this morning.

Got to mow and tidy Frog style today and have a day of reflection and goal setting methinks, before launching into another whirlpool of study.

Enjoy your Easter break and make it restful folks. Especially to those of us who have had their challenges recently (burnt arses, recalcitrant tradies, dead chickens, bitch collegues at work, cold swimming water, smelly in laws, new jobs)

Peeky Boo Blossoms.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I'm chuckling about the festive looking poos.

Strange the difference in customs. Good friday is a very passive day here, most of Utah does not observe it. And management frowns on employees taking it off (It is not on our approved holiday list at work). Nor is it a holiday for State employees.
              I grew up in rural Colorado, and it was a holiday there.
              BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Recalcitrant has such a Keating-esque ring to it...morning Bridgey...

Assignment finished and emailed...I even sucked up and asked for the April one early but no go...have to wait until next week for it...

I cant shut up this morning...must put this energy to good use...remember when Good Fridays were a shit coz the bottle shops were shut??

and morning again BHOG...love your work btw...

Comment

BHOG;1484291 wrote: I'm chuckling about the festive looking poos.

Strange the difference in customs. Good friday is a very passive day here, most of Utah does not observe it. And management frowns on employees taking it off (It is not on our approved holiday list at work). Nor is it a holiday for State employees.
                  I grew up in rural Colorado, and it was a holiday there.
                  Good Friday is a big pisshead day here BHOG (any excuse...Jesus dying?..No worries, we can drink....)

I was just chatting behind the lounge about how I used to panick and stock up on the Thursday because the bottle shops are closed on Good Friday here. That alone was enough to make me hyperventilate.
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

myhappyplace;1484293 wrote: Recalcitrant has such a Keating-esque ring to it...morning Bridgey...

Assignment finished and emailed...I even sucked up and asked for the April one early but no go...have to wait until next week for it...

I cant shut up this morning...must put this energy to good use...remember when Good Fridays were a shit coz the bottle shops were shut??

and morning again BHOG...love your work btw...
                    Jinx on you.

Poor Sunny Bum chook eh?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1484298 wrote: Jinx on you.

Poor Sunny Bum chook eh?
                      Swear I am not naming any more of them after fellow Undies....in her sleep poor little love...

The Deck Master has erected half his Deck...:H

Comment

Hello dear friends. Does anyone have a labneh ball recipe?
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Yikes just read back. I'm so sorry about your chickie Happs :l
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sorry about your chookie Happs.....sorry about your ARSE Techie...BHOG I grew up in Colorado too.....hey, I used to go on this walk on my lunch break and I would walk along a stretch of fence with barb wire on top...well, everytime after a heavy rain there would always be several dead frogs impaled on the barb wire...I never could figure that out....

Comment

Bird-Where abouts in CO? I was west of Pueblo.
                              And no, I have no idea why frogs would jump up on barbed wire.
                              Curious.
                              BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

bird;1484318 wrote: ... everytime after a heavy rain there would always be several dead frogs impaled on the barb wire...
                                Maybe it was raining cats and frogs?

Comment

Working...
                                X