Underoos and Friends - March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado Springs...I looked up the frog thing..web says birds called shrikes will kill their prey by impaling it on barbwire or thorns..

Comment

yeah tawny except there were no cats hanging off the fence

Comment

You're spot on correct, Birdy. Our oz equivalent is the Butcher bird.

Butcherbirds are insect eaters for the most part, but will also feed on small lizards and other vertebrates. They get their name from their habit of impaling captured prey on a thorn, tree fork, or crevice. This "larder" is used to support the victim while it is being eaten, to store prey for later consumption, or to attract mates.
        Butcherbirds are the ecological counterparts of the shrikes, which are unrelated, but share the "larder" habit; shrikes are also sometimes called "butcherbirds".

Comment

Bird- I lived in CS in...let's see...1980, 81. It's changed a lot since then for sure!
          i do drive through there now and then, I have an Aunt in Pueblo.
          BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

myhappyplace;1484300 wrote: Swear I am not naming any more of them after fellow Undies....in her sleep poor little love...

The Deck Master has erected half his Deck...:H
            Only half poor soul?:H
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1484335 wrote: Only half poor soul?:H
              Apparently he will be a board short :H:H

Morning Techie, Froglette and Birdy...I LOVE my butcherbird that flies onto the back deck to eat the dog biscuits...and now I'm bloody horrified...

:l thanks re Sunnybum chookie...

Comment

Arvo Undies,

Happs - poor Lamp. He'll be going batshit being one board short today and having to wait until he can do a Bunnings run tomorrow. Sorry about chookie. My Brigid hasn't laid a single egg all year but seems healthy enough otherwise. Missy is still a totally reliable and stellar layer.

Cheeses twice, this place is so educational. Just spent a good hour walking around Utah to see where Baldy lives. All I knew about it was that it was the Mormons' headquarters but yikes - there's some absolutely stunning National Parks.

Declared a pink dress day, lit a small fire in the potbelly which although not totally necessary, is a pleasurable thing to do.

Oh - and thanks for all your comments re the Tradie.

Techie - has Viola applied the cactus poultice to your arse yet?

Comment

I've been educated up to my ying-yang this morning and enjoyed it...a lot...might walk amongst the threads a bit more...but...

Even more bad news on the board to TF. Its not from Bunnings, its from his Board Dealer...so it could be next week sometime. Even more reason to be glad not to be on the piss...first steps a big one. I think my use of the kiwi accent whilst saying Deck Master is no longer appreciated either...going to cut that one...

It is most definitely a pink dress day.

Comment

myhappyplace;1484374 wrote: I think my use of the kiwi accent whilst saying Deck Master is no longer appreciated either...going to cut that one...
                    Well I sure hope he's mastered that area. It has taken me years to master mine!

posted from electronic device 2ks off port phillip heads.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

myhappyplace;1484374 wrote: I think my use of the kiwi accent whilst saying Deck Master is no longer appreciated either...going to cut that one...
                      Well I sure hope he's mastered that area. It has taken me years to master mine!

posted via electronic device 2.5. ks off port phillip heads

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

myhappyplace;1484374 wrote:

It is most definitely a pink dress day.
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Did you know that men give their decks names because they don't want a total stranger to make all decisions?

See? Educational. Always.

Comment

techie;1484383 wrote:
                            OMFD ... just when you thought it couldn't get any worse ...

Comment

no kidding lol
                              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Techie, if thats me, I look sad, a tad anorexic and my boosies seem a bit...wrong..

Speaking of which:

Overheard in change room...

Little girl: Mummy I love your boobies, they're so long and soft...

Hi RC! **waving**

Comment

Working...
                                X