Army Thread Friday 15th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FreeFly;1478235 wrote: South coast of England and 'petrol' just hit ?1.40 per litre. Ditto what Mick said
    :upset:

(I'm going to stop my bitchin' now!!!) :H

Comment

I have a tiny 1L car and can now fill it up for a mere ?50, WTF!
      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Evening all,

Just back. Left the troops with their mammas and papas. 'Twas a guid show.

Now, back to reality - yes Mick the price of diesel is feckin outrageous. I mind way, way back when I were just a lad and petrol was merely 80p a ltr. Aye, those were the days. When Blair was PM, and Saddam still alive (just), and mobile phones were ... well, mobile phones (just) ... and diesel and petrol were affordable (just)... how we've traveled in 8 long years :H:H

Comment

Yep, those were the days RC.

Right, orf to bed. Nighty all
          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

I just did the math... thats $8 a gallon FFS.

Comment

RunningCourage;1478242 wrote: Evening all,

Just back. Left the troops with their mammas and papas. 'Twas a guid show.

Now, back to reality - yes Mick the price of diesel is feckin outrageous. I mind way, way back when I were just a lad and petrol was merely 80p a ltr. Aye, those were the days. When Blair was PM, and Saddam still alive (just), and mobile phones were ... well, mobile phones (just) ... and diesel and petrol were affordable (just)... how we've traveled in 8 long years :H:H
              FFS RC - yer have me even more depressed than after that fillum I just came from !
              Thought I go oogle Jude Law in Side Effects - bad mistake - HUGE!! of a Friday and us both knackered after a long week !!
              DD fell asleep :H:H

Comment

Nighty night Freefly... have a good trip tomorrow, wherever yer off to... )

Hiya Arsey!

Comment

And hello the ship! How's you tonight Satzuma?

Comment

yo Zenny and the Doc Satz - how youse?

Comment

Petrol here is ?1.63 a litre - so shurrup !!!
                      Do we moan - nope - just go get pissed and talk about the state of the country and how we can't afford to eat - as we down pints of beer @ over ?5 a pint :H:H

Comment

Manners :wavin: Zenners & RC :l

Comment

Advice - if youse can be arsed - ... i'm needing to move to a new abode in three weeks.

I was looking at shared accomodation but the one place i was semi-cool with, the landlady aint got back to me, despite my chasing.

So started thinking about just renting a single bed property all for myself.

Seen a few... then seen a wee cottage in a nearby village and pretty much fell in love as soon as i walked in... It's gonna cost me an extra couple hundred quid a month on top of what I pay just now. I think i can afford it, but would have to be VERY vigilent with money and wouldn;t have pennies just to throw away ... which i did when i drank and continued when I stopped:H ...

Go for it, or go for somewhere cheaper (can get single bed flats for a few quid cheaper, but not much)... or keep looking for shared accommodation? Personally I'd prefer to live by meself just now, but weighing that up with it costing more and stretching my budget.

Answers on postcard to:
                          Arsey's quandry
                          Rear door
                          Bottom Bunk
                          The Army Barracks

Comment

My main vehicle is a hybrid, gets 40-50 MPG around town. Fuel here is $3.89/gallon right now. My other ride is a full size, 4-door Doge diesel dually 4wd...17 MPG around town. Diesel is $4.50/gallon right now. I drive the Diesel about 30 miles a month currently! LOL
                            BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Tell yer what - whatever they put in sugar-free sweets - can't be good :egad:
                              Like an 'ol wind bag I am :H if yer get my drift ?

Comment

Oh my goodness me, Runners. No brainer vote from me. The cottage.

Yo there Zennifer.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X