I'm back, well and AL free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a few years since I have been here, much has happened, some good, some bad; I'm still dry and looking to catch up with old friends and make new ones.
    BHOG
    BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

that's great BHOG!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Thank you for the welcome, MB.
      BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Welcome back. Wonderful news on the firewater!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Welcome back BHOG!
          Glad to meet you and I hope to get to know you better!
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Welcome back and GOOD FOR YOU! Congrats.!!
            February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

I was thinking last night about all the major "mistakes" or errors of judgement I have made in my life. Fully 99% of them were accompanied with alcohol.
              I wonder what I could have accomplished sober.
              BHOG
              (I was going to post a list, but it was too long, too scary. )
              BHOG

Comment

BHOG;1478503 wrote: I was thinking last night about all the major "mistakes" or errors of judgement I have made in my life. Fully 99% of them were accompanied with alcohol.
                BHOG
                :welcome: and :goodjob: on staying sober. I try not to look back at what I COULD have done. It seems to me that for some reason I had major life lesson that alcohol had to teach me. Maybe I choose to study addiction in this lifetime? I don't know that the reason matters so much as the fact that alcohol is a thing of my past. I'm so grateful for that as I'm sure you are. I look forward to getting to know you!
                Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Hey BHOG, I've been meaning to say a proper 'how do' to you! Yes, I think that's something we can all relate to, if AL hadn't gotten in the way, just what could we have accomplished....no telling, but I feel like I have a second chance now and I'm taking full advantage! It's never too late to make the most of what you have...that's what I'm telling myself...
                  Would like to invite you over to the 100 day maintenance thread...we'd love to have your perspective on some of the thought provoking questions we've pondered over there! So glad to finally meet you! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

BHOG;1478503 wrote: I was thinking last night about all the major "mistakes" or errors of judgement I have made in my life. Fully 99% of them were accompanied with alcohol.
                    BHOG
                    Nothing, good, ever happens because of AL.........just my opinion

Welcome back
                    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                    X