Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Friday 8th March

Gooooooooooood morning, folksies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLGciG2a1I8[/video]]Love & Kisses 1978 Thank God It's Friday - YouTube

TGIF indeed. It's a rainy day here at the southern tip of Africa, but it'll be warming up again from tomorrow.

Mom and I are going to dinner with a friend of hers tonight. The friend's two daughters going with as well, so it'll be case of reminiscing about our childhoods. I often stayed with them while my parents were away. We're also having a dinner party tomorrow night. I must still decide what'll be on the menu. I'll probably go for roast leg of lamb or summat. And on Sunday I'm off to Johannesburg for three days. I must admit that I'll be enjoying the break. I think I'll skip the "Drink Up" party on Monday night, though.

Have a lekker Friday, everyone!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Marnin' Tipperoo! I'd defo go for the lamb. The lamb here is not of the same quality as you and the UK peeps have. When I go home in June I'm making seafood and lamb a darn priority on the first stock-up!

What is the dealio on the three days in Jo'Burg? Is it a work thing?

Comment

Tips!!!!
      Why not come through to Pretoria Monday night!!! I would love to meet you? That way you miss the "drink-up"!
      Sol xx

Comment

Morning Zennie & Sol

Zennie: I'm attending a conference in Joburg.

Sol: I must admit to being a wimp when it comes to Joburg travel. I've booked a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I no longer hire a car when I go there :new:
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I have stories to tell but not sure where to start. Been bedlam around here this week. You know how I'm doing the "service aka pay it forward" thing? Well, one of the girls relapsed and I got her off the streets and into a motel (paid by us of course) and she hasn't even bothered to check in on her cell phone since. ( I know she was using but, well, kind of not cool at all. I am extremely loathe to say this but an alkie and an addict are two different things. The main difference is an alkie is more honest. And that is THAT. If anyone wishes to challenge my statement so be it. If you'd asked me before rehab I would have said we were all the same.

Ach, anyway.... needed a vent! :new:

Comment

Hiya Sol! Do you live close-by Tipps then? I've been to Kenya but never made it to South Africa... one of those days I want to see Cape Town and Jo'burg...

Comment

Tip, you could hop on the Gautrain, and I could get you from Hatfield station....
              It is an experience!!

Comment

Go on Tipps! An adventure....... :l

Comment

Well, maybe not then!

Comment

OK... he's going to keel me when he finally reads it... lol

I need to learn to keep my trap zipped methinks. All the talking we do in therapy has left me running my gob overtime.

Nighty night folksies. I'll catch youz on the flip side... )

Comment

Solitaire;1474427 wrote: Tip, you could hop on the Gautrain, and I could get you from Hatfield station....
                      It is an experience!!
                      Lemme think about it - and thanks for the PM :l

Zenstyle;1474429 wrote: Go on Tipps! An adventure....... :l

Zenstyle;1474431 wrote:
                      OK... he's going to keel me when he finally reads it... lol

I need to learn to keep my trap zipped methinks. All the talking we do in therapy has left me running my gob overtime.

Nighty night folksies. I'll catch youz on the flip side... )
                      You have NEVER been able to keep your trap shut. Therapy has just made it more noticeable :H:H:H
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1474433 wrote:
                        You have NEVER been able to keep your trap shut. Therapy has just made it more noticeable :H:H:H
                        Fecker! I resemble that remark! :H

Yep, I'm getting back to being my old vocal self. And it sure beats the alternative!!!

Wasn't I going to bed? Where are my glasses? And thank fook my teeth are attached, that would be difficult if the glasses are anything to go by...

Comment

Good morning all and happy friday :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hiya Marioman! Are you just back from holliers or was it summat else that had you over in Spain?

Comment

Good morning Marioman

I'll see you later, folksies - I need another coffee and a cigarette or two before I head into one of those all-day corporate sessions about values, leadership and other stuff.
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X