X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The house that G built.

Day 60

Day 60.

Racking em up like a string of pearls. Er, not that i like to wear pearls, just metaphorically speaking you understand.

A working weekend here for me. Good job i like the work and work with a good crew. Gotta pay the ferryman. The feelings good. Daily Gratitude list done, followed by a little meditation/breathing. Taking my drugs (coffee), and soon off into the day.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober and magical weekend wherever youse are. :h

Think positive, and keep going. There is no failure. My only way out is through. L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

The house that G built.

Congratulations, friend! The pearls look great! Great job on your 60!
      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
      AF 11/12/11

Comment

The house that G built.

Thanks Pinecone!

Hope you're getting a nice break over the festive season.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

The house that G built.

I agree, lovely pearls. Congratulations Mr. G. 60 days is a marvelous accomplishment - thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Comment

The house that G built.

Congratulations on the fantastic string of days Mr. G.

When you're able to put down your music into the digital format I'm all ears.

I have a little tascam digital 4 track that I've never been able to figure out but I'm still trying. I'm all over the place right now musically, been working on western swing and also flamenco, gypsy kind of stuff. Feeling like I'm a half ass at every style but not really good at any. I guess I need to focus but having a lot of fun in the process. Cold here in the states, wish I was where you are Mr. G.
            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

The house that G built.

Thanks Pav and A Dub.

How are you doing there Pav?

Digital 4 track A dub? Nice. Should be real easy to get working. Have you tried googling 'beginners guide to tascam 4 track' etc? I bet you'll find some boffin has uploaded an easy to follow guide on you tube. This is what i do sometimes for new ways to program keys/drums with my software. I prefer live real drums of course, but interesting to play around with. I love the flamenco angle! :goodjob:

Working today (sunday) so off into it. Take care y'all.

L8tr, Yo!

Comment

The house that G built.

G,

Will definitely google and see what information is out there, I'd love to use the equipment but the manual is so damn unfriendly for an untech savvy person like myself. I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from - I get fantastic musical ideas that need to be recorded at the moment and if they don't there's a 99-100% they get lost forever.
                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

The house that G built.

allswell;1601612 wrote: G,

Will definitely google and see what information is out there, I'd love to use the equipment but the manual is so damn unfriendly for an untech savvy person like myself. I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from - I get fantastic musical ideas that need to be recorded at the moment and if they don't there's a 99-100% they get lost forever.
                  Make it so A Dub! With you tube, it's Easy peasy.

The best of the best of good mornings from downunder all. Sky becoming blue, and a bit cool here for summer, but i can't complain. Sobriety seems to curtail my whinging......just a little. Except for road rage. I LOVE yelling and screaming in traffic at no-one in particular.

Feeling good here. Wishing everyone a joyous and peaceful one out there.

Niner, your hair looks great. A bit punk rawk!

L8tr, and take care of you y'all. Yo!

Comment

The house that G built.

Day 66!

Greetings y'all,

Well, christmas is done and dusted, and had a nice one here. Survived! Hope everyone is doing okay. New years eve is next, but i'm not concerned. I will be sober throughout. I reckon i'm gonna find a party to go to, drive myself, arrive late, leave early and mix it up with some folk. We'll see. I could just as easily spend it quietly at home. It will be so cool being able to drive to and from a party NYE when taxi's etc. will be flat out like a lizard drinking.

Catching up with some old mates for lunch today. Soul food.

Have a beeewdy out there all. Think positive.

Comment

The house that G built.

Day 68

Greetings from a fairly peaceful sunday morning in Oz at the beach pad.

Day 68, and it's feeling like a slow grind the last couple of days. A couple of dangerous moments this past week, but i've resisted the urge and remained sober and consequently happier. This is the time when i just need to do the slog, the hard yards. This is the time to push through, as i know my only way out is through, not around or over, but THROUGH. I know my feelings/outlook/perspective will change, and for me that happens through sticking with my daily plan, and remembering and reflecting on my reasons for turfing the turps, and throw in a bit of that thing called time.

Done my gratitude list and small meditation this morning. Having a coffee and a bit of a cruise around the www, then a snack and a run and swim down the beach. One foot in front of the other and getting out the front door and not letting negative thinking start to get a hold. A sticking to the basics day for me, and pushing through in workmanlike fashion. Ya just gotta get through this day.

Hope all are having a beaut weekend. L8tr, Yo!

Comment

The house that G built.

Hi, G--

I love your posts - they sum up quite nicely the good, the bad and the ugly about this process.

Your description sounds like you're running a marathon and you're at mile 18 (I don't run marathons, but isn't that the slog mile time?), feeling like you want to quit, like it would be so much easier not to quit, but tapping into your rational mind, knowing that if you push through this muck you'll get that release of endorphins to help you finish the race. Anyway - I really appreciate this post today.

I'm jealous that you're running and swimming on the beach - sounds lovely. Enjoy your day and keep up that attitude of gratitude that you like to spread around here. It helps us all!

Comment

The house that G built.

Thanks Pav,

I like your analogy. I hope you're good and having a great weekend my friend.

Attitude of gratitude.

Comment

The house that G built.

This is brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NHHPNMIK-fY[/video]]Lessons from the Mental Hospital: Glennon Doyle Melton at TEDxTraverseCity - YouTube

Comment

The house that G built.

Good morning y'all from the beach pad.

It's 69'er's all round down here today. Day 69. Slogging along, but i am optimistic and positive. I have some family business to take care of today, so i'm a little nervous, but it'll be ok. Delivering presents and my presence to neice and nephews and SIL today. Feeling awkward and guilty as i haven't really been there for them the last 20 years or so because guess what?.....yep, i've been a drunk. Time to slowly try to repair that and rebuild some trust. I know this will take a long time, and that's if they're open to this. Oh well, i'm thinking the least i can do is to just turn up, and that's what i will do today. Will report back tomorrow.

Have a good one out there.

Comment

The house that G built.

Hey MrG and good work on Day 69 :goodjob:

Best wishes for going to visit yer SIL and kids, I'd imagine they will be very happy to see you xx

Comment

Working...
                                X