me again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me again

I'm not that drunk wagoneer, i can still type, just not write properly, if that makes sense? I'm sorry to hear about your ex husband.
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

me again

Hugging you anyway, Inchy! :l

You do have gifts people would kill for I agree In fact my 14 year old happened to see your avatar and somehow took a pic with my Ipad and is wanting to print it! - I don't think you can do this from the Ipad...I'm telling him there's a copyright issue.. Mommy doesn't want to be sued. :H

I think most of us here have looked at ALOT of wasted talent, energy, opportunities. If your pic is a self portrait then you look young. Age is relative of course but easier I think to get sober at 25 than later...And most importantly, Inchy, you are HERE. Whatever else you might think of yourself, you have the good sense to get yourself back HERE...
      And that my sweet Inchy is a HUGE step...

Please stay close no matter how crappy you feel,

Another Hug :l
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

me again

Inchy- I do understand. I write, and I used to tell myself how much easier the words flowed after a glass or two or...of wine. Then I'd get up the next day, look at it and think, who wrote this crap? It's better now that I am dry, I do have to wrok at it, but nothing of value ever came from me when I was drinking.
        You CAN do this!!
        BHOG
        BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

me again

kradle: avatar is actually a portrait of Layne Staley, signer for my namesake Alice in Chains, one of the greatest frontmen who ever lived, sadly died in 2002 of drug overdose. I'm actually younger than he is there, I've been in trouble with alcohol on n off since I was 13, with the last 4 years being pretty continuous. I'm 20 years old.

and BHOG - used to convince myself the same thing, since realizing it never worked I now don't write when I'm drinking, I miss it a great deal.

-Inchy

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

me again

Inchy,

No one truly appreciates things that they are given or that come easily to them. It is only what we struggle to achieve that we look on with pride.

You are here, learning more about your disease. Most of us here have struggled for years upon years with this. It is so good that you recognize at such a young age that you need help. Give us one week AF and you'll see how much better you can feel. What's the saying - a journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step. Let that first step be saying no to alcohol today - hour by hour or minute by minute if needs be.
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

me again

Inchy,
              Just popping in to say hello and again so glad you are back. I'm now 54 years old -- spent years wasting talents. To address alcohol issues at 20 years of age, makes you wiser than many of us. Stay focused -- you must have that skill to draw as you do. Warmest, Free
              Free at Last
              "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
              http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

me again

InChains;1477353 wrote: hey guys so... I kinda fell of the wagon, I mean I never was on properly anyway. But now I'm off, in so much as i ever am which is every evening getting pretty soundly out of it, on new meds which apparently make it way easier to just get drunk (I know, what luck for an alcoholic, now cheaper to get smashed). so I wanted to post this whilst I'm a little drunk, or more than a little, so I check back tomorrow to delete it when I'm sober and embarrassed n remind myself of what the hell I did, n why I really could do with somebody to talk to and maybe getting sober properly this time instead of just maintaining at a lower level. So, back again, hope you don't mind.

Inchy
                I remember what it felt like to be where you are. I finally made a decision that I'd do whatever it took to get and stay sober. It's a different path to the same place, for all of us. I couldn't stop the compulsion without meds. Many others have found relief thru meds. I see alcoholism as a disease and in my case it kept getting worse and worse until I found baclofen. It would stop you from drinking but it can give you the added power that's needed to say NO and mean it!!!
                Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

me again

Inchy- Just checking in. You have lots of freinds, mentors, here. Don't hesitate to talk with us. I know it helped me a great deal. When I finally stopped, I was on here for hours at a time (I was recovering from surgery and at home) chatting with anyone, eveeryone, to keep from picking up that glass.
                  It worked.
                  We're here.
                  BHOG
                  BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

me again

Checking in Inchy, :l

Alice In Chains is one of my husbands and sons favorite bands...I'm more a Cat Stevens kinda a gal...

I used Topa in the beginning and followed the book and Supps religiously and had good success. It's when I stopped the program, strayed from MWO and let my WTF attitude take over that I went back down the tubes in 2008 and beyond. Back on track now...

Siren is right on..if it were easy, anyone could do it!!
                    :l
                    Stay close today
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

me again

YOU THERE INCHYDONNEY ???
                      Check in either way - we'll take care of you :thumbsup:

Comment

me again

Hi Inchy!

Just checking in to see how you are today. As someone that is old enough to be your mother (yikes)...please let us know how everything is!!! You are very fortunate to be addressing this at such a young age. There's no need for you to drag it out like most of us did. Come on...let's work on this together okay??

Love,
                        K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

me again

K9Lover- I don't know what you are complaining about, I'm old enough to be his grandfather! LOL
                          INCHY- check in please!
                          BHOG

Comment

me again

BHOG: His? xD I'm a girl actually, but don't worry I don't take offence, I have a guys name in real life, like metal, where mens clothes... haha

and everybody else: thanks for the support, I may have gotten a little depressed last night (I know, I hid it so well, haha) but today is a new day, much new music has been purchased, much artwork has been done and yes a couple of beers have been had but then some days just don't make for a good day one.

Comment

me again

Incheroooo, the most important thing you do is to keep coming back. Just never give up on giving up.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

me again

Is it wrong that I just went 'ahh dammit JC caught me?' xD was kinda hoping you wouldn't catch me failing again. Weird I know, feel I let the army folks down

-Inchy

Comment

Working...
                                X