X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inchys journal

not sure if you've seen this before but may be worth checking out
    UK & International Drug & Alcohol Rehab & Detox Treatment Centers
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Inchys journal

Day 2. made it.
      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Inchys journal

I'm glad you made it Inchy.

I am worried that you are just "white knuckling" it though. That may work for a while but it's not the answer. You've gotta make a decision. If alcohol still appeals to you, you're always going to be stuck.

But I am proud of you for making it through the night. What's your plan for today?
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Inchys journal

Music I find helps most at the minute is actually heavy metal, it clears my mind, the heavier the better, but not good for sleep haha.

sugar: a couple of great forum fiends of mine have found me some places in my area, haven't gone to any of them yet.

K9: I'm pretty sure alcohol will always appeal to me for as long as I find it hard to live with my own mind, but I have to try and not have it even though I often want to. I don't have a plan, so much as just eat and drink as much water as i want, and no alcohol haha

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Inchys journal

"I find it hard to live with my own mind...."

Inchy, my mind was always racing, I could never stop thinking, which prevented me from sleeping. Then, I started to meditate. Only a few minutes a day, gradually working my way up to longer periods of time. Amazing the calmness that comes from mental stillness. May I be so bold as to ask you to try, for five minutes a day to do this. It can't hurt, and could be a useful tool for you.

Thinking of you. Free
            Free at Last
            "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
            http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Inchys journal

Not so much racing mind that's the problem as my attitude towards things free, but I would be willing to try meditation if I knew how one goes about it haha

Really bitching cravings right now, put a drink in front of me and I think i'd take it. I want somebody to offer me one.

Comment

Inchys journal

tried to persuade my family to give me alcohol (because i decided being given it doesn't count as drinking... dumb yeah, I know) failed. been sober, coming up to day 3, weekend tomorrow, no intention of making it to day 4. May stop journaling as I am sick of posting hope, then failure over an over again, and it's not fair to have others read that.

Comment

Inchys journal

hey inchy,i dont want you to stop posting youre being honest,when i first came to mwo it seemed as though nearly everybody had it all sorted out,sometimes i still feel that way i feel like the only one who is still not getting it,your journal helps some of us who are struggling to know were not alone and youre not alone either,you are posting honestly and you are trying to quit it just takes a little time,youll get it i can feel it
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Inchys journal

Inchy don't worry about what's fair to others. This is your journal and if they don't want to read they don't have to. I'm sad to see how hard you're struggling, you seem to have had so much pain for someone so young.

There are a lot of people here who care about you and will help if we can. :l :h :l
                    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Inchys journal

Starting May 1st - No Drink til Download!

My new plan, a little background for ya:

what is download? Download is the biggest heavy metal festival in britain, 100,000 lunatic metallers are going to converge on donington park for 5 days of moshing, music and (probably) rain xD This will be my 4th year, and I stipulate now I fully intend to drink for those 5 days, think its a bad idea? Don't care. Download is my annual holiday and my spiritual home, normal life bites the dust and unles you've seen it you have no idea what I'm talking about - so no judging the Download drinking.

what is drinking? a disgusting habit that robs you of time, energy, self esteem and a f*ck ton of cash.

what is the plan? Starting May 1st I will not be drinking again til Download - a stint of 42 consecutive days. i will be posting here daily, seeking inspiration from all kinds of cool people (be warned, they will mostly be rock stars) and posting whatever comes into my head as worth talking about. I may post art. I may post utter crap - wait and see ladies and gents. Anybody wanna join me? sure thing. Don't like my thread? you posses a back button. use it. liberally.

much love to all, preparation has already begun, t - 3 days and counting.

-Inchy

Comment

Inchys journal

I check this thread every day to see how you are because I really hope you are ok. Not really sure how to respond to this one though. It kind of feels like a big f-you to us, but maybe I am just sensitive. I hope this is what you want. Best of luck to you.
                        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Inchys journal

Inchy, I sincerely hope you stick to your plan of staying AL free for 42 days and at that time you realize how much better your life is without it. Concerts are FUN without the alcohol. Maybe by then you can make your mind up to not drink. If you choose to drink you know you are only hurting yourself. It will be harder to get on track. Only you can live your life though. I hope you can get strong because this is a lifelong illness and it will only be more painful if you keep finding reasons to drink. Life is AWESOME without alcohol!!! I didn't think so at first but you have to rid your system of alcohol for good for the changes to take place.
                          AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Inchys journal

red67;1498300 wrote: Only you can live your life though. .
                            Inchy, Red is right. It is up to you. I apologise if my post was out of line.
                            February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Inchys journal

Wagoneer: pm'd ya

Red: I am happy to attend gigs sober, but not festivals. This is actually the one exception I have planned to have from an AF lifestyle from the start. If I find I can't manage it, I'll alter this next time round but I owe myself a try at a rather extreme form of modding before I give in completely. Thanks for your support and concern though - I can understand alarm bells ringing when I talk about drinking, especially on the level of a festival.

Comment

Inchys journal

Inchy, you are so well spoken and talented, I truly hope everything works out for you. I guess when I read stuff about people trying to drink for special occasions such as vacations or festivals, it brings up the pain of my attempts to quit. The pain is still raw after over 2 years of sobriety and I just hate to see others go thru what I did. I can't express how much better life is now, but the memories of the emptiness and pain that drinking brought me will always be there. I actually appreciate they are still with me because those memories help me stay sober and appreciate my life now even more.

Sorry to blather on, I just wanted to let you know I care how you are doing and why i answer like i do.

Much love and support to you!
                                AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Working...
                                X