Underoos and Friends - March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Bridge Don't be too hard on yourself. We've all done that. Now are your such the data is gone? What application did you create the data file in? Are the files(s) still on you harddrive? Did u try using the Usb thumbdrive in another computer to see if you can read it.
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sorry using mobile phone w/o contact lens so go wasy on me
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Ah, Jones, at least you're laughing (I know, it's a fine line between the two!)
        With Techie on to it you'll be right in no time (and on mobile and without contact is 100 times more help than I could be )

Comment

Hang in Bridgey...calm and breathe...

Comment

This ain't no party this ain't no disco this ain't no foolin' around. What's the latest Bridge. What's going on?.

Comment

techie;1475890 wrote: This ain't no party this ain't no disco this ain't no foolin' around. What's the latest Bridge. What's going on?.
              Erm...right..
              Most files created in word. Tried to recover in Word. No go.

Shitty little thumb drive is telling me that I have to format it. Now I know damn well as soon as I click format, all hope of recovery is gone. Oui?

I mean it's a scandisk, not crap. Grrrrr.....

No assoc file on hard drive. Stuck the little bastard in 2 other computers...nuthen....*crying face*
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Sorry folks I had to nick off and drop the boy at one of his many engagements.

All good.
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Nice to see that big tongue...

Come on, lets work this one out....she said hopefully to the technical folk...

Comment

No don't format it. Have your instructure lookat it. So when u insert in USB port it asks about format. Is the port USB2 or USB3. Do not format. Your data could still possibly be on that thumbdrive . It could b USB compatability issue. I mean COULD!

Comment

If u vant ubderstand me tell me i'll try & get the hubcaps bk in my eyes & logon.

Comment

techie;1475895 wrote: No don't format it. Have your instructure lookat it. So when u insert in USB port it asks about format. Is the port USB2 or USB3. Do not format. Your data could still possibly be on that thumbdrive . It could b USB compatability issue. I mean COULD!
                        Instructor didn't have a clue:H

I'll try a few more ports and the boy's computer. Then I poke my own eyes out.
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening all,

3 questions :

Noicey, what's the outcome of your bloodtests? No worries if it's too personal. Hope all's ok.

Jonesy, how did you go?

Missy, What's Aus cricket captain Michael Clark's nickname?

All the best with the AD's for your daughter Bird. All i know about them is they can often take a couple of weeks to kick in, then you've got to keep tabs on things, and regular contact with doc if there are any worrying side effects and maybe make some adjustments. It can be tricky to find the best balance/dosage/med for a person, as everyone is different obviously. Many folk, once they find the balance/dosage/med, combined with healthy eating and some exercise, manage well, and lead full and happy lives. Good luck.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Jonesy, Won't your work still be on the computer you originally composed it on?

Thanks for the pics Blondie and Techie! Nelson's a beeewdy to be sure!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;1475913 wrote: Jonesy, Won't your work still be on the computer you originally composed it on?

Thanks for the pics Blondie and Techie! Nelson's a beeewdy to be sure!
                              Nope all gone.

Revenge will have to be a catch up event.

Ok I'm off to try and be interested. I'm up to singing the questions to myself to the tune of Taylor Swift songs.
                              " I knew you were trouble when you dumped data........"
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1475877 wrote: WORST
                                DAY
                                EVER

You know that 20-28 hours of work I put in on the weekend?

Well I didn't back it all up, shoved it into the computer at school on a USB drive and the computer fried it. It was due today:upset::upset::upset:

I will have to get an extension and re-do the ENTIRE EFFING LOT:upset:

Bridge I feel your pain. I've had that happen as well and it just sucks. In fact it happened to my MAsters thesis in the week before it was due. Thankfully an earlier version one could be recovered, but I've had other stuff lost completely. We now have hourly backups on our system at work, a clone at home, and a weekly off-site backup.

That feeling when you're totally buggered and have to start al over again is not much fun at all.

Guitarista;1475912 wrote:

Missy, What's Aus cricket captain Michael Clark's nickname?

G, I dont even know the NZ
                                captains name!!

I do know who Don Bradman is though

After having one exposure to Tony Abbott though (on TV not in person!) I was distinctly unimpressed.

I got lost in Sydney three times today. It involved walking quite a lot of extra kms. And I was wearing my "fist day at a new job" shoes. Needless to say my feet are extremely sore tonight and my bunions hurt.

Work was good though - I started to feel excited again
                                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
                                X