Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Saturday 16th March

Good morning again, Army.

Mum's on the plane. Barely made it, though. The highway to the airport was closed due to an earlier accident. I just parked at the drop and go area and pleaded to park there. Mum was thw last passenger to get checked in.

You gave me an a-ha moment there with the description of love and duty, Mrs. A. Makes total sense.

Sorry the two of you didn't / can't sleep, Satzy & deniZen. The sleep fairy seems to have invaded our house. Mrs. T is snoring away on the couch.

Shopping can wait - I'm settled on the patio with coffee and a ciggie. It's a lovely overcast day.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Off for my run now!

Hi to Spider and Zen

Zen the duty and love thing has me tied up in knots I know I do not cope very well with needy people:upset:

Comment

satz123;1478356 wrote: :wavin: Zennerooney !
        I too suffered from bad sleep - hence the vino too I'd say. Well one of the reasons.
        One word : MAGNESIUM -loads of it.
        Yer preachin to the choir darl! :l I take more supplements on a daily basis than most people take in a week and magnesium is coursing through my veins at all times. I really, just, have chronic insomnia. I'm just going to face it... and deal with it. I didn't take a pill last night as I was tired enough (so I thought).

Really must have a yarn with you about supplements as you seem very "up" on it all. I started taking them at 27 and I reckon it's what's kept me away from mainstream meds (apart from the low dose of beta blockers). I got a compliment on Thursday from one of the young ones in IOP - she said I had flawless skin. High praise indeed from a youngster and I totally attribute it to the handfulls of supps I take...

Comment

Spider I am off to Ilam in Derbyshire tomorrow!
          Now I must RUN

Comment

satz123;1478357 wrote: Just a feckin' excuse to get more pissed than usual Zenners! That forced jolity always did my head in !!!
            Jesus I'm turning into an 'ol grouch ....:gramps:
            :H:H:H You and me both! FECK that nonsense... I'd rather be home on my couch! :H

Gawd... turning into me Ma!

Comment

spiderwoman;1478358 wrote: Morning troops,!

Hope you catch up on the,sleep Zenners. Oddly I've woken up at around four every morning this week but am hoping its just been new job stress and that it'll pass. Vile morning here in Derbyshire so not inclined to get out of bed.
              If it's a new thing for you, not a pattern, I'll bet that something like melatonin will help. There are a few things that are natural and are very helpful if melatonin doesn't do the trick and you don't have full blown insomnia. I can PM you if you want.

Comment

Morning all..and how are we today? bloody hell Satzy ...you peed the bed?Yes could nver understand the Paddys day celebrations ..getting bladdered.....

Now for us Scots , St Andrews Day was more of a social event...a get together with your friends, bit of a chit chat and a couple of quaffs and a sing song ..and a jolly good time was had by all :H:H:H:H
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1478359 wrote: Good morning again, Army.

Mum's on the plane. Barely made it, though. The highway to the airport was closed due to an earlier accident. I just parked at the drop and go area and pleaded to park there. Mum was thw last passenger to get checked in.

You gave me an a-ha moment there with the description of love and duty, Mrs. A. Makes total sense.

Sorry the two of you didn't / can't sleep, Satzy & deniZen. The sleep fairy seems to have invaded our house. Mrs. T is snoring away on the couch.

Shopping can wait - I'm settled on the patio with coffee and a ciggie. It's a lovely overcast day.
                  I shouldn't laugh... but... :H:H:H If she had missed the feckin plane you'd have been in BITS!!! :H

yeah, MRSA's description really hit home for me and all... :l

Just have a chillaxed day... you work hard enough all week and bloody well deserve it imho. And enjoy the peace and quiet, cubs notwithstanding! ;o)

Comment

anon;1478360 wrote:
                    Zen the duty and love thing has me tied up in knots I know I do not cope very well with needy people:upset:
                    Ahhh... gotcha. Well, drop the guilt! Period, end of report. Single most freeing thing that someone like you could do. :l Have a good run... X

Comment

Zenstyle;1478369 wrote: I shouldn't laugh... but... :H:H:H If she had missed the feckin plane you'd have been in BITS!!! :H
                      LMAO!!!! You have no idea. Or a bloody one, actually :H

Hiya Spidey and Mick. See you laters, mrsa.
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Mick;1478366 wrote: Morning all..and how are we today? bloody hell Satzy ...you peed the bed?Yes could nver understand the Paddys day celebrations ..getting bladdered.....

Now for us Scots , St Andrews Day was more of a social event...a get together with your friends, bit of a chit chat and a couple of quaffs and a sing song ..and a jolly good time was had by all :H:H:H:H
                        Yeah, right! NOT! We're right in there with the Oirish when it comes to celebrating anything and everything by getting bladdered. It's the Celt in us I reckon...

Although... I DO fondly remember the sing-a-longs around the open fire... only thing is there was always a few bottles of grog and a spliff involved! Not to mention other mind altering substances. Ahhhhhh.... the good old days!!! :H Feck's sakes... lol...

Comment

anon;1478360 wrote: Off for my run now!

Hi to Spider and Zen

You've been looking after people all your life from what I hear - now is YOUR TIME. Enjoy it all.
                          Feck the needy :H
                          Joking of course - help where we can but do not take on their problems as ours I say !!

The End

Comment

Poor Jasmine is moping, though. We'll probably need to get a new dog when mum moves into her granny flat, because we'd never see her.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1478371 wrote: LMAO!!!! You have no idea. Or a bloody one, actually :H
                              Remember when my Ma came to stay for 3 months? Oh.my.Gord. It's happened a few times but the last time I was almost sprinting through the airport wheeling her chair to make sure she made the flight. I am SUCH a bad daughter... :upset:

Comment

satz123;1478373 wrote: You've been looking after people all your life from what I hear - now is YOUR TIME. Enjoy it all.
                                Feck the needy :H
                                Joking of course - help where we can but do not take on their problems as ours I say !!

The End
                                Skivverville comes to the nuclear family unit :H
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X