Army Thread Monday 11th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweetpea29;1476266 wrote: Glad i didnt get box too Arsey Once im home in the house im safe, its the thought when leaving work, particularly after a really crap day, that a) I deserve a drink for surviving this madness (and not killing anyone) and B) i need a drink after this madness. I have to shut-up that thought and shout it down and consciously ignore all the offies on way home. Now i need to find some new system of reward or unwind if ye know wot i mean? Not galaxy hazelnut btw :no: that system is gonna have to go!
    Well done Sweetie.
    Have you tried Crunchies? It is hard but you can do it:goodjob:

Comment

If I knew what ascerbic meant, maybe I could......

Watching a prog on that blade runner who, allegedly, shot a stranger in a locked bathroom and not realising that his girlfriend was in there....
      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

mollyka;1476262 wrote: Absolutely NO room - even for Joe's clothes:H
        I'm really really excited - was sorta nervous and excited going to Canada, cos I was travelling alone and afraid that the monster may rear it's ugly head. Tomorrow will be just A1
        Just reading back - I do get you about the 'restless' feeling in the evenings - that does go - but it takes a while - I changed some things around a bit - whereas before the first thing I'da been thinkin of was pouring that glass of wine - in the early days I would make coffee straight away and just log on here - little simple things really!
        :H Poor Joe! He gonna be going about in his speedos then?:egad:

Yeah Molls just as was sayin to Arsey i need to find new ways of reward/unwind, havent been too bad lately but today was particularly crap and first thought in me head as i put on me coat was, i deserve/need a drink (my thought didnt picture just one drink tho, it was a whole box of wine!) Did think that through and thought of my days etc... so thankfully it was just a thought

Comment

sweetpea29;1476272 wrote: :H Poor Joe! He gonna be going about in his speedos then?:egad:

Yeah Molls just as was sayin to Arsey i need to find new ways of reward/unwind, havent been too bad lately but today was particularly crap and first thought in me head as i put on me coat was, i deserve/need a drink (my thought didnt picture just one drink tho, it was a whole box of wine!) Did think that through and thought of my days etc... so thankfully it was just a thought
          How can we help Sweetie?

Comment

Ach Molls, nighters and hope ya have the bestest hols, gonna miss ya:hallo:

Comment

sweetpea29;1476266 wrote: Glad i didnt get box too Arsey Once im home in the house im safe, its the thought when leaving work, particularly after a really crap day, that a) I deserve a drink for surviving this madness (and not killing anyone) and B) i need a drink after this madness. I have to shut-up that thought and shout it down and consciously ignore all the offies on way home. Now i need to find some new system of reward or unwind if ye know wot i mean? Not galaxy hazelnut btw :no: that system is gonna have to go!
              I think there's also just learning to "log off" ... I think it does come... but I totally understand about the days where you're like - "and you pay me WHAT to survive this on a daily basis?!!?" so of course it's natural to then think "Of course i feckin deserve a drink!"

But there are literally a few billion out there who have stressed lives and don't drink.

Destressing... meditation? Yoga? Yacking to a mate? My flatmate destresses most days by jumping into the bath most days after work... Maybe even just a teeny bit of chocolate? Or is that like saying "but can't you just have one drink?!"

WHy not start a thread: "How do YOU destress without a drink?" See what others say?

Comment

Have a great holiday Molly XXX

Comment

Night Molls :hallo:

Comment

RunningCourage;1476275 wrote: I think there's also just learning to "log off" ... I think it does come... but I totally understand about the days where you're like - "and you pay me WHAT to survive this on a daily basis?!!?" so of course it's natural to then think "Of course i feckin deserve a drink!"

But there are literally a few billion out there who have stressed lives and don't drink.

Destressing... meditation? Yoga? Yacking to a mate? My flatmate destresses most days by jumping into the bath most days after work... Maybe even just a teeny bit of chocolate? Or is that like saying "but can't you just have one drink?!"

WHy not start a thread: "How do YOU destress without a drink?" See what others say?
                    Wish I had written that:goodjob:

Comment

I've got a bundle of de stress strategies, my stress is made worse by having a hyper 7 yr old. Sometimes I just lock myself upstairs for ten mins...

And only two weeks ago I had a shit day and nearly said fuckit. I had to reach out to friends to stop me. You use whatever tool you can.....
                      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

Comment

anon;1476273 wrote: How can we help Sweetie?
                        Thankyou Mrs A:l Im all grand now bar being bollixed!

Yiz all help just by being here and describing how yiz deal with life booze-free and by showing that life is actually so much better booze-free

Ye couldnt get me a cushy wee job in out-patients or community tho?:H

Comment

Evening all! First day at the new job so came home shattered. Hope all are well and you have a fabulous holiday Molly, can't get onto the wifi at work in the new location :upset:

So cold think I'll get in bed, not good at posting on the tablet thing but can read, keep warm everybody
                          AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

It's freezing here too. Wrapped in jumpers and sitting under a blanket...

So did Oscar blade runner intend to kill or not....

Comment

Ach here thankyou all for the advice :l:l

I know most folk dont drink to de-stress/unwind but i kid ya not, theres not a day goes past in my work that someone im workin with doesnt say, 'feck this' Im gettin a bottle on the way home! It seems to be quite commonplace here.

On that note, im gonna head to bath to ease me aches and pains and clear the mind.

Thankyou all xx

Comment

Hiya Spiderwoman :hallo:

See ya's tomorrow folks xx

Comment

Working...
                                X