Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brain recovery 1 big relapse=99 AF days !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

I am consciously watching my body and brain's functions with AL and without it.
    In 70 days , I did have 5 big binge . 65 AF days are worthless especially for my brain recovery though I feel good with the body .

Previously, I had set up an ambitious plan and started socializing , now I am at the same stage because I have not that of confidence and self esteem to appear and face the community .I would have gone far ahead if I hadn't relapsed.
    So if we could not maintain our AL within standard limit, it goes to the brain and damage all achievement. If the liver can't filter AL, it goes into the blood vessel and ultimately to the brain.
    So the experiment is now almost over or very soon !!!
    Please correct me seniors if my experiment over myself is wrong.
    CHEERS !!!
    Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

hi dixon,i keep imagining new pathways developing in my brain as little sprouts in a garden all fresh and green,but if i pour alcohol on them,they shrivel and die probly
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

paulywogg;1475738 wrote: hi dixon,i keep imagining new pathways developing in my brain as little sprouts in a garden all fresh and green,but if i pour alcohol on them,they shrivel and die probly
      That is a great analogy!
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Wagoneer;1475753 wrote: That is a great analogy!
        Really True !!!
        Dix

Comment

paulywogg;1475738 wrote: hi dixon,i keep imagining new pathways developing in my brain as little sprouts in a garden all fresh and green,but if i pour alcohol on them,they shrivel and die probly
          Paulywogg,
          Well said.
          Yes of course, if we put fertilizer in right amount it grows very well if we put in huge amount certainly it dies !!!
          Only a right amount of salt gives taste...
          I also realized now experimenting myself. That's why an alcoholic hardly live life and only perform 10 % of a normal human being .

Its a hell !!!
          Dix

Comment

dixon;1475667 wrote: Hi all,

I am consciously watching my body and brain's functions with AL and without it.
            In 70 days , I did have 5 big binge . 65 AF days are worthless especially for my brain recovery though I feel good with the body .

Previously, I had set up an ambitious plan and started socializing , now I am at the same stage because I have not that of confidence and self esteem to appear and face the community .I would have gone far ahead if I hadn't relapsed.
            So if we could not maintain our AL within standard limit, it goes to the brain and damage all achievement. If the liver can't filter AL, it goes into the blood vessel and ultimately to the brain.
            So the experiment is now almost over or very soon !!!
            Please correct me seniors if my experiment over myself is wrong.
            CHEERS !!!
            Dix
            I shall pray that you can find sobriety again. If I drank now, I'm not sure that I have another SOBER in me! :l I'm hoping you can get sober and stay sober, if that's what you want?
            Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Hi Dixon,

Thanks for posting this. I had around 64 days completely AF. I went to a festival on the weekend and ended up breaking that for 3 days in a row. At the time, it was a conscious decision, but i found myself increasingly pressured to "have more", nearly to the point when i had to riase my voice to tell him to stop.

I came home feeling depleted and depressed. Last night those horrible cravings came back and i can really see how one mouthful can lead to a relapse. I am a bit mad with myself, but i had made a conscious decision to drink, which i should have stuck with for one day only. I am now on day 2 again and i know it's going to take a few days for this crap to get out of my system. Before i went away, i felt GREAT! Only to have it all ruined by several days of drinking.

It really does change your mindset and i don't like what it does to mine. I am seriously considering not attending alcoholic venues at all and an almost complete change of "friendship" circles would be good as i don't consider many of those people friends if all they do is antagonise and cooerce me into drinking, and don't accept my @#$@#%#^$ decision to STOP! Crickey. I really have to get the backbone to finally say no to those people.
              One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Working...
              X