I've let myself down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've let myself down

Bella, please don't beat yourself up over this.. Try to think positive thoughts, look back over the last weeks at how well you have done... Try to think back to this afternoon when your friends came round.. Why did you open that wine??? Did something trigger it??? If so, then next time try to remember that and take avoidance measures.... Don't have alcohol in the house if possible, offer friends a cup of tea or a soft drink, do anything which will help you, but, we won't let you give up trying... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED..

Love, Louise xxx
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

I've let myself down

Bella,
      First thank you so much for posting!!!! Thank you so much for your honesty and candor. Just that act helped me so very much! It seems we are all subject to these moments - or days of intense feelings self deprecation. Sometimes the intense feelings come first and sometimes the lapse into drinking comes first. We are all so very vulnerable to either of these attacks.

Such wonderful words of encouragement and good advice here and all because we know how close we all are to being in the exact same spot you are. I am just back on line after 10 days traveling around Italy with my son and his girlfriend and I was so tempted - so close to caving at least three times throughout the trip. So close to hating my son's girlfriend...The feelings you are having are so close to the feelings I was having. Together we can do what we cannot do alone. I thought often of this group during my trip. Of the hope and support you provide... this helped be. Thanks to all of you- and thank you again Bella for your bright clear honesty.

You will be just fine.
      Riv

Comment

I've let myself down

Bella- I'm sorry you are so down on yourself at the moment. You are most definately not at square one! One slip does not negate all the progress you have made in the past weeks.That really doesn't make sense if you think about it.
        Just use this as a learning experiance. The worst thing to do at this point is to let yourself
        fall into a pit of self depracation. I really think that that is a huge factor in many people's struggle to get over this ( at least with me). You feel so bad that you messed up that I think you don't feel like you deserve to just forget about it and move forward. Somehow you feel like you have to punish yourself. But you don't! You are a wonderful person trying to overcome an extremely difficult problem and you have made huge progress. Try to figure out why it happened and move on. Tomorrow is a new day and the past is behind you. You will feel much better tomorrow. Take Care .Aquamarine
        NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
        AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

I've let myself down

Thanks for posting that Bella. Hopefully by now you will KNOW you are DEFO NOT back to square one, if you were you would not be here with us all and posting. You are LOVELY!! Yes hubby was an arse doing that, when it happened to me I felt like my brain was exploding with indignation! It may be that he really just doesn't understand us, he may think that by pouring it down the sink it would stop you, only we know it doesn't work like that, doesn't work like that at all. Hope you are feeling better by the time you read these posts. Big hugs to you.

Lorna
          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

I've let myself down

As I quoted on another thread,

"Though there are many paths at the bottom of the mountain, all those who reach the top see the same moon!"

It doesn't matter how you get there - as long as you keep on keeping on!

Satori
            xxx
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

I've let myself down

Bella,
              I can feel for you as I am in a similar situation. I don't know what made me think I could moderate myself. It seems as though once I get started I can't stop. I feel so depressed.
              So I came here, and the poem you posted made me cry and I think I needed that!! Thank you!!

Our loved ones may mean well but sometimes good intentions can hurt!
              AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
              Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Working...
              X