Army Thread Thursday 14th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, Wagoneer! You and Hubby must be very proud of her!
    Recluse said I should introduce myself, here goes. I'm (M) in my late 50's, married for 35 years, 2 grown children, 4 wonderful granddaughters. I first hung out her 6-7 years ago, dried out thanks to wonderful support from the folks on this site. I dropped off heere when my employment went kind of crazy, I've been through some changes in that regard. Thankfully well employed now, although at less money than I would like! (LOL) The job has lots of stress, and I have been thinking about having a glass or two of wine, so i decided to drop back in and get positive again.
    BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Congrats Waggy!!!
      good job BHOG...that's all it takes isn't it....
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

BHOG;1477588 wrote: Congrats, Wagoneer! You and Hubby must be very proud of her!
        Recluse said I should introduce myself, here goes. I'm (M) in my late 50's, married for 35 years, 2 grown children, 4 wonderful granddaughters. I first hung out her 6-7 years ago, dried out thanks to wonderful support from the folks on this site. I dropped off heere when my employment went kind of crazy, I've been through some changes in that regard. Thankfully well employed now, although at less money than I would like! (LOL) The job has lots of stress, and I have been thinking about having a glass or two of wine, so i decided to drop back in and get positive again.
        :welcome: BHOG. Nice to meet you !
        There are a few of us around same age - I too am married 35 years - as is Mollyka. Jackieclaire & Mick are following up behind in next wedded bliss bus :H
        Then there are the 'kids' who pop in every day and add to the fun too with a different perspective. So a mixed bag really.
        So post away here have some fun - anything that keeps you off the 'grog' is good.
        How long have you been AF ?

Comment

mama bear;1477594 wrote: Congrats Waggy!!!
          good job BHOG...that's all it takes isn't it....
          Oh and Mama from the US of A - the pretty lady who calls in for a chat too ! :l

Comment

Wagoneer;1477579 wrote: I just found out that my 8th grader won an award again this year in a huge science fair! She will be getting her award at a University here in Philadelphia tomorrow. We are so proud of her. She is such a great kid (in all ways) Thank God they got my husband's brains....lol!! I really do have three wonderful girls. All the more reason to stay off the damn wine! Just wanted to share my happy news!
            That's great to hear waggy!

BHOG;1477588 wrote:
            I'm (M) in my late 50's, married for 35 years, 2 grown children, 4 wonderful granddaughters. I first hung out her 6-7 years ago, dried out thanks to wonderful support from the folks on this site. I dropped off heere when my employment went kind of crazy, I've been through some changes in that regard. Thankfully well employed now, although at less money than I would like! (LOL) The job has lots of stress, and I have been thinking about having a glass or two of wine, so i decided to drop back in and get positive again.
            It would be a real shame if you fell off the wagon after being sober that long BHOG, so well done on recognising the danger and deciding to do something about it. Stick around and you will get to know us all and hopefully we will get to know you too.

Comment

Evening all and hello to BHOG :hallo:

Dr Satz - and JC - thank you for your replies last night. I'm fine really, so will be checking in and I'm sure posting cheeky posts soon enough

Ode to Pope Francis I (for my dear doctor, Dr Satz)

Said Pope Franny when elected in Rome,
              Under St Pete's Gold Basilica dome
              "I'm just a guy in a cope
              Who prays and washes with soap
              So folks, get a life and get yerselves home"

Comment

Hello Army. I heard a rumor that Molly is off for some Solar Aquatic Therapy. ENJOY MOLLS !
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Yo Techie! Ya heard righty. She's aff trying to get a tan for Ireland. :H Lucky besom.

Comment

Good evening Army and esteemed visitors :welcome:

Busy day here and only just sat down!

Waggy I think you should be proud. I too have 3 daughters and feel so lucky that they tuned out ok in spite of my little problem

Hope you are ok Arsey? I lost a young niece last month and I know grief is different for everyone but wanted you to know that I care:l I cannot say I know how you feel cos we are all individuals.

Starving here back in a bit. Has anyone put the kettle on for Jackie?

Comment

Hello BHOG

Comment

No haven't heard the kettle whistle yet.
                        I'm orff for a read back.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Wagoneer;1477579 wrote: I just found out that my 8th grader won an award again this year in a huge science fair! She will be getting her award at a University here in Philadelphia tomorrow. We are so proud of her. She is such a great kid (in all ways) Thank God they got my husband's brains....lol!! I really do have three wonderful girls. All the more reason to stay off the damn wine! Just wanted to share my happy news!
                          Oh Waggers that deserves a happy dance.

BHOG;1477588 wrote:
                          Congrats, Wagoneer! You and Hubby must be very proud of her!
                          :welcome: BHOG. Lovely to meet you. Thank goodness you decided to come back.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hiya troops!

Congrats Waggy!

And Welcome BHOG! Did you used to post in Subs BHOG? I seem to remember you...

This is just a wee fly-by as I have a few things to do before going to IOP. Just wanted to stick my head in the door! I hope everyone's having a LEKKER day and I'll see yiz on the morrow... XXX

Comment

Rabsy...yours with verse 2 attached :H:H:H

Ode to Pope Francis I (for my dear doctor, Dr Satz)

Said Pope Franny when elected in Rome,
                              Under St Pete's Gold Basilica dome
                              "I'm just a guy in a cope
                              Who prays and washes with soap
                              So folks, get a life and get yerselves home"

So here wis Frank havin a gander,
                              and says to the punters from his veranda
                              "Now Im the head man the big shot, the chief,
                              Never mind fish we ll have corned beef!!!"
                              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Zenstyle;1477637 wrote: Hiya troops!

Congrats Waggy!

And Welcome BHOG! Did you used to post in Subs BHOG? I seem to remember you...

This is just a wee fly-by as I have a few things to do before going to IOP. Just wanted to stick my head in the door! I hope everyone's having a LEKKER day and I'll see yiz on the morrow... XXX
                                IOP? I thought you were on a diet young lady!
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X