Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos and Friends - March

Yeah come on Laura...Where are you?
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

That reminds me. Just dug out my copy of Aboriginal myths and legends and it sure makes for some interesting and sometimes SCARY reading. In the book it describes an ancient temptress, a chanteuse if you will, who lived in the steamy volcanic hills of North east Malaysia. Ancient folklore has it that thousands of years ago, when Australia was joined to Asia, Popugundi, or 'Poppy' as the locals called her, would come down from the steamy ash laden hills into the villages in the middle of the night and call the men. A man was helpless in the face of this demon. Her lower lip would quiver, which local men found irresistible, and they would follow her up to the mouth of the volcano never to be seen again. They say her appearance was always preceded by a deathly, relentless non stop babble that would at first repel the men. But when her lower lip would begin to quiver, a man was like putty in her evil lava laden hands.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;1477002 wrote: That reminds me. Just dug out my copy of Aboriginal myths and legends and it sure makes for some interesting and sometimes SCARY reading. In the book it describes an ancient temptress, a chanteuse if you will, who lived in the steamy volcanic hills of North east Malaysia. Ancient folklore has it that thousands of years ago, when Australia was joined to Asia, Popugundi, or 'Poppy' as the locals called her, would come down from the steamy ash laden hills into the villages in the middle of the night and call the men. A man was helpless in the face of this demon. Her lower lip would quiver, which local men found irresistible, and they would follow her up to the mouth of the volcano never to be seen again. They say her appearance was always preceded by a deathly, relentless non stop babble that would at first repel the men. But when her lower lip would begin to quiver, a man was like putty in her evil lava laden hands.
        Christ you're full of shit sometimes:H

Night all......
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1476975 wrote: There are a LOT of phallic things in your current landscape you know. Just saying.
          Amazing what our brain tunes in to...
          Well it happened again. Another student lost all their data today from his USB
          I think there is a gremlin in the place.
          Did you get yours finished?
          Were the people at Adobe nice Blondie? Did you enjoy spending the day with them?Frustrating. Very. Ashamed to say I cut them off, but I was getting nowhere, except irritated! :H
          myhappyplace;1476976 wrote:
          phew!! no way...you're good Blondie...up to and over my neck in audit shit...coming up for air round about now...
          Auditee or Auditor? Either way, doesn't sound like much fun.

Wonder if Gardening Laura's written on her blog about meeting Mr G? this could be interesting...
          Won't be linking/mentioning a blog again :H
          Well, now I've multi-quoted, I should retire for the evening!

Hi Mr G. I reckon take all the extra study you can when you've got such a supportive employer. Get some sorta research grant studying the beach fauna

Comment

Today we did Existentialism.

Zorsted.

Throbs to anyone needing such.

Comment

Guitarista;1477002 wrote: ... Her lower lip would quiver, which local men found irresistible, and they would follow her up to the mouth of the volcano never to be seen again. They say her appearance was always preceded by a deathly, relentless non stop babble that would at first repel the men. But when her lower lip would begin to quiver, a man was like putty in her evil lava laden hands.
              Oh FFS ... is this where all that popcorn/lower lip shit started?

Comment

tawnyfrog;1477018 wrote: Today we did Existentialism.

Zorsted.

Throbs to anyone needing such.
                Sounds like a great experience for the both of you. Excellent Tawn !
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

POPPY...I damn neared died in spasms of laughter this morning while almost taking out a bicuspid on my cabinet door :H

A scary this morning after all the feel good chemicals. Took my bike into Ironwood Wash a five miles stretch of bliss. Well, I stop to take some water and reset my gps. I notice a few bees making tracks toward me. I tore out of there but was chased a bit by a swarm. PHEW. Just so you know all the bees here are Africanized (killer bees) I think the rule of thumb is 7 stings per lb of body weight...YOU'RE DEAD! Oh yeah, you can recognize them right away. They wear plates in the stingers :H It was NOT so funny hours ago, believe me.

Emma and I will be off on our hike at 6PM this evening. I'll do my best to take a few photos. My good friend (she's gorgeous too) Viola will be with us. She is an excellent hiker/climber and former world class skier. I'm so lucky.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Oh Missy I hope you can give us lots more on your job and Oz experience !?

I'm waiting for the stories Rags???
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

tawnyfrog;1477019 wrote: Oh FFS ... is this where all that popcorn/lower lip shit started?
                    The parallels are uncanny to say the least.

Morning all,

Much cooler here this morning with a change appearing last night.

Have put in for a bit of weekend leave over easter and beyond. See if i can swing some weekday leave too.

Take care everyone, and have a safe, sober and magical one.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

x-post. G'day Techie!

Hope your mums doing ok.

Gardening Laura tells us bee's love wild mint, so i'm lucky i haven't been attacked!

Bike/hike sounds grouse. Warmest regards to Viola!

Comment

blondie;1477013 wrote:

Hi Mr G. I reckon take all the extra study you can when you've got such a supportive employer. Get some sorta research grant studying the beach fauna
                        Thanks Blondie. I suppose i am becoming somewhat of an authority.

Ashually. Speaking of grants. I may or may not apply for one for a project i am undertaking. Of course, i can get further advice re applications from work etc, but can i pose the question to youse?

Is there an existing general 'proforma' or standard format to apply for a grant from govt? Any thoughts anyone? Thanks.

Comment

Morning G! I have no idea but grab all opportunities with both hands!

I'm on the train ... Commuting. I'm gradually finding ways to use the time constructively - like catching up with undies!!
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Guitarista;1477215 wrote: Is there an existing general 'proforma' or standard format to apply for a grant from govt? Any thoughts anyone? Thanks.
                            You need a publication called the 'Australian Style Guide' which deals with such things right down to the text format and letter spacing

There's a special section on existentialism....
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

This might help a bit. I'd have a good look online if I were you. It's amazing what's out there from organisations that you might be able to adapt for your needs.

This is how I cheat on my assignments :H

Style manual - australia.gov.au

Writing Your Application - Grants Process Overview
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1477252 wrote: This might help a bit. I'd have a good look online if I were you. It's amazing what's out there from organisations that you might be able to adapt for your needs.

This is how I cheat on my assignments :H

Style manual - australia.gov.au

Writing Your Application - Grants Process Overview
                                What a woman :h

Comment

Working...
                                X