noticed a change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noticed a change

I just noticed something different in me since joining MWO. When I first joined about 2 months ago I was so miserable and all my posts were sad. And while reading alot of the other posts I noticed how positive and up-beat alot of you all were. Jokes, funny stories etc.. aswell as a hell of alot of comforting support given. It struck me that there was something here that i haven't got and wanted badly- Happiness, light heartedness. Eventhough you all have your terrible struggles to stay afloat, there is still a thread running through of humour. I thought, why are all these people having a laugh with eachother? This is an alcoholic support group! I could not be a part of that, i was too bogged down, drowning in my own misery. But, it is clear to me now, through this often painful journey i am taking, humour is a vital part of recovery. I am generally not a very optimistic kind of person. I wish i was. I always veer towards negativity. I think this might be changing. I find myself being drawn to the lighter side, finding light spots in the blackness. What a breakthrough Eh?!! Anyway, I wanted to share this with you as I have been 41 days AF now and I think thats why I feel like this. I hope this forum stays for a long time - i really do. Hope you are all having a good Monday. Love, Bella xxx

noticed a change

Thanks Bella and every one else. I've noticed a change with in myself also. I've have had a few AF days which is my goal,but after taking sup's doing cd's and now on topa for a month the days I do drink the amount is greatly reduced. And I dont feel hopeless. Some how deep inside I know something has or is changing for the better. Hard to put into words but know its good. So going to continute with program and this site. Again thanks to all. Tom

Comment

noticed a change

Hi Bella, Congratulations on 41 days AF, that is a fantastic achievement...

I agree, this forum is filled with madcap humour, gentle joshing and gut busting funny posts.. You have just discovered one of the secrets on this journey, humour.... We all feel down from time to time and there is nothing better than logging on here and reading or even joining in with a funny post, you can't help but be cheered up by it...

You say that when you joined us you were filled with misery and all your posts were sad.... Well of course they were, your body and mind were filled with alcohol, now after 41 days and no alcohol your body is reacting to this by rewarding you.. Its starting to feel normal again, especially if you are taking any supps and vitamins and eating a healty diet...

Imagine your body being in the dark depths of winter.... You decide to stop drinking, that is like planting a seed in the cold winter soil.... You rush outside every morning to see if the seed is growing yet, its not, you become disappointed, but, you persevere and wait.... You look after it carefully by watering and feeding it.... Then one glorious spring morning you suddenly see that little seed has put forth a shoot and a few baby leaves, that is where you are at now.... In a few more weeks that seed will have grown even stronger, the roots will go right down into the ground, in a few months time it will stand tall and proud and people will admire it and praise you for growing such a beautiful plant, all the hard work will have been worth it..

You are doing so well, carry on..

Love, Louise xx
      A F F L..
      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

noticed a change

Why do all your posts always make me feel 1000 times better Louise!!!! You really do have a brilliant way with words. So much thought has gone into what you have written, and I think you might be right! thankyou Irishlady and Tomolds from the bottom of my heart. B xx

Comment

noticed a change

I agree with Bella Louise - they were really lovely words & incredibly inspiring too.

x

Comment

noticed a change

The humor here and the empathy offered makes me feel much more positive. Also, because I am logging on daily I feel happy that I am being proactive, trying to keep myself in check...When I hear that one of more of you has had success that inspires me. And when I hear that someone has slipped and everyone is here to help pick that person up so he/she can begin again, that reassures me. Thank you Roberta, the brainchild behind all of this!

Julie

Comment

noticed a change

As my 8 year old would say: "This place Rocks"

Cashy
              "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

noticed a change

Well done Bella - 41 days WOWEEE. I try to log on every couple of days and really feel I'm missing something when I can't.
                Irish, do you draft your responses first or just write as you feel? You really are an inspiration. Thank you.

Lorna
                Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

noticed a change

Hi Bella,
                  I was the same way when I came here and then when I started feeling better I realized that humor was one of the best things I could do for myself. I look forward to coming here everyday for a laugh and already today I have found a good one on the boards. Geesh. I also know that when I am having a tough time I can get the support I need and also offer others support. It's just a great place.
                  Congrats on your AF days and as always Louise you put everything so perfectly!
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

noticed a change

Bella,
                    Before coming to this sight I was literally at the end of my rope. I can't even begin to tell you all the incredibly stupid things I have done. I have slipped a couple of times, but coming here gives me the the desire to pick back up and start over. Luvuall...

Comment

Working...
                    X