Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inchys journal

Inchy,
    I have been traveling and just now getting a decent internet connection. Am writing to see how you are doing.
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Inchys journal

It's a funny thing when you decide to get sober again, the smallest thing can come to mean so much more from one day to the next. Suddenly, I find every little reason not to drink is coming into my mind - having to text my fiance to ask where I left my wallet? Tomorrow morning I want to remember this day - and I want to keep remembering. All these little moth holes in my life, burns and scribbled out hours or days, time. Today is July 10th 2013 - and I want today to mean something. and I want to remember it.

-Inchy
      From day one.
      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Inchys journal

awesome inchy!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Inchys journal

InChains;1530517 wrote: It's a funny thing when you decide to get sober again, the smallest thing can come to mean so much more from one day to the next. Suddenly, I find every little reason not to drink is coming into my mind - having to text my fiance to ask where I left my wallet? Tomorrow morning I want to remember this day - and I want to keep remembering. All these little moth holes in my life, burns and scribbled out hours or days, time. Today is July 10th 2013 - and I want today to mean something. and I want to remember it.

-Inchy
          From day one.
          Do you know something I was always losing things when drinking alcoholically including my mind.

Since being 'sober' I have found things sometimes get lost or mislaid but 9 times out of 10 they turn up - whereas in the alcoholic days they'd be gone permanently.

Being sober means you learn to look after yourself, you can be much more responsible and you also develop faith. Sure things go wrong BUT they usually work out in the end whereas as a piss head things just had no meaning, no ending, it all just swilled around for years and years going nowhere fast.
          I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Inchys journal

Ukblonde;1530545 wrote: Do you know something I was always losing things when drinking alcoholically including my mind.

Since being 'sober' I have found things sometimes get lost or mislaid but 9 times out of 10 they turn up - whereas in the alcoholic days they'd be gone permanently.

Being sober means you learn to look after yourself, you can be much more responsible and you also develop faith. Sure things go wrong BUT they usually work out in the end whereas as a piss head things just had no meaning, no ending, it all just swilled around for years and years going nowhere fast
            UK,

What a wonderful post. Yes, it all just swilled around.

:l:l
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Inchys journal

InChains;1530517 wrote: It's a funny thing when you decide to get sober again, the smallest thing can come to mean so much more from one day to the next. Suddenly, I find every little reason not to drink is coming into my mind - having to text my fiance to ask where I left my wallet? Tomorrow morning I want to remember this day - and I want to keep remembering. All these little moth holes in my life, burns and scribbled out hours or days, time. Today is July 10th 2013 - and I want today to mean something. and I want to remember it.

-Inchy
              From day one.
              Hey Inchy

Didn't see this til now! Love your thoughts on wanting to remember this day and keep remembering :goodjob:

Just wanna wish you well xx

Comment

Inchys journal

just poppin in to wish you well too Inchy
                "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Inchys journal

so day 2 didn't happen: I got threatened physically by my brother, with a kettle in the afternoon, the rest of the day was a battle to make him get his stuff and leave because the threat was too much, in the end the stress got me and i regret it. i want to be sober but my situation seems impossible, not even as an addict but as somebody with a home life that is... way too much. i am struggling again and i hope one day to find a little peace.

-inchy

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Inchys journal

Inchy,
                    Just now back in internet connection and wanted to check in with you. Am sorry to learn that things are so stressful for you right now. Any tools you can use -- a walk, meditation, music--to help you achieve your goal of being sober? Thinking of you.
                    Free at Last

Comment

Inchys journal

on day 4, was gonna start a new positive thread but don't want to start it when i'm having a rough one. really struggling with cravings, i'm now living with my fiancee but dont have the heart to tell him how hard i'm finding this. need somebody to talk to or some advice if anybodys about

Comment

Inchys journal

Hi Inchy:

If you're in London can you pop over to the British Museum? or just hang in Hyde park for awhile and feed the geese.... Westimister Abbey is good too becasue you can walk on all the graves!! That was my favorite actually...
                        That's what I did when I lived in Hampstead...

:l

Maybe go visit the little Prince
                        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Inchys journal

not in london til september kradle, actually out in the country with my fiance and his family, can't go anywhere

Comment

Inchys journal

Inchy, just checking in. Saw that you are on day 4 AF -- that's great news. Stay close -- we are pulling for you.
                            Free at Last

Comment

Inchys journal

Hi Inchy,
                              Just poppin' in to say hi. Keep up your good work and keep posting :h
                              K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X