Army Thread Tuesday 20th March :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Tuesday 20th March :)

OK, so it's WEDNESDAY...I was too excited I guess! After all these years I finally got to start this thread. Well, the internet outage helped. I was pretty unnerved for a while there. So thankful it is up and running!

Happy first day of Spring all! :h
    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Army Thread Tuesday 20th March

only cos the rest of us couldn't log on all day...
    I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Hey, Army, BHOG reporting for duty. Busy day here..hope to get on later.
      BHOG
      BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

pingu1997;1480326 wrote: only cos the rest of us couldn't log on all day...
        I know....:H

I'll take what I can get. (Since I am in another time zone!!!)
        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

we had to chat on facebook, god help us..
          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Afternoon

Bout time they got the blooming MWO server up and running again. They could have put up a message on the home page to say what was going on. Or maybe they did and I didn't spot it?

Didn't even occur to me to use FB...I've more or less stopped using it now. Bit worried about security and privacy.

Comment

Fecking finally...

I hear you on FB, Reccie. I've deactivated my profile. Not so much for security and privacy. I'm just not into it. I only joined because Zennie and a friend of hers wanted me to play Farmville :H

Did I ever mention that tomorrow is a public holiday in Saffaland? The schools are closed Friday and both Mrs. T and I have taken leave, so it's a loooooooooong long weekend. And next week we're only working for 3 days and then havea 10 day holiday :woot:

I do find it a bit ironic that we're supposed to be celebrating Human Rights Day in a country where human life and dignity has so little value, but I won't inflict one of my rants on you tonight
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1480383 wrote: Did I ever mention that tomorrow is a public holiday in Saffaland? The schools are closed Friday and both Mrs. T and I have taken leave, so it's a loooooooooong long weekend. And next week we're only working for 3 days and then havea 10 day holiday :woot:
                Hiya tips :hallo: Great that you're getting some time off...you do seem to work long hours.

tiptronic_ct;1480383 wrote:
                I do find it a bit ironic that we're supposed to be celebrating Human Rights Day in a country where human life and dignity has so little value, but I won't inflict one of my rants on you tonight
                Errr....yeah...I take your point.

Comment

:wavin: Reccie

Didn't Zennie entice you to FB with a game as well? Words or summat like that?

She's a big culprit when it comes to leading people to temptation, it seems
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1480399 wrote: :wavin: Reccie

Didn't Zennie entice you to FB with a game as well? Words or summat like that?

She's a big culprit when it comes to leading people to temptation, it seems
                    Yep, it was Words with Friends, tips. I originally joined FB in order to see the photos of the last MWO meet up, but once zenny found out I'd joined, there was no escaping her clutches!

Comment

Recluse;1480405 wrote: Yep, it was Words with Friends, tips. I originally joined FB in order to see the photos of the last MWO meet up, but once zenny found out I'd joined, there was no escaping her clutches!
                      Typical female... ensnaring us with her guile and wit
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Well that's put a smile on me face.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Read an interesting (in an astonished-at-bureaucracy-way) article today:

Kinder Joy eggs are finally legal in the US.

fter a decades-long wait, a US company has finally come up with a way to sell Kinder Surprise-style toy-filled chocolate eggs in the country, sidestepping a 1938 ban on inedible toys being placed inside sweets with a new design.The ban, which is meant to protect children from swallowing the plastic toys masked by the chocolate shells, also prohibits the import of Kinder-style sweets.Over the years, US officials are reported to have seized thousands of the treats, which can attract fines running into hundreds of dollars at the American border.But Kevin Gass, who runs the New Jersey-based Candy Treasure, has now found a way around the prohibition.In his version, the toy is cased in a plastic capsule with a thick ridge that separates the two hollow chocolate halves.For American regulators, the ridge, which is visible when the foil covering the sweet comes off, serves the purpose of warning children that there is something hidden inside the chocolate.As an added precaution, the toys are also larger than the ones found inside foreign versions, according to ABC News.A long-standing online petition addressed to the US Congress and digitally signed by more than 3,000 people asks US lawmakers to "help* us restore the Ferrero Kinder Egg to shelves in the United States. This small matter can bring joy to millions of American children."
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1480418 wrote: Well that's put a smile on me face.

What kind of smile, if I could be so bold as to ask?
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Howyiz ! :wavin:

Comment

Working...
                              X