Clear All

Army Thread Friday 22nd March

If you had flown South for the Two Oceans you could have joined us, Mrs. A

Hiya Mama and JC
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1481369 wrote: If you had flown South for the Two Oceans you could have joined us, Mrs. A

Hiya Mama and JC
      Yes you are right! Could not afford the airfare ++

Glad you are getting the back sorted:l

Comment

Temptation is the last opportunity to be proud of yourself - my favourite quote. Day 5. Invited out to dinner with daughter and her new fella. Wining and dining has been my biggest problem... But! I succeeded! Stayed on the soda water even when my daughter had my fave cocktail... I can do this!

Comment

:welcome: being me and :wavin: Mollers.

I think I need to hurry up the gardener so that I can have a guilt-free nanna nap. Both our housekeeper and gardener are Zimbabwean. They have a work ethic that puts me to shame. The housekeeper holds down two jobs - she waitresses in the evenings as well.
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

mollyka;1481407 wrote: Bloody hell - born lazy I was, could never understand all this double-jobbing business! Was lunch nice? When does 'winter' kick in over there?
            Lunch was lekker - Mrs. T and the cubette had Pad Thai. Chicken and prawn respectively. I had a cashew nut and chilli stir fry. Winter proper (as proper as it gets in Saffaland) starts around mid-May: lotsa rain and daytime temps generally not exceeding 15C.
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Still snowing:upset:

Great that Joe has the house cleaned. Does he follow instructions or just gets on with it.

Tips a gardener and a housekeeper. Sounds wonderful

Comment

mollyka;1481408 wrote: I want - no I crave a gardener and a housekeeper - what wouldn't I give
                Joe decided to do all houseworky stuff this morning for some bizarre reason - told him I had to do a clean up the week after next for Jacks comin an he seemed to think that wasn't more than enough:H
                We regard the housekeeper and the gardener as our contribution to society

Unemployment in Zim is running at about 80%, and both of them have families to support. And we pay way more than minimum wage, so it doesn't feel like exploitation.
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

anon;1481411 wrote: Still snowing:upset:

Tips a gardener and a housekeeper. Sounds wonderful
                  Well, I've never seen real snow, so I kinda envy that...

The situation with domestic help is a bit of a colonial hangover, Mrs. A...
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1481414 wrote: Well, I've never seen real snow, so I kinda envy that...

The situation with domestic help is a bit of a colonial hangover, Mrs. A...
                    Yes I understand after reading your reply to Molly:goodjob:

Just been talking to one daughter on skype sitting by a pool in Oman in +30C and then the other daughter in Norway snowboarding in -14C

Hoping to get to Lindisfarne with daughter number one plus the children tomorrow.

Comment

Wow- I guess I get up too late in the morning to keep up with all of you! Work this morning, then some play time this afternoon, even though it is 35 F here today.
                      Good morning to All!
                      Tip, I also have osteo-in my hips and lower back. One thing I did discover, AL makes it hurt worse! Go figure.
                      Well, most of our comupter systems are down today, glad it will be a short day!
                      Stay Strong, evereybody!
                      BHOG
                      And what does "Lekker" mean? time to educate the Old Guy
                      BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Xpost Molly. Ditto on the cleaning husbands!

Comment

Hi BHOG!

Comment

Hiya Bhoggo

Lekker is an Afrikaans word (Afrikaans is my home language). Depending on how emphatically you pronounce it, it can mean anything from nice to great / fantastic. I can teach you to swear in Afrikaans
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Afternoon army and welcome to new one i don't we have met. Well done on not drinking while out to dinner that can tough but i have managed it in the past but not always. No let up in the weather here either wheres all this rain coming from? Haven't been out yet but this estate i live on tends to get small floods as some of the roads are hilly and dip so drainage becomes bad. Trying to dry some clotjhes on the rads. My washing machine and dryer are in a laundry room or shed almost outside the front door but nearly got drowned just going out to take the clothes in. Tipps who wouldn't want to be sitting outside a Thai restaurant on a nice day hope the osteo in the shoulder doesn't cause you too much trouble. I also have it in my lower back and hips and also in my right hand on one of fingers but not giving me too grief yet. I'm on meds for it but i'm sure years iof drinking caused some of it. Good on Joe for cleaning the house Molly. My place is in a mess specially floors which i can't do cos apart from trying to get them dry this weather my 2 cats are in and bored cos its too bad for them to go out. tried earlier and they were back in pronto. Mrs A do you think you make the trip tomorrow is for a race? Well done Rc for running in this weather. Had a nana nap myself earlier.

Comment

Firefox;1481442 wrote: Afternoon army and welcome to new one i don't we have met. Well done on not drinking while out to dinner that can tough but i have managed it in the past but not always. No let up in the weather here either wheres all this rain coming from? Haven't been out yet but this estate i live on tends to get small floods as some of the roads are hilly and dip so drainage becomes bad. Trying to dry some clotjhes on the rads. My washing machine and dryer are in a laundry room or shed almost outside the front door but nearly got drowned just going out to take the clothes in. Tipps who wouldn't want to be sitting outside a Thai restaurant on a nice day hope the osteo in the shoulder doesn't cause you too much trouble. I also have it in my lower back and hips and also in my right hand on one of fingers but not giving me too grief yet. I'm on meds for it but i'm sure years iof drinking caused some of it. Good on Joe for cleaning the house Molly. My place is in a mess specially floors which i can't do cos apart from trying to get them dry this weather my 2 cats are in and bored cos its too bad for them to go out. tried earlier and they were back in pronto. Mrs A do you think you make the trip tomorrow is for a race? Well done Rc for running in this weather. Had a nana nap myself earlier.
                                :waving: FoxyLoxy

I would also be back in pronto if I were one of your cats. Ours are all spread out over the house - they appear to be in a coma.
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X