Army Thread, Monday 5th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mollyka;1472527 wrote: I feckin HATED when people told me I needed a PLAN - I'm just not a 'plan' person -- but yeah, I s'pose as simple as
    #1 - do I really want to do this? If the answer is yes go to #2
    #2 - When do I start? -
    #3 - Do I need to taper or can I go cold turkey?
    #1 - imo is the most important - it's a different thing knowing what we SHOULD do - and what we WANT to do - when we really really want to do it it just gets easy. So yeah - more motivation than determination is needed from reading your post I think -- it's sucking the life out of you Reccie - literally - mebbe start with that?
    Don't be worrying about Ireland - you can do your best - no one expects anything of anyone - just to turn up and be sober at the meet-ups - after that it's your business. I remember one of the earlier meet-ups I had an overwhelming urge to buy booze on the way home from it - luckily it was late and the offie's were all closed - I reckon I'd have gone and bought it if they weren't - mad really

Pretty much the same I'd say to you Questy as I said to Reccie - I think Arsey realising that his liver was in some way compromised was an eye-opener to him -- I know it was a biggie for me - just get whatever motivation going -- potentially losing my marriage gave me a kick start for sure!!
    Now must away and get ready for work - 'work' could be harmless yet again today!!
    Laters all xxxxx
    I think you've put your finger on it there molly with the motivation versus determination thing. It's a bit of both. Right now I do feel motivated, but the motivation tends to wane as the day wears on.

Comment

Thanks molly and jackie. I'll start today. Have a good day at work molls.

Comment

Recluse;1472519 wrote: Things are fine today, thanks molly, apart from the cold, but I had a pretty horrendous weekend with the bottle and I just can't carry on like this. I've never really made a proper plan for stopping drinking, but I think it's time I did cos this poison is slowly killing me. No need to waste your breath on me cos I know what I have to do, it's just finding the determination to do it that's the issue. Bit worried about how I'll cope with 3 nights in Ireland, I can see myself having problems.

Edit: Hi foxy
        Was reading back - had to stop here to give Mr Bear a :l
        Let us know what we can do ?
        I'm still a Newbie ( relative) but can give support if needed

Comment

Recluse;1472553 wrote: Thanks molly and jackie. I'll start today. Have a good day at work molls.
          Reccie those two are bloody wonderful.

I really hope this works for you as the alternative is to awful to contemplate:upset:

You have to do this for you, it does get easier honestly:l

Comment

satz123;1472555 wrote: Was reading back - had to stop here to give Mr Bear a :l
            xpost Satz I echo your sentiments. Fabulous 5k my running friend!:goodjob:

Comment

Anon..if youre there..here ya go

On a passenger flight, the pilot comes over the public address system as usual and to greet the passengers. He tells them at what altitude they?ll be flying, the expected arrival time, and a bit about the weather, and advises them to relax and have a good flight.. Then, forgetting to turn off the microphone, he says to his co-pilot, ?What would relax me right now is a cup of coffee and a blowjob.? All the passengers hear it. As a stewardess immediately begins to run toward the cockpit to tell the pilot of his slip-up, one of the passengers stops her and says ?Don?t forget the coffee!?

A guy shows up late for work. The boss yells ?You should have been here at 8:30!? he replies: ?Why? What happened at 8:30??

Three kids come down to the kitchen and sit around the breakfast table. The mother asks the oldest boy what he?d like to eat. ?I?ll have some f*ckin? French toast,? he says. The mother is outraged at his language, hits him, and sends him upstairs. She asks the middle child what he wants. ?Well, I guess that leaves more f*ckin? French toast for me,? he says. She is livid, smacks him, and sends him away. Finally she asks the youngest son what he wants for breakfast. ?I don?t know,? he says meekly, ?but I definitely don?t want the f*ckin? French toast.?

John woke up after the annual office new year party with a pounding headache, cotton-mouthed and utterly unable to recall the events of the preceding evening. After a trip to the bathroom, he made his way downstairs, where his wife put some coffee in front of him.
              ?Louise,? he moaned, ?tell me what happened last night. Was it as bad as I think??
              ?Even worse,? she said, her voice oozing scorn. ?You made a complete ass of yourself. You succeeded in antagonizing the entire board of directors, and you insulted the president of the company, right to his face.?
              ?He?s an idiot,? John said. ?Piss on him.?
              ?You did?, came the reply. ?And he fired you.?
              ?Well, screw him!? said John.
              ?I did. You?re back to work on Monday.?

A language instructor was explaining to her class that French nouns, unlike their English counterparts, are grammatically designated as masculine or feminine.
              Things like ?chalk? or ?pencil,? she described, would have a gender association although in English these words were neutral. Puzzled, one student raised his hand and asked, ?What gender is a computer??
              The teacher wasn?t certain which it was,and so divided the class into two groups and asked them to decide if a computer should be masculine or feminine. One group was comprised of the women in the class, and the other, of men. Both groups were asked to give four reasons for their recommendation.
              The group of women concluded that computers should be referred to in masculine gender because:
              1. In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.
              2. They have a lot of data but are still clueless.
              3. They are supposed to help you solve your problems, but half the time they ARE the problem.
              4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that, if you had waited a little longer, you could have had a better model.
              The men, on the other hand, decided that computers should definitely be referred to in the feminine gender because:
              1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic.
              2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
              3. Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later retrieval.
              4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

quite pleased wi meslf..did all that on the fone
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

anon;1472558 wrote: xpost Satz I echo your sentiments. Fabulous 5k my running friend!:goodjob:
                  It was actually 39.20 mins
                  Have a photo - I'll email to you ?
                  What is your mail address again - can't find it :upset:
                  Don't go selling it to the papers now y'hear. My agent will sue :H:H

Comment

hello all, had a crap and a bit extra of a week last week culminating in my car engine exploding when it was been serviced, so as im well aware that shit happens it appears that my life has dysentery!!!

However this week is going to be a better week, positives on having no car is,I have to walk everywhere!! Might loose a few lbs.
                    Questy......good luck with the interview!

Comment

satz123;1472555 wrote: Was reading back - had to stop here to give Mr Bear a :l
                      anon;1472557 wrote:
                      Reccie those two are bloody wonderful.

I really hope this works for you as the alternative is to awful to contemplate:upset:

You have to do this for you, it does get easier honestly:l
                      Thanks satzy and whizzy and yep, they are bloody wonderful whizzy!

Hi mick, thanks for the laughs. :H:H

Comment

Good afternoon Army; sneaking back in.....
                        Quest and Recluse, you're not alone in struggling.....we'll get there....
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

limers;1472568 wrote: hello all, had a crap and a bit extra of a week last week culminating in my car engine exploding when it was been serviced, so as im well aware that shit happens it appears that my life has dysentery!!!

However this week is going to be a better week, positives on having no car is,I have to walk everywhere!! Might loose a few lbs.
                          Questy......good luck with the interview!
                          Oh blimey. Sorry to hear that limers. You really are having a rotten time. :l Hope things start getting better for you soon.

Edit: Hi daisy

Comment

daisy45;1472572 wrote: Good afternoon Army; sneaking back in.....
                            Quest and Recluse, you're not alone in struggling.....we'll get there....
                            :l Daisy - it's good to know we are not alone :l
                            Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Quest for the key;1472586 wrote: :l Daisy - it's good to know we are not alone :l
                              :hug:Group hug all the wounded soldiers in the Army :hug:

Comment

JackieClaire;1472528 wrote: OMG I can't believe we posted more or less the same thing at the very same time Molls. This is getting weird.
                                Amazing minds think alike! :h
                                February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Working...
                                X