Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Tuesday 5th March

Don't panic!!!!!

The big meeting is Saturday 6th April but it'll be a damned shame to miss Sunday.

Now then you've already booked the time off, you're tickets are booked, hotel booked. Put it this way if you were going a big hollingday would you change all your arrangements at your expense. I'd be inclined to say leave the minutes of the meeting on me desk.

Right I must away off to see Mr :h the dentist.

Yooo hooo Waggers, we'll have a nice natter about One Direction when me toofers are all nice and squeaky clean.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm going home late sun afternoon after.Dublin. I have to get back for the kids....still worth it imo
      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

RunningCourage;1472932 wrote: FECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gawd... right... so work is asking me to be there for an important meeting on Monday April 8th... which as it stands I am flying back from Dublin that day.

Bloody hell. I have only just requested my Annual Leave - including this day off, and now they come and say, ehm... can you NOT work this day - it's not a school day, so you wont be at your posh skool (my freelance job)...

So, sure if i had thought in advance I maybe could have said that this was my day off... and then they'd have been buggered without me...

but now i'm thinking, maybe i just change the dates of the flight (and pay the extra) cos it IS an important meeting and to not be there wouldn't look THAT great on my part. I feel I am already slipping in the organisation. My mojo isn't there as it once was... this would just hadd grist to the mill of my superiors that "Arsey aint pulling his weight for us..."

So... only flight I could afford to change to would leave at 6.30am on the 7th... Just wondering what the plans were for the meet... this is proving now a wee stress for me :stomper: :upset: ... but you gotta :H yeah?

Feck....
        Problem would be getting to the airport for that flight! Where are you staying? I am at the metro at the airport would that be any use?

Comment

RunningCourage;1472932 wrote: FECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gawd... right... so work is asking me to be there for an important meeting on Monday April 8th... which as it stands I am flying back from Dublin that day.

Bloody hell. I have only just requested my Annual Leave - including this day off, and now they come and say, ehm... can you NOT work this day - it's not a school day, so you wont be at your posh skool (my freelance job)...

So, sure if i had thought in advance I maybe could have said that this was my day off... and then they'd have been buggered without me...

but now i'm thinking, maybe i just change the dates of the flight (and pay the extra) cos it IS an important meeting and to not be there wouldn't look THAT great on my part. I feel I am already slipping in the organisation. My mojo isn't there as it once was... this would just hadd grist to the mill of my superiors that "Arsey aint pulling his weight for us..."

So... only flight I could afford to change to would leave at 6.30am on the 7th... Just wondering what the plans were for the meet... this is proving now a wee stress for me :stomper: :upset: ... but you gotta :H yeah?

Feck....
          They'd be paying for any costs associated with changing my plans, that's for sure. I would ask them and then you can grab a later flight.
          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Oh, and GOOD MORNING!!
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Wagoneer;1472920 wrote: Hellooooo all! Will ready back later today. Today is one week for me and I feel great. Thanks for all your support and welcoming me back. I posted last night for my phone, but something went wonky and it deleted! That was how my whole day went. HORRIFIC. Being in publishing is really ridiculous. People are crazier that me. (I know, scary, right?) When I got home my eldest had cooked dinner and dessert - and we all sa at the table TOGETHER. It was wonderful. Really changed my mood! Then C (my middle daughter) came to be so upset saying her best friend's mother (my good friend) had sold their One Direction concert tickets because she was offered a good price. These girls have been looking forward to this for over a year - my daughter had a "counttdown to 1D" calendar in her room! She said that they needed the money, which is fine, I undrstand, but she actually gave her daughter the money to "go shopping". WTH? I felt so sad for C. But this is my friend who also has a drinking problem but won't do anything aboutit except say "Yeah, I need to stop". It is sad, because I remember making poor decisions under the influence and regretting it later. I know she will too. "There but by the Grace of God" go I, right? Oh well, I am learning to let go of things and people I have no control of and concentrate of the things that matter. This was a good learning experience, but I still am sad for my sweet daughter. Anyway, sorry to ramble. Off to get ready for work.
              Oh I hate it when that happens to my children or grandchildren. I am taking my 10 year old grandaughter to see One Direction and I know how much it means to the kids. (I am dreading it)
              Thinking of you:h

Comment

Siren136;1472945 wrote: Oh, and GOOD MORNING!!
                GOOD MORNING Siren:welcome:

Comment

ECHO echo

Comment

How do everyone! :wavin: HELLO from Skiverville !
                    RC change the flights - it's all about perception - your job is important ( at the moment anyhoo)

Comment

Well what the feckity feck's going on here. Not a single post since lunchtime.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Howdy guys, I got my extension, its due in on the 14th now and the tutoe said she never recieved my draft when i emailed it on thursday, so remailed it and shes gonna let me know if she gets it
                        I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Most excellent, Pinkles.

Would have been back sooner but Black Bess just puked all over the kitchen..........charming.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1473021 wrote: Well what the feckity feck's going on here. Not a single post since lunchtime.
                            Arra JC I gave up & closed Skiverville !

Comment

littlepinkcat;1473024 wrote: Howdy guys, I got my extension, its due in on the 14th now and the tutoe said she never recieved my draft when i emailed it on thursday, so remailed it and shes gonna let me know if she gets it
                              Ya smell a rat Pinkypoo ?:H

Comment

Roight ! Where the feck is :
                                Mr T
                                KTAB
                                RECCIE ????? Come on out lads :sofa:

I think this is the first time since I started posting in January 2012 that Mr T was not there
                                :upset:
                                Reccie is not far behind :upset:

Comment

Working...
                                X