me again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me again

hey guys so... I kinda fell of the wagon, I mean I never was on properly anyway. But now I'm off, in so much as i ever am which is every evening getting pretty soundly out of it, on new meds which apparently make it way easier to just get drunk (I know, what luck for an alcoholic, now cheaper to get smashed). so I wanted to post this whilst I'm a little drunk, or more than a little, so I check back tomorrow to delete it when I'm sober and embarrassed n remind myself of what the hell I did, n why I really could do with somebody to talk to and maybe getting sober properly this time instead of just maintaining at a lower level. So, back again, hope you don't mind.

Inchy
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

me again

InCh - don't delete, don't go. Stick around for a while and get to know the newbs. You need help and we need your experience and knowledge. Don't be embarrassed - you are among friends and peers. I hope you stay here and start healing.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

me again

Dear In Chains,
      So glad to see you back. I followed your 45 days AF progress (I think that was the amount of days) a year or two ago--you were so incredible. I have tried several times to quit, made it to 25 days last Nov/Dec but always think "just one glass" which turns into a bottle and then some.

Am now finishing Day 3 AF. Need to do this for me, and am really trying to post, and read every day.

Finally, love the drawing. Did you do that?
      Free at Last
      "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

me again

thank you both of you.

yes free I did do the drawing, I am waiting to start an illustration course at university, but no matter what I have going for me alcohol seems to come in and ruin it.

I did do 45 days almost 2 years ago, I then went to a festival and what followed was probably the worst year of my life, I lost a great many things because I started again, hard, and didn't stop. i haven't managed more than a day AF since, though I did cut back drastically from a point where I thought I would most likely end up dead or homeless.

thanks both of you again
        Inchy

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

me again

Wow Inchy,

I thought the same thing: did you draw that! ? I'm sure you don't see it but you have great fortune and talent. Holy cow. :wd:

Okay, had to get that out of the way.

I too did well back iit 2008 but started again and didn't come back till last May. I've stayed close here now...read a lot...try to post..use the tools, Stay out of the emotional extremes...eat ice scream...watch Netflix...

You are right though: now matter what we do or what we have talent to do...it gets ruined by drinking . :upset:

Glad you're here. Please stay close. Here's a hug. :l
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

me again

Hello Inchains, I dont know you, but please don,t delete. We are all here because we are alcoholics. Its not an easy life, I hate being an alcoholic, but while we are still around and posting we are still in the fight!!

Comment

me again

Inchy,
              Hoping today is better for you. There's a group of us who just started trying to be AF. We are on day 4--the thread is the 311 Club. We are trying to check in with each other every day -- you are welcome to join in.

And, wow, you are talented. Don't let alcohol get in your way.
              Free at Last
              "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
              http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

me again

In Chains,
                From my experience, sometimes you can't take it a day at a time, so try taking it an hour at a time. You CAN do this, but you have to make it the main thrust in your life.
                Hang in there. Nice artwork, BTW.
                BHOG
                BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

me again

Inchy - please stay. I was sober 11 months then blew it and am now on day, I think 16. You are very talented - don't let alcohol take that away. I too am an artist (not by trade) - drawing and writing - and I always thought that the AL helped my creativity. What a load of crap. All it did was make me puffy and lazy. Please get the help you need and stay close. We are here for you. I coudl not have gotten back on the wagon had it not been for this place. The buzz is not worth ruining your life for - you have so much promise. YOU ARE WORTH IT. Remember that. Screw alcohol. It's nothing but a big, smelly hassle.
                  February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

me again

Inchy,
                    I remember you well and I'm glad you are back! Please stick around. We've all been through what you're going through. I don't know of anyone that quit on their first (or twentieth) quit, but eventually it will stick. Don't give up before that happens. You only fail when you quit trying, so stay with it! Look at what alcohol is doing to you, how it is treating you...you would never accept that type of treatment from a person, so don't accept it from a poisonous liquid! HATE alcohol and all that it does...it will be easier to let it go. Please don't go anywhere or delete any posts. I'm really glad you're back!
                    Love,
                    K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

me again

hugs Inchy....ditto what everyone else said....
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

me again

and fabulous drawing!
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

me again

InChains;1477353 wrote: hey guys so... I kinda fell of the wagon, I mean I never was on properly anyway. But now I'm off, in so much as i ever am which is every evening getting pretty soundly out of it, on new meds which apparently make it way easier to just get drunk (I know, what luck for an alcoholic, now cheaper to get smashed). so I wanted to post this whilst I'm a little drunk, or more than a little, so I check back tomorrow to delete it when I'm sober and embarrassed n remind myself of what the hell I did, n why I really could do with somebody to talk to and maybe getting sober properly this time instead of just maintaining at a lower level. So, back again, hope you don't mind.

Inchy
                          Inchydonney - :welcome: back :l
                          Stay close & you will be fine.
                          The folks on here have all the tricks & tools for you to get to where you want to be!!
                          Posting is the start.

Comment

me again

Alcohol slowly robs me of my art and I do nothing, but expect your kind words and accept them gratefully as if somehow they mean I am trying. I have been blessed with gifts others would kill for and I turn to spit on them, ignore the desire and drown it in this sad tide. I do not deserve help, or pity, but contempt. I want you to turn your backs now, a car crash in progress, I should not be seen.

Comment

me again

We won't turn our backs Inchy. You know that. Please stop now, drink lots of water, relax and get your head together. You will feel better tomorrow. We are not pitying you. And you DO deserve help and that is what we are here for. Please, do not waste any more time on this f'ing alcohol. I watched my ex husband, a very talented artist, ruin himself with alcohol and drugs. When he died the world was robbed of a great artist. Please do not go that route. You are needed and loved and we will never give up on you. If you did not want help,you would not be posting. Please accept our help. You are our friend.
                              February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Working...
                              X