Underoos and Friends - March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said, you guys all seem so NICE. What's up with that? Where are the evil meanies people warn you about if you get online? I guess not here. Maybe they're all too busy tweeting rude things. Or that's what the press might lead one to believe....

Comment

Which brings me to a timely post on Laura's blog...zucchinni....and I'm off to Bunnings to buy a clean paintbrush to solve the problem of the non fruit producing plants...v happy...

Also for Blondie and Nicey...did you see David Gillespie has a new book, more scarey than the sugar one?

Is your cooking oil making you sick? | Sarah Wilson

And btw Blondie I have completed the IQS program and think I'm cured...its too boring to discuss at length but you cant tempt me with any slice, cake or block of Cadburys again...ever...at any time...

Comment

GardeningLaura;1477728 wrote: Like I said, you guys all seem so NICE. What's up with that? Where are the evil meanies people warn you about if you get online? I guess not here. Maybe they're all too busy tweeting rude things. Or that's what the press might lead one to believe....
        X-post Laura....I think they're there. It would depend on the forum, the conversation and the people. You just have to take the good with the bad or you'd never step out of your door, cyber or otherwise...

Comment

myhappyplace;1477730 wrote: Which brings me to a timely post on Laura's blog...zucchinni....and I'm off to Bunnings to buy a clean paintbrush to solve the problem of the non fruit producing plants...v happy...

Also for Blondie and Nicey...did you see David Gillespie has a new book, more scarey than the sugar one?

Is your cooking oil making you sick? | Sarah Wilson

And btw Blondie I have completed the IQS program and think I'm cured...its too boring to discuss at length but you cant tempt me with any slice, cake or block of Cadburys again...ever...at any time...
          Zucchinni? Can you get your mind out-of-the-gutter for once. Geesh!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

techie;1477733 wrote: Zucchinni? Can you get your mind out-of-the-gutter for once. Geesh!
            I was about to tell you how I had mastered the Half Moon pose but I will refrain now...maintaining dignified silence...

Comment

myhappyplace;1477738 wrote: I was about to tell you how I had mastered the Half Moon pose but I will refrain now...maintaining dignified silence...
              :upset::upset::upset:
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[quote]GardeningLaura;1477720 wrote: [QUOTE=techie;1477718]

Laura is someone who was notified by her blog that people here were referring to her blog. So she popped over to see who you were and say hi. Sorry, maybe that was inappropriate. My curiosity led me here and people seemed nice and chatty so I've hung around. Maybe it's time for me to go....
                GardeningLaura;1477720 wrote:
                Originally posted by techie View Post

Laura is someone who was notified by her blog that people here were referring to her blog. So she popped over to see who you were and say hi. Sorry, maybe that was inappropriate. My curiosity led me here and people seemed nice and chatty so I've hung around. Maybe it's time for me to go....
                Oh no Laura - don't go - you'll miss us - and we'll miss you!!

I get myself into all sorts of 'trouble' missing bits and pieces of 'stuff' via the this cyber comms thingy. I just didn't want to say something inappropriate....prolly have though! Ooops but with lotsa love :l:h

I'm chuffed to know you - seems you're one of US!!!

BTW - I'm growing mint in a pot to put in my soda water and lime....
                It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                Mother Theresa

Comment

Hi everyone,
                  Thank you for the welcome
                  I'm not surprised you stuck around Laura (beautiful name btw... That was my grandmothers name ) - it's very chatty and funny ... And friendly.

Byebyebridgetjones (may I call you Bridget or bridge for short?) - yeah I'm not surprised that you get conflicting reports aboutTokyo... It's that kind of place. For example I live pretty centrally, and am only a short train ride from a couple of busy stations - and yet my neighbourhood is like a little village. Lots of little streets and laneways, everyone rides bicycles and everyone knows everyone.
                  There is a big drinking culture here. Luckily there is very little violence associated with it, but it is not unusual to see very drunk people in the streets, especially in the entertainment districts. Alcohol is an ingrained part of many cultural festivals even.

Comment

Haps - I DID see that book and quickly replaced 'me oils'...... It is all getting a bit much and as usual, when I overload on trying to be 'good' I end up being so BAD it makes me sick...... What's wrong with me????? Why can i NOT do things in moderation????

Laura - I've been slapped TWICE by meanies on some threads and I didn't see it coming AND got quite a shock. I never understand when people are mean...... I was even stunned to think that people come here sloshed and post nasty stuff. I hope I'm doing ok and not offending anyone!

Does anyone know just how much I love Fridays.....:H
                    Mother Theresa

Comment

AND, because of my lack of ability to do things in moderation, I'd never be able to do a half moon thingy - for me it's ALL or nothing.....pic to follow.....JUST JOKIN.........:H
                      Mother Theresa

Comment

[quote]GardeningLaura;1477720 wrote:
                        Originally posted by techie View Post

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my love query Laura. One small barrier is the woman lives some distance from me. She also has a bit of ADHD going on, by her own admission, so maybe i could suggest we go for chamomile tea rather than coffee. hehe.

Thanks Missy, Bridge, Noicey and Techie for your kind words! :l:l:l

Laura, you may or may not have noticed that this site is for folks who have a serious problem with alcohol, which is probably why we don't see as much judgementalism here as may exist on other forums. People are less quick to judge around here, but of course we are human, so it does happen, just maybe less so, resulting in people being more open to diversity and difference. But we would be no more diverse than gardeners i'm tipping.

Stick around friend, and if you find that glass of chardonnay in the evenings after a hard days blog is becoming a bottle and it's impacting on your quality of life, we are here.

Great to see youse Blossoms and BHOG!

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

nicelife;1477750 wrote: AND, because of my lack of ability to do things in moderation, I'd never be able to do a half moon thingy - for me it's ALL or nothing.....pic to follow.....JUST JOKIN.........:H
                          Oh Nicey, Happs would probably like to make a half moon of my skull...YIKES!

Comment

techie;1477744 wrote: :upset::upset::upset:
                            Sorry, life interuptus...I really hate it when you cry...

Now, I was just about to point out that I dont do dignified silence very well....but I have mastered the art of procrastination too well...

Nicey, if you're thinking of baring both cheeks to the thread....dare ya!!

Comment

Oh Haps....pls don't dare me........
                              Mother Theresa

Comment

Well I'm getting ready to make shrimp scampi (Barefoot Contessa recipe) so I'll be baring an extra chin in a few hours. One of my favorite dishes...EVER!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X