Frustration Station!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustration Station!!!

It's my umpteenth attempt to stop-keep failing, keep getting up and trying again.

I am just SO FRUSTRATED and miserable. My partner has finally joined the party and we have both been AF for 2 weeks. I am just a misery to be around and it's not fun for her at all. I have been down this road before but this time I just feel like I would be happier drinking!

Anyone else feel like this?

:upset:
    Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
    Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Frustration Station!!!

Hi Deilight. WOW - congrats on 2 weeks. That's really great :goodjob:

I was OK at 2 weeks (the last time I made it that long, that is). I think by then my sleeping had mostly resolved itself, so I was rested. How have you been sleeping?

I've heard a lot of people here talk about having terrible mood swings that suddenly go away. I'm sure one of our illustrious long-termers will be along to give you some hope and encouragement. All I can tell you is, for me, I will never be happier while drinking than I am sober. I know what the AL does to my body and it's not good. Stay the course and I'm sure your moods will even out. You can stop into the Newbie's Nest thread (https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html) and post in there for a while if you want. Also, check out the Tool Box (https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html) - I'm sure there are some posts about moods.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Frustration Station!!!

As much as you think you will be more happy drinking, I can promise you, that you will be MUCH more satisfied, and at peace with yourself if you stop than if you were to continue drinking.

It can be done(either with the help of supplements, or sheer willpower), but it can be done.

As clique as it sounds, when you are truly ready to do it, and by that I mean you are more willing to quit, than you are to take your next breath, you will stop.

Its best to start small....one day, seven days, thirty days...use those as your goals. Forget about the "rest of your life" to most that seems like a daunting task. You set the small goals, and you start to realize it is something you can do, and live with.
      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Frustration Station!!!

Hi Deilight,

Congratulations on 2 weeks!! What have you done differently in the last 2 weeks to break the pattern of drinking? That seems to be the hard part for many that are just starting. I agree with Nelz, my WORST day sober is way better than my BEST day drinking!!! There is no problem that alcohol can permanently solve...alcohol provides short-term escape but when you come to, the problems are still there!

Please stick close, we know what you're going through. Read around the threads and join us over in the Newbies Nest!

I'm glad you're here!

K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Frustration Station!!!

Yes we are here for you.

Comment

Frustration Station!!!

Welcome to you too MyPain!! How are you?
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Frustration Station!!!

Hi Frustration and welcome!

I have felt EXACTLY the same way as you...I swear I gave Joan Crawford a run for the money many days when I started my journey back in May. Believe me I was unbearable...I simply could not withstand the kids arguing or deadlines or bill collectors or having to walk the dog...nfire:

Sometimes the pressure just became to overwhelming and I would give in. And while that helped smooth things out a bit, I quickly recognized that it also stalled any progress I was making which of course sucked because I would actually be making good progress!

So in the end I just eat and retreat when I feel a JC moment coming on. My husband doesn't really drink and I have made his life so miserable on several occasions....well, he is pretty willing to do whatever it takes to speed me n my way.

Usually thus means just pulling the munchkins out of my hair and leaving me alone in my bedroom with my ice cream and IPad.

I just know that for me, I have to rid of drinking. Pure and simply. It's getting somewhat easier...I'm on something like my 5th try...have 9 days at the moment, following 60 days AF, 30 days AF, 45days...you get the picture

Stay close and just keep reading. That's key!
              :l
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Frustration Station!!!

Sorry, I meant to say, Welcome Deilight !

I just couldn't get past your Avatar! :H
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Frustration Station!!!

yeah kradle that avatar is.....interesting
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Frustration Station!!!

How bad were you and your partner together? Did one of you decide to quit or both of you? I decided to quit/ moderate and my partner decided not to, and I feel like having him drinking around me, pouring him a glass of wine or grabbing him a beer, saying cheers with juice on my side- it makes me feel more normal, like I don't have to change the way I live because I'm getting myself under control, and it keeps my mind focused. Maybe you guys should go out to a restaurant and order virgin cocktails? Show yourselves a good normal time?

Comment

Frustration Station!!!

Deilight,
                      Congrats on 2 weeks! And it is good that your partner is joining you, mine still has a glass of wine now and then. When she has too much, I simply leave for a couple days while she calms down. Then she says no more, and life gets back to normal for a while. Best of luck to you, I hope your partner helps you every step fo the way.
                      BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Frustration Station!!!

Wow! Thanks for all the response-I really appreciate it!

Siren-I am sleeping for the A-Team (as my late best friend would say!) One of my worries was that I wouldn't sleep-one of my many excuses for carrying on with alcohol...so that's pretty covered.

Nelz, I definitely try to do the one step at a time thing, I have finally given into AA meetings (which I flat out refused to do in the past)! K9-that's what I do differently, it helps because every night we go to a meeting and it takes a big chunk of time out of what used to be our drinking time. Our social worker put us on a really hardcore sobriety plan which includes 90 meetings in 90 days to start with-OH MY SOUL! Sweetie-my partner and I were AWFUL! Hence the social worker-alcohol abuse led to abuse of each other; verbally, mentally and physically! BHOG-I live with my partner so leaving her alone for a few days is somewhat impractical.

Kradle and Paulywogg-the avatar is Medusa done by the artist Boris Vallejo.

Again-thank you! Hope you are all coping well.
                        Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
                        Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Working...
                        X