Years???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Years???

I was watching a movie the other night(Muriel's wedding) that I've seen several times. But I couldn't remember all of it. I guessed I was always drunk when watching it before. which made me think.
    hours of being drunk=days=months=years.
    After 20 years of heavy drinking I wonder if I were to string them from end to end how many consecative years was I drunk?!! That's scary! how much of life I missed because of being drunk. Things that make you go hmmm
    Mary

Years???

hmm, that is scary mary, ive been drunk for twenty years too and its not a nice thought.

Comment

Years???

OUCH! That hurts my head just thinking about it. So much wasted time (literally!!!).
      Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Years???

Mary - WOW!!! OK, the positive that can come from this thread is like having alzheimers most movies are new to me if I watched them after 10pm first time around. . . .OUCH is right DidIt!

Comment

Years???

the worse thing discussing with work friends what we were going to watch that night & then as I was too pis*ed to remember the next day having to feign some excuse why I hadn't seen it...........so much nicer now I can converse with them how rubbish or good it was.

xx

Comment

Years???

Yes, things that make you go hmmmm/ things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm

Lorna
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Years???

It is like waking up after a LONG sleep.

Comment

Years???

Hi Simey

I can relate to that..in my case alcohol makes me tired so I wouldnt even want to watch a film that i had to concentrate on...now I,m off to the cinema catching up and loving it.

i hate it too when in general my memory isnt good...probably due to ashrivelled brain (cerebral atrophy maybe) My dad had that from alcohol induced dementia. I work in a health setting ( a bit of a cheek considering my problem I know!)..I watch patients come in with so many alcohol related illnesses, liver, pancreas, diabetes, depression , poor circulation etc and those that chose to share all tell me how sad they are that they feel it was due to the booze!!

I really want to see my grandchildren gro up and continue to have fun with them(thankfully they have never seen me drink..as I,m one of those sneaky functioning types that drink at 9pm or later and never more than 2 drinks at family functions when the kids are around)

I just dont want to get an illness that is completely alcohol related... i would probably die from the shame...another reason I am pushing myself to change hopefully. At least now I feel If i get ill i can hold my head up , own my problem BUT believe I am trying to do something about it.

donkeys years of boozing may have taken their toll..but yesterday i slapeed on the makeup a new outfit and felt good.

i am off work today so picking up my grandaughter from school..then we cook some biscuits...(she is 5 years old) and play doliies etc. Later to keep fit class ..home after 8 ..haldf hour on this site to keep me motivated ...bliss..no booze planned.

i might even watch TV and remeber the whole plot...I pray daily in hope and thanksgiving.

good luck to you all

Regards Cassy

Comment

Years???

Cassy, I can relate to a lot of what your saying. I was having episodes where I would loose the sight in my right eye. Extremly blurred. Couldn't read a billboard. Doctor thought mini stroke so I had a ct scan, I picked up the films to take to my doctor so I read the notes on them it said looked normal except for mild cerebal atropy. I was scared to death. My doctor said it happpens with age. He didn't know how much I drank. Turns out I was having occular miagrains but a wake up call none the less. I have a 5 year old Grandson who means the world to me; So I can understand trying to be the best for them. My father was an alcoholic had diabetes and lost both legs. We can do just so much better than what we have before.
                  Take care
                  Mary

Keep on with the new clothes and new attitude. Looks good on You!

Comment

Working...
                  X