Army Thread, Monday 5th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RunningCourage;1472648 wrote: :H:H:H Three at once!
    Like buses.

Very sleek and highly fashionable buses (phew did I get away with that)
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening army. Stayed in all day here and did nothing much. Its quite cold again. I have two old friends in hospital one from drink related stuff and the other is in a hospice and only has weeks to from ovarian cancer that has spread. i haven't this girl in years and was sad to hear of this. She's only 50 r 51 so i'll go to visit her during the week and the first girl tomorrow. She's in her mid 40's and not working but most days she was drinking 2 to 3 bottles of wine all day. And she has done more damage to herself they are testing her for kidney damage and blood problems. This drink is such a curse i have lost a few peeps i know quite to this diesese. I am determined it won't get me again i'm sick of it. So its another week and odat. Thinking of you Reccie questy and Limers i hope you find your way. :l

Comment

Hellllooooo Satz!!! SO glad to be back. Wonderful to see you !!
        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

:H
          RunningCourage;1472650 wrote: Yo Waggie. Right, I always ask this questio and it is because I am a nosey wee bugger, but can you tell me what made you lapse after 11months sober? I'm at 3 months and I've never been sober this long, but i reckon it will only take a milisecond to turn all that around and be on the road to oblivion again... it's kinda scary when you think about it... Anyways, I am curious as to what it was that took you off the wagon and was it a straight-back-to-where-i-was before situation, or was it more gradual - one drink here, one drink there, three months later all drinks everywhere? PM me if you prefer.
          After I almost lost my sister months ago, things in my brain just changed for a while. I was depressed and well, actually I don't know what happened. I was happy that she was alive, but it made me look at my life and mostly my marriage. My marriage is not so great - wonderful person, and amazing daddy, but no communication or any kind of attention or affection ever. I get the love and attention from my kids. He won't go to counselling and I have begged him. DOesn't see a problem, so I decided to have a few to take the depression edge off and you all know where that leads. :upset: My head is clearer now thankfully, and have decided to concentrate on fixing me. Getting back to the no drinking mindset permanently, starting to exercise to get rid of some of the pent up anger, then go from there. And I did NOT mean that having a plan was a bunch of hooey - for me it is aggravating because unfortunately people have had to ask me so many damn times!! Doh!!! And you are not nosey - you are a friend! :h
          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Wagoneer;1472660 wrote: :H

After I almost lost my sister months ago, things in my brain just changed for a while. I was depressed and well, actually I don't know what happened. I was happy that she was alive, but it made me look at my life and mostly my marriage. My marriage is not so great - wonderful person, and amazing daddy, but no communication or any kind of attention or affection ever. I get the love and attention from my kids. He won't go to counselling and I have begged him. DOesn't see a problem, so I decided to have a few to take the depression edge off and you all know where that leads. :upset: My head is clearer now thankfully, and have decided to concentrate on fixing me. Getting back to the no drinking mindset permanently, starting to exercise to get rid of some of the pent up anger, then go from there. And I did NOT mean that having a plan was a bunch of hooey - for me it is aggravating because unfortunately people have had to ask me so many damn times!! Doh!!! And you are not nosey - you are a friend! :h
            Thank you Waggie. Wow... that is a lot to handle, nearly losing your sis and the marriage issues... thank you for sharing. I suppose that although i say and think (hope?) i've broken the back of the habit, I'm just all to aware of how easy it could be if, say some life circumstance comes about, to fall into a bar, or a lift a bottle from the wine aisle...too easy. Just have to keep reminding myself what a scourge the bottles of wine could unleash!... I am so glad that you are making you number one priority... everything has to be better when YOU are better and stronger. And it is lovely to be getting to know you too

Comment

hugs to all
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Well, completely fucked the interview up.

That is all.

Apart from hope yiz are all well
                Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

RunningCourage;1472662 wrote: Thank you Waggie. Wow... that is a lot to handle, nearly losing your sis and the marriage issues... thank you for sharing. I suppose that although i say and think (hope?) i've broken the back of the habit, I'm just all to aware of how easy it could be if, say some life circumstance comes about, to fall into a bar, or a lift a bottle from the wine aisle...too easy. Just have to keep reminding myself what a scourge the bottles of wine could unleash!... I am so glad that you are making you number one priority... everything has to be better when YOU are better and stronger. And it is lovely to be getting to know you too
                  Really sorry about your sister Waggy :l
                  Yep - I can relate to the husband thing - no communication etc !
                  Some will say - fecks sake she got roses etc for Valentines but that's surface 'stuff' - so maybe that's I too why I 'rewarded' myself with a drink ! Oh dear !

Yo RC ! You old charmer you :wavin:

Comment

PS
                    I have to say though - my change in temperament seems to be rubbing off on Mr S
                    We don't seem to fight at all now - I am just a nicer person AF I think and defuse situations by just laughing at him & he joins in !

Comment

Well done on reaching 3 months rc its a long time since i got that far. You certainly did go tru a lot waggy but you sound determined this time. Questy i'm sure the interview wasn't that bad at least you went and did your best. Hi to Satz and the rest. I would love to have a partner but too hard to meet anyone decent when you get older and most guys round my age don't want committed relationships. Sometimers i don't mind being on my own and other times its tough but i don't bother searching any more like internet dating sites which never worked for me anyway. Just a night of watching tv and reading. :television:

Comment

RunningCourage;1472647 wrote: Evening all,

How goes?

Wow - dem 2 (JC n Molls... like the Morecomb and Wise of the Army, maybe? Or more Cagney and Lacy?!) anyways, great advice going there. Reccie, I hope you find a way that works for you mate.

I'm absolutely knackered and I've done bugger all today other than teaching. Humph. Ach well.. off for a gander round the boards and them maybe slouch for the rest of the evening... would study but eyes keep closing and brain not in gear.
                        Me too knackered RC - I am a bit behind you in the af stakes but is this still the body clearing out do you think ??

Comment

Firefox;1472667 wrote: Well done on reaching 3 months rc its a long time since i got that far. You certainly did go tru a lot waggy but you sound determined this time. Questy i'm sure the interview wasn't that bad at least you went and did your best. Hi to Satz and the rest. I would love to have a partner but too hard to meet anyone decent when you get older and most guys round my age don't want committed relationships. Sometimers i don't mind being on my own and other times its tough but i don't bother searching any more like internet dating sites which never worked for me anyway. Just a night of watching tv and reading. :television:
                          Ah sure Foxy Loxey - Me & Mr S - what can I say - we still lead separate lives a lot. I've grown to accept that. Like he's in watching his sport & me on here and watching Great British Menu.
                          We are more like room mates now - there I've said it - but I'm ok with that & I think he is too
                          35 year long friends :H I'm sure you have lotsa good friends ?

Comment

As long you're comfortable with each other and being good friends after 35 years of marraige is good and as you say you're getting on a bit better. I have a few good friends not a lot but i don't always get to see anyone regularly but keep in touch by txt pone and fb.

Comment

Quest for the key;1472664 wrote: Well, completely fucked the interview up.

That is all.

Apart from hope yiz are all well
                              Yer didn't Questydrawers ?- how yer know that ????

Comment

satz123;1472676 wrote: Yer didn't Questydrawers ?- how yer know that ????
                                I just know :upset:

Car crash of an interview - well more of an ambush really - made me question wtf am I doing in this industry ? Fed up.com
                                Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Working...
                                X