Army Thread Thursday 28th March 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:hallo: We've arrived safely. Setting is srunning. Sitting on patio with cup of Rooibos, looking at the sea.

A bit tired after the drive. Lotsa traffic. Took4 hours.

On shagginphone. Will see if I get a signal on the lappy later.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Afternoon

Sorry for your loss waggy. Hope the funeral goes as well as can be expected and well done on your nearly-30 days. Good to hear you're feeling better too. You're up very early.

So we have JC knitting beanies and now inchy printing T shirts. Is there no end to the army's talents?

Hope the one on one goes well zenny.

Best of luck with the MOT sweetie. My old banger is 14 already and still passes every year without any probs. It's got a bit of corrosion on the wheel arches though, so it might not last too many more years.

tiptronic_ct;1484100 wrote: :hallo: We've arrived safely. Setting is srunning. Sitting on patio with cup of Rooibos, looking at the sea.
      Afternoon tips. Sounds idyllic. Had to google rooibos....red bush...another entry for JC's Afrikaans/English dictionary.

Comment

I missed Waggy's post somehow this morning? Condolences for the family member Waggy... and well done on the 30 days despite all the stuff you've had going on... xxx

Comment

I just got a message from Whizzy to post to you guys:

"Having wonderful family time. Playing board games, cards and collecting driftwood for the fire. Very cold and blizzard conditions. Hope everyone in the army having a positive af time!!"

Comment

Evening army well it turned nice and sunny this afternoon still cold but the sun made such a differance and the temps went up a bit. Well done on graduationg from the IOP Zen and to Inchy on the t-shirts. Thats sounds so nice Tipps to be sitting outside watching the sea. I hope you have a lovely break. Off to sort out some dinner be back later on.:wavin:

Comment

A late hello, ARMY!
              I was up and out of the house early this AM, lots to do before I came into work. this is myh "late day," i work 10 AM to 8 PM. so you might catch me on here late today!
              Best to all,
              Stay Strong
              BHOG
              BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Cough, cough leave yous alone for 5 minutes and only 21 posts. :shocked:
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'M BACK. Feckin EIRCOM - swear to God :mad-door:. off for read back.
                  Where's everyone ????

Comment

I'm tired............again.

Son and heir home again. Does he ever work, feels like it was 10 mins since he was last here.

We're going into the orifice this weekend so I can earn a few more pennies and himself can catch up on some filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1484164 wrote: howr'yiz??? I'm here - just on the back of a rather surreal convo. with teenager -- sweetness and fucking light????? Oh - sorry, it's the weekend...... felt like boxing the little fucker --- anyway - he's gone now, so gonna relax with the oul lad for a couple of days!
                      What's the plans for weekend lads??
                      Well Holy Catholic Ireland my bum!!!
                      The UK office & most of feckin' Europe are off tomorrow - but NO - us here in Ireland it's a normal day !!!

Comment

JackieClaire;1484165 wrote: I'm tired............again.

Son and heir home again. Does he ever work, feels like it was 10 mins since he was last here.

We're going into the orifice this weekend so I can earn a few more pennies and himself can catch up on some filing.
                        Took Molls advice JC and getting B12 & Thyroid checked next Thursday. GymJohn said yep DEFFO get done to rule it out !!

Comment

I am knackered all the time. Ok in work if kept busy - like last few days - but die when I get home & sit. My eyes now are stinging, Not really normal stuff. So off I go!:goodjob:

Comment

I've got me B12.

Oooooh I thinks I need a weekend in Dubbers and a few days in Scotland.

So you haven't got Good Friday off. I thought the world and his family took the day.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1484172 wrote: HOLY SHIT AGAIN!!!! MY ADVICE????!!!! First time in 56 yrs anyone ever took my advice bout a medical matter --- ya must be BARKING:H
                              HOWLING at the moon.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1484172 wrote: HOLY SHIT AGAIN!!!! MY ADVICE????!!!! First time in 56 yrs anyone ever took my advice bout a medical matter --- ya must be BARKING:H
                                You got me thinking down that road. It was the hands & feet thing - 'cos that was the strange thing I thought.
                                Casually said it to girl in work & YEP she has had thyroid problems & B12 issues. Pains in hands & feet and very tired. I was AMAZED. I don't talk to this girl very often - but we were on a job together on Tuesday - spooky

Comment

Working...
                                X