kick start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kick start?

InChains;1482517 wrote: everybody is different, me? I know I'll fail if I stop today, but if I wait til Thursday when I have time to myself then I stand a good chance. I've done this a few times now, I know myself and I know that if I start now, and hit day 3 with work the following day? yeah I'll either pick up a drink or get myself fired.
    Sounds like a plan. Go for it friend.

Best wishes on your journey.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

kick start?

InChains;1482526 wrote: no worries kuya, I know it looks to alot of people like I'm just putting off doing this, but I'm just trying to give myself the best chance of success
      Do what YOU need to do Inchy to give yourself the best chance at succeeding. I quit on a Friday night so that I could get day 1 and the weekend over at the same time. Come Monday I was doing Okay and firm in my resolve. I think quitting on a Monday wouldn't have worked for me. You're right, we are all different, and you seem to know yourself, so do what's best for you!

p.s. I had 2 DUI's and went to jail a few times...still never hit "rock bottom". I woke up one day and said "I am NOT doing this anymore"...and that was the beginning of the end.
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

kick start?

K9, I heard something on the news this morning that I thought was appropriate....Rock bottom is wherever you STOP. True!! B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

kick start?

Byrdlady;1483408 wrote: K9, I heard something on the news this morning that I thought was appropriate....Rock bottom is wherever you STOP. True!! B
          I think the term 'rock bottom' is unhelpful as it suggests that you CANT stop till things get terrible ...... I know I could have drunk myself to death before doing anything 'terrible'.

Comment

kick start?

kuya;1483417 wrote: I think the term 'rock bottom' is unhelpful as it suggests that you CANT stop till things get terrible ...... I know I could have drunk myself to death before doing anything 'terrible'.
            But drinking yourself to death would have been terrible!!!

Maybe mine wasn't really rock bottom...more of a "I'm EFFIN' tired of this crap and I gotta change NOW" epiphany!
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

kick start?

"Rock Bottom" for me was when the graddaughter asked why there were holes in the walls.
              BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

kick start?

I've had a few rock bottoms! But last December I got drunk for 3 days that when I sobered I thought the withdrawal would kill me I had to get friends to take my kids it was crap x
                AF since 2nd Oct 2012
                Day by day

Comment

Working...
                X