Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The house that G built.

Guitarista;1497074 wrote:
    To get humbled. To throw myself out there amongst the crowd and loudly pronounce.....(I am the messiah! joking)..... I surrender. I will do what it takes to take back my life. I am an alcoholic, and I know I always will be. And that's okay. Deal with it Gman, and i am. The nest to me symbolises back to basics. A simple, supported, back to basics approach using our toolbox, and using the inspirational journey's of many in the nest as my strength. I will draw on the gutsy and glorious examples set by brave newbies (and longer termers) in the nest who were much like I was when I first got sober. For now, it's all about me, and the healing game. Soon enough though, I will be strong again, and will give back.
    Day 6.
    I think this is a beautiful.

Please give us a ring when the sauna is up and ready for a visit, k? P.
    "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

The house that G built.

Guitarista;1497074 wrote:
      To get humbled. To throw myself out there amongst the crowd and loudly pronounce.....(I am the messiah! joking)..... I surrender. I will do what it takes to take back my life. I am an alcoholic, and I know I always will be. And that's okay. Deal with it Gman, and i am. The nest to me symbolises back to basics. A simple, supported, back to basics approach using our toolbox, and using the inspirational journey's of many in the nest as my strength. I will draw on the gutsy and glorious examples set by brave newbies (and longer termers) in the nest who were much like I was when I first got sober. For now, it's all about me, and the healing game. Soon enough though, I will be strong again, and will give back.
      Day 6.
      Love it. You sound solid G. :thumbsup I just want to add, you do give back & it is much appreciated.

Please give a ring when the sauna is up and ready for a visit, k? P.

Oh, and HAPPY 1 WEEK/7 DAYS!!!! :licked: YOU GOT THIS.
      "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

Comment

The house that G built.

Persephone1;1497121 wrote: Love it. You sound solid G. I just want to add, you do give back & it is much appreciated.

Please give a ring when the sauna is up and ready for a visit, k? P.

Oh, and HAPPY 1 WEEK/7 DAYS!!!! :licked: YOU GOT THIS.
        Will do Persephone, but be warned. There may be some unscrupulous characters lurking about wearing tassles.

Day 6 almost over.

Congratulations on 3months AF! :wd::bday3::band2:

:disco:

Are you getting excited about your upcoming trip?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

The house that G built.

Yo G!

You got this man...and when you feel like you don't got this...hey, we have your back!! Stay close to us ok Mister G?? (aka Messiah! LOL)

The Newbies Nest is a great place to be reminded of where we all started, where some are still at, and where others have remained to keep the new ones strong.

Pull up a twig and get comfy under our wings...we got you G!!!
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

The house that G built.

K9Lover;1497374 wrote: Yo G!

You got this man...and when you feel like you don't got this...hey, we have your back!! Stay close to us ok Mister G?? (aka Messiah! LOL)

The Newbies Nest is a great place to be reminded of where we all started, where some are still at, and where others have remained to keep the new ones strong.

Pull up a twig and get comfy under our wings...we got you G!!!
            You're an absolute treasure Niner. I don't care that your cornbread doesn't always reach the table in one piece.

Day 7. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

The house that G built.

Guitarista;1497228 wrote: Will do Persephone, but be warned. There may be some unscrupulous characters lurking about wearing tassles.Can't wait! :H

Guitarista;1497228 wrote:

Congratulations on 3months AF! :wd::bday3::band2:

:disco:

Are you getting excited about your upcoming trip?
              Thank you for your grand support and friendship :l

I am getting excited and putting together a 'plan' of delicious therapies: spa, mineral baths, hiking in the canyons, acupuncture, All with my my darling daughter, whom I miss terribly. This will be perfect ~ Thanks for asking.

How bout you? You have any plans for the weekend besides slaving away at the house? Whatever it is, I hope you have a Fab weekend! P.

Comment

The house that G built.

I've just checked in.
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

The house that G built.

Well Sarge...Techie....better late than never. Now the party can REALLY start!!!
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

The house that G built.

I'm glad you're back laying those bricks again Mr G. :goodjob:

Forgot to ask before, but would you like a little veggie patch :strawberry: :leaf: in this groovy doovy :butterfly: place of yours? If you have a little patch of spare ground I could start getting one going for you if you like. :flower::sun:.
                    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

The house that G built.

Guitarista;1496578 wrote: Hey DG! :h

Well, my plan is this.

K.I.S.S. which means.......Keep it simple stupid!

Mindfulness. i.e. Living in the moment, and not dwelling on the past, or the future, but appreciating and enjoying the here and now.

Making peace with my past. Which isn't that horrendous.

Continue to cultivate an attitude of gratitude every day.

Taking daily action towards my goals. The smallest of small steps are okay.

Continue to exercise which is a habit I have long had and love, so no difficulty there.

Meditation and daily self reflection.

Continue to eat nutritious food, which thankfully is a routine I've long had.

Grow my dopey mind a little more. More reading G man!

Relax and enjoy the ride.

There is no tomorrow, and no yesterday. There is only today. So one day at a time in everything I do.

Have a beeewdy out there everyone.
                      All power to you G, as you say KISS! :l
                      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

The house that G built.

Hello Mr. G,

I went almost a year completely sober in 2012 then came back to America from a trip to Thailand and unbuckled. I can read my own emotions with the why's, why not's, and wtf's in the posts you write. This might be another beginning, and we might be a few days sober, but we are not in that dark place we were when we started this journey. We don't have that hopeless pit inside anymore, we know what we need to do and we know that positive place right around the corner is where we need to stay. I'm excited to get this thing started in earnest.
                        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

The house that G built.

Persephone1;1497449 wrote:

How bout you? You have any plans for the weekend besides slaving away at the house? Whatever it is, I hope you have a Fab weekend! P.
                          Thanks P. I'm actually working this weekend, not music, but day gig, which is interesting anyway.

Glass Half Empty;1497496 wrote: I'm glad you're back laying those bricks again Mr G.

Forgot to ask before, but would you like a little veggie patch :strawberry: :leaf: in this groovy doovy :butterfly: place of yours? If you have a little patch of spare ground I could start getting one going for you if you like. :flower::sun:.
                          Thanks Glassy. Veggie patch sounds grand. Go for it!

FreeFly;1497506 wrote:
                          All power to you G, as you say KISS! :l
                          Nice to see you FF. How are you going there?

allswell;1497524 wrote:
                          Hello Mr. G,

I went almost a year completely sober in 2012 then came back to America from a trip to Thailand and unbuckled. I can read my own emotions with the why's, why not's, and wtf's in the posts you write. This might be another beginning, and we might be a few days sober, but we are not in that dark place we were when we started this journey. We don't have that hopeless pit inside anymore, we know what we need to do and we know that positive place right around the corner is where we need to stay. I'm excited to get this thing started in earnest.
                          This is fairly true for me too AW. I know where I want to be and what to do to get there. But! I am not fooled. I also know that I could be back in the hell I dragged myself from in a very short time. But that's not where I want to go. I also have to be aware and respectful of my self destructive/self sabotage side, like many of us.

Day 7 in the hole. I got a moon from the Nest! I am humbled and honoured.

Yo Techie!

Comment

The house that G built.

Glass Half Empty;1497496 wrote: I'm glad you're back laying those bricks again Mr G. :goodjob:

Hey GHE - I already offered a veggie patch - let's collaborate! NoSugar and I will be wanting lots of fresh ingredients for the gourmet real food meals we'll be serving up.
                            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

The house that G built.

Siren136;1497709 wrote: Hey GHE - I already offered a veggie patch - let's collaborate! NoSugar and I will be wanting lots of fresh ingredients for the gourmet real food meals we'll be serving up.
                              Glass and Siren - if Mr G. Likes them, we need Brussels Sprouts! The Deconstructed BS I posted yesterday turned out to be really good!

:h NS

Comment

The house that G built.

Hey No sugar and Siren!

Gourmet real food AND brussell sprouts? I'm in heaven. I am a big fan of brussel sprouts and spinach.

Early sunday morning in Melbourne town. All good here. Got a gig tonight filling in on guitar with a mate's band. It'll be ace!

Looking good on Day 8. Even my toupe's starting to look natural.

Speaking of toupe's, where's Bald bloke? How are you doing buddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X