Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inchys journal

Inchy :l
    I was so worried this would happen. Are you saying that you don't want to try quitting anymore? Read your signature...are you willing to waste the rest of your life? I care about you and want you to get better. Please don't pull away from us. :h
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Inchys journal

I want to quit and don't at the same time. I had... an episode i guess last night. drinking pretty heavily, self harmed a little, bit of a bad situation. Don't know really what I was thinking. got to get myself together soon, certainly can't be having too many nights at the same level.
      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Inchys journal

Hi Inchy,

For me, the thing with booze, being a major depressant, is that if we are already feeling negative in any way, or are not happy with where we are at in our lives, booze will magnify any negative dwelling thoughts a million times. We will dwell on unhappy, negative thoughts like a scratched record, repeating them over and over again, doing ourselves damage. Booze will numb us to a degree, it is mood and mind altering as we all know, and this is where it can become dangerous and life threatening, as we can put ourselves in dodgy situations we may not return from.

Take care of yourself.

Best wishes, G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Inchys journal

Ok...so it's obvious why you want to quit...now can you explain why you wouldn't want to quit? What's the positive in drinking anymore?

I'm worried about you and thinking of you my friend :l

Comment

Inchys journal

its not positive its safe, it's easy to hide from reality. Seriously finding it hard to get back to real life.

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Inchys journal

Hi Inchy thinking of ye hun and i'm here for you anytime. Al is a depressant so i hope you get yourself back to where you were before and start getting the af days under ur belt. Canu and ur other half may be try together? self harming is dangerous please try not to go there i don't know what is it you do but you don't want scars. i know you go tru a lot wit ur mum and sister i hope you find strength and support you need may be talk to ur bf when he gets back from visiting. May be you can be stronger together. I wish you the best. Sleep well tomorrow is a new day to begin. Nite hun.:l

Comment

Inchys journal

Inchy, I am so sorry to hear this. Like K9 said, this is what we were worried about when you were so insistent on drinking at download. I totally get it though and I don't blame you or look down on you. It is an important lesson that sometimes we don't get til we figure it out for ourselves. I am positive you will be able to get back on the wagon because you know that's what you need to do. You are young, smart and talented and you have a long life ahead. Maybe you could try counseling this time? I think with your family situation it might be good to talk with someone who could help you cope without drinking. You know drinking doesn't help or solve anything. You will get stronger without the alcohol and as you grow you will be able to deal with stuff you never thought possible. It happened to me and that's after 10 years of heavy drinking. Don't wait that long. You have it in you, you did 20 days already so you just have to find the way to jumpstart this anyway you can. You know we are all supporting you here.:l
                AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Inchys journal

Morning Inchy...

First off - really sorry to hear your struggling somewhat, and of yer episode. G Bloke says it as it is. Sound and friendly advice from one wise dude.

I do think for you one of the hardest aspects of this is your age - I'm 34, quit when I was 33, and THAT is pretty feckin young to quit, when still a lot of my friends - and certainly the industry i work in - use alcohol on an almost daily basis. Removing myself from that has felt like self-isolation at times. So with you, at 20 (?), this is 10 x harder because at that age drinking hard is both more accepted (we see more 20-somethings rolling about the weekend nights, than we do 40, 50 and 60 somethigs... thought it is be no means exclusive!) ... but out bodies in our 20's are also more resilient - meaning we may recover more easy, but we are too setting ourselves up for our bodies to become more resilient to the effects of AL... which leads only one way...

BUT, with youth, you have the added advantage of being a trend setter... you have youth on your side to both prove a) that YOU don't need AL and b) that no one NEEDS AL.

Yet... first things first... read G Bloke's advice again. AL is a depressant - and exacerbates what underlying negativity is there in us in the first place. You may seek to escape, but if this results in self-harming (I did this in my mid and late teens and it took me to a place i want no one to go to), then yer mind and body are only finding other ways, when under the influence, to "deal" with any negative issues. These issues, imvho, cannot be dealt satisfactorily while using AL. It aint easy - you're a pretty wise young 'un, you know this. Ask and seek out what would help you. Get sober and start talking. Give yourself the TIME and SPACE. And, as ever, just do it one day at a time.

As much as you can, use us, we ARE all wanting the VERY BEST for you. :l :l

Comment

Inchys journal

ill respond to you all in the morning, if anyodys awake i'm in trouble, i'm thinking bout cutting myself or drinking more, if anybody can talk to me...

Comment

Inchys journal

I am here Inchy...please don't do anything dangerous

Comment

Inchys journal

i'm ok k9, dont worry

Comment

Inchys journal

I am worried. What's going on?

Comment

Inchys journal

i'm behaving, just came home to some family life stuff, couldn't cope n found my home right back in the bottom of a bottle. got down again so started cutting again but not tonight

Comment

Inchys journal

Be careful honey...remember that things will get better.

Love :l:l

Comment

Inchys journal

thought i had more booze, now out, no cigarettes, feel awful

Comment

Working...
                                X