Underoos and Friends - March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tawnyfrog;1483911 wrote: Academic question for those in the know.

If I'm employing a tradie on a $per hour basis, are travelling time, lunch breaks and pack-up time part of the per hour deal?
    The Lamp reckons No, No and Yes in that order. Unless he's dumping stuff to the tip in which case travel time yes. Not sure if thats legal but I think its fair?

Comment

Oh here Frog. I'll do it for free...

[img] [/img]
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

The Inscrutable Wong - Master of the Yantra Matcat.

Comment

Oh here Frog. I'll do it for free...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIyO15ZN7T8[/video]]James Taylor Handy Man - YouTube

Nite again !
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I'll see your James and raise you an Alberta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmFtwwCOmmo[/video]]Alberta Hunter My Handy Man - YouTube

Comment

tawnyfrog;1483911 wrote: Academic question for those in the know.

If I'm employing a tradie on a $per hour basis, are travelling time, lunch breaks and pack-up time part of the per hour deal?
              Personally I only employ on a get-the-job-done basis, and not by the hour. For exactly the reasons that I think you're alluding to
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1483930 wrote: Personally I only employ on a get-the-job-done basis, and not by the hour. For exactly the reasons that I think you're alluding to
                Yes, the Lamp has just wandered back in from the vegies and said, tell Tawny if the tradie is packing up having a natter and doing stuff all, thats not on. He thought packing up meant cleaning up.

My boy makes a good casserole. Like, really good. :h

Comment

TF I don't know the details of the law here but I think that the situation is almost identical to NZ. Strictly speaking you are not 'employing' him but purchasing his services. What he includes in his hourly rate will largely be a matter of industry custom a d practice and possibly what he thinks he can get away with. I don't think you should be shy about asking him to be explicit about how he treats those activities in relation to his charges and also to give you an estimate of how many hours he expects the job to take. To cement things in even more tell him that you expect him to work on a ' no surprises' basis and to come back to you if he thinks that his estimated hours are going to be exceeded by more than 10%

At the airport after a hot and humid day in Sydney in which i had to race around a lot - and ive got a B seat:-( I hope I don't smell:H:H Just lathered myself with perfume at duty free
                  Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss Behaving;1483935 wrote:
                    At the airport after a hot and humid day in Sydney in which i had to race around a lot - and ive got a B seat:-( I hope I don't smell:H:H Just lathered myself with perfume at duty free
                    Was discussing this predicament with someone today...apparently if you think you smell, you dont...or something like that...have a safe trip Missy.

Going to pop out and get the big locust to work and then the Lamp is going to take me to - BUNNINGS! for my Easter present...although he says hes buying screws...

Comment

techie;1483918 wrote:

Wendy update???
                      G'day all,

Hey Frog. This info might be overkill, but could be handy too. Independent contractor hotine ph. # on pp. 1. (My thoughts are...likely not paid for lunch break, but a paid 10 min. break every 4 hrs is not uncommon)

http://www.business.gov.au/BusinessT...alhandbook.pdf

Soothe that ass Techie!

Well, since you asked about Wendy. Today I had a late lunch and ordered a couple of rolls. She asked with a note of concern but anticipatory relish if i'd like them toasted? I replied yes please. After a longer than usual waiting time, Wendy arrived at my table with just one of the rolls. I dug in presuming the 2nd one would appear after i'd finished the first. I soon noticed a sweet, burning smell, sweet because of the combined smell of Jasmine in a vase, burnt roll, and Wendy. It was a heady mix to be sure, and I couldn't help but nod appreciatively in awe, as Wendy arrived with a freshly made roll, saying softly with a chuckle......'I made a mistake with the other one' :h

A maaarvellous evening to everyone. Long weekend.....yeaah!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Woo Woo....having a roll with Wendy....:h

OK. I am off for the Easter sleep in of my life....so much better than going to bed shitfaced and losing the whole weekend....
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1484023 wrote: Woo Woo....having a roll with Wendy....:h

OK. I am off for the Easter sleep in of my life....so much better than going to bed shitfaced and losing the whole weekend....
                          Right on Jonesy Momma!

How did you know Wendy's surname?

Noight all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;1484024 wrote: Right on Jonesy Momma!

How did you know Wendy's surname?

Noight all.
                            :H:H:H:H

Comment

Hey there Undies. Actually I may go without undies today. Don't get so excited Tawny. I'm not takin' your little coven here, I mean undies. Y fronts, tighty whities, well you get the picture. Geesh, she'll do anything to get rid of me. Anywho, Feeling good today. A tad sore. When I got up the morning the bed sheet came with me :H Here is the best part. Viola has an aloe leaf and asked me to come over later. There is definitely some synchronicity here Mr. G don't you think. How else can one explain it. Burnt roll...burnt buns...or the ass/arse continuum thingo!?

Alrighty then....take it away Roos...

Comment

Ok, southern citizens!
                                Not much to tell here. Had the graddaughters over last night, fun as always. EAster dinner at some friends on Sunday. No AL for BHOG. i have to prepare appitizers. I was wondering, is this a good time of year for frog legs?
                                just askin'
                                BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Working...
                                X