X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos and Friends - March

Happy Monday my friends!!!

Hugs to everyone, and anyone.

What a weekend!! Who turned the temp up??? Seriously, I'm already feeling permanently hot so this heat is making me a wee bit antsy. I was in the pool both Saturday and Sunday. Only for a bee's dick, but I needed it!!!

Rels arrive on Wednesday.......

So, last Wed skip bin number 4 arrived and was due to be collected t.o.d.a.y. I got stuck into it and she was ready for haulage on Sat morning. El palacio is looking good! Many palm trees bit the dust and much dead foliage gone. Feels noice....

House jobs almost complete in prep for the visitors. It's bloody hard work having folks come and stay! Final whip through tonight and tomorrow night I bake!

Oscar is indeed a retired cadaver dog. He had his bath on Saturday in readiness for the visitors. Dharma needs her nails done but won't play nicely so my daughter (vet nurse) will take charge of that! Lilly the cat will not be impressed by the intruders, so we haven't mentioned it to her yet.

FH is all systems gooooo! He's pretty excited to have his family coming. He'll be parading around like King Farouk for sure. They are off to Sinny for the day on Thursday and the Show on Friday. He's taking time off work - I'm not.... I'm planning on avoiding all adventures with them, at all costs. I'm terribly busy and important here at work, and may just have to come to work a couple of times over the break!

It always scares the crap out of me when I have drinking thoughts. Probably because I've given in once before, and I know how quickly it drags you to the bottom of the cesspit!!!! I must admit I really struggled on Saturday... It stuns me when I read some of you saying you've had drinking thoughts. I see you all as such strong, together, smart people and me as someone not quite there yet! Mind you, I do think that about myself in many situations in life, but this drinking thing is something I see you all as having under total control. I say I'll never, ever, ever jeopardise my sober life EVER again, and I truly hope I don't. I would be gutted if I took that first sip.....it would be absolutely heartbreaking for me!!! So, strength to each one of us.....

Mr G (salute of course) - you're a gem for sure and it is an absolute pleasure getting to 'know' you! I have no advice or knowledge about becoming a parent as a single male, but I reckon if you just give yourself a good go, you'll find a gem of your very own and who knows what that r.e.l.a.t.i.o.n.s.h.i.p could bring. Just sayin' Go get her big fella. I reckon the world is YOUR oyster - YOU, just as you are!!!

I've got three v.urgent things on my desk..... Have I touched one of them? Nope......better get to it.

Hugs to you all and I hope life is treating you very well!!!

Love and love, Nicey!!
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

Comment

Hey Undies. Emma and I are totally wiped out. We did the 15.4 mile (28K about). We set foot on the Pemberton trail at 8:55am and finished at 2:45pm. It was looong. Will post a few photos. We did have a frightening experience at around the twelve miles mark when a huge rattlesnake attempted to strike us. It took us at least 15min to get our legs again.

I'll read back after I take a hot soak. So here we go....

Outside our front door 6:50am...

Emma at Trailhead...
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

bird,

Cute pic of your chicken. I am sorry he/she was hit by a car.

Comment

Jackrabbit...

Jackass...

Gorgeous...

Traffic...
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Techie - a.w.e.s.o.m.e........
            Mother Theresa

Comment

nicelife;1482655 wrote: Techie - a.w.e.s.o.m.e........
              Thanks Nicey. You know, I think most of us will continue to have those drinking thoughts. I believe its how we manage those feelings that is most critical. On normal weekends if they arise, I can usually gets past it by some form of activity. The bike, the pool, or anything that distracts from that nagging call to stupidity. However, couple a few extra stressors into said weekend, and I need DEFCON 4 type action. These are rare, few and far between thankfully, but I've come very very close to going to the dark side too. Generally, I do not use L-glut, kuduz, LSD, or any other form of alkie supplementation!

BTW, I think you're awesome Nicey!

Comment

Hey birdy...LOVE the bird. The Crocs too :l

Where the hell is that Frog. Wait till she sees the new hat I purchased. It will have her gang-gacking!

Bridget...IT update please?

Mr G keep your eye on the prize. I think good things will fall into place for you.

Now Happs. I think till the deck is installed I found a solution to get in/out of the house. The Lamp tweeted that he approved and loves the tempy plan...

Comment

Arvo all,

Birdy - I throb the Croc au Vin pic.

Techie - any rattlesnake pics? Aspy would be thrilled ...

Nicey - glad it's you and not me. My last visitation spanned over eight sleeps - six too many.

Gorgie weather here - back out to make the most of it.

Comment

Tawny - sleeps = 18............:upset:
                    Mother Theresa

Comment

tawnyfrog;1482663 wrote:

Techie - any rattlesnake pics? Aspy would be thrilled ...

Nicey - glad it's you and not me. My last visitation spanned over eight sleeps - six too many.
                      No snake pics Tawn. The one we came across was much too large and aggressive to get close to. This is a very active time of year for them.

BTW, I was planning on ten sleeps. I don't see a problem there. You Froggy? I know you mentioned nine in the invitation you sent. Of course I'll sleep with you. I don't want you having to do any more laundry then necessary. See ya Saturday :h

Comment

techie;1482668 wrote:

BTW, I was planning on ten sleeps. I don't see a problem there. You Froggy? I know you mentioned nine in the invitation you sent. Of course I'll sleep with you. I don't want you having to do any more laundry then necessary. See ya Saturday :h
                        Buddy - you're cruzin.......:H:H:H
                        Mother Theresa

Comment

Guitarista;1482565 wrote: Thanks Blossoms. And i bet your daughter is a beeewdy too, and lucky to have a gutsy, responsible mum.
                          Hmmm.... I'm clearing a path in her incredibly messy room right now and am up to my ears in pink and or fluffy useless crap !!! I might have to get back to you about the beeewdy bit

I guess she's redeemed by the science project junk that I am also cleaning up

I got really pissed off yesterday - I told the PILs that she got 100% on her science tests was interested in joining the science club and her grandfather said that girls don't/can't do science. Boy did I set him straight!! She's already taken on far too much of the girl/ boy role crap .... And I am not going to have him turn her away from something she loves... And is good at!!!

Comment

Blossoms-
                            Sounds like Grandfather grew up in a different era! boy do I know that line well. But, the Daughter will do what she intends to, and if it is science, go for it.
                            What was her name, oh, Marie Curie. Ak Gramps if he ever had an x-ray. Nobel Prize in Physics, "in recognition of the extraordinary services they have rendered by their joint researches on the radiation phenomena discovered by Professor Henri Becquerel."
                            Just a thought.
                            BHOG
                            BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Hiya Baldy,

Would you mind telling your fellow countryman to bugger off and stop driving me bonkers?

He might understand you better.

Comment

Which one of my countrymen is bothering my favorite frog?
                                BHOG
                                (dialing 1-800- Marine strike force)
                                BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Working...
                                X