need support right now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all! Well I wanted to post and say how I was feeling at the moment and get some support. I fell off the wagon Sunday (not too bad) but feel real guilty about it. I have maintained sobriety since....although today that little voice is calling for a date after work. Its that "planning committee"! What do you tell yourself mentally to get over this hump and keep moving to that positive place? I am taking Kudzu and l-glut, trying to eat right and just doing positive things and this is happening! Its not even Friday yet! How sad is that! Any mental suggestions to divert my thinking??

I am not sure what your goals are but it sounds like you are striving for AF. I am moderating and I just remind myself of how I do not want to feel the next morning and redirect myself to other activities. That seems to work the best. I got so tired of feeling like crap in the morning and that became a huge motivator. I wish you the best!
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I usually try my hardest to drown out that voice. As soon as the thought/voice starts I automatically focus on something else or get busy. Because once I start analylizing & thinking, the more the craving and the more the brain get consumed with thoughts of drinking. So thought enters, I ignore it, think or do something else, times passes, craving passes. I would never sit & think about the craving b/c eventually I'd either give in or justify it. So I'd use that energy to do something useful instead.
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Shitzulover, are you taking enough L-GLut? studies show you may have to take 12 or more grams (not MG) per day to get the desired effect and it won't hurt to try as it's harmless and sure beats the heck out of over-drinking. I'd take it in three parts during the day. I'm not a doctor, just reading a lot. good luck and let us know how you feel.
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi S.L......! Sounds like you are going for abs...is this the case?? I can only suggest what I have found helpful, but hopefully some of it may click with you.
          I too found it helpful to remind myself how I did NOT want to feel in the morning...I did NOT want ...
          shame
          sickness
          embarrasment
          sense of failure
          addition to health problems

I also do not let myself focus on the 'wanting' of a drink...I FILL the head, at every spare moment, with thoughts of the harm alcohol does to my body and my life...I do this on the bus, in bed, in the booze aisle of the supermarket...I really want my subconscious to get the message that booze is POISIN to me...not something to grieve for...there are no 'good times' to remember only a downward spiralling life
          I also...and I know this sounds horrible, but I have to get this thing into my head....actively look out for quite 'obvious' drinkers wherever I go.....I know that you can't always spot a problem drinker, but i seek those with obvious physical signs...big guts..poor circulation marks, swollen bloaty faces, broken veins....I do this because that is what I LOOKED like in my drinking days, and I want to remind myself how far I've come, and how much better I look as well as feel......please understand, this isn't a 'holier than thou' thing...I'm sorry if this comes across as tasteless, that isn't how it is meant...
          I also read as many books as I can by ex alcoholics to remind myself that this CAN be done

And finally.....I come here.....and read and post.....the 'plugging in' routine constantly keeps me in touch with what I am doing and makes it real.....

Hope some of this helps
          Stay strong Shitzulover
          Weemelon xx

Comment

thank again.... you guys for the help. I ordered CD's and they should come today sometime. I also purchased last night two books to help me. One is understanding the 12 step program. So at least I did NOT give in yesterday....just read and made dinner!
            your all so helpful...and a blessing to me.

Comment

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news S.L:h keep going..........get yourself a library the size of Brazil, and make your family 14 dinners a day.....wotever it takes eh?????? tee hee!

Nice to see your sober head...it's a beauty!!

Comment

read, read read! Not only about this issue, get yourself some fun fiction - or stack up on DVDs you have been meaning to see for ages and have not got around to - that way you are doing something for yourself. treat yourself - get a facial, massage, whatever you like - this is a hard road, be kind to yourself and give something back to yourself as a reward!

Cashy
                xx
                "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                X