The house that G built.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The house that G built.

NoraC;1507877 wrote: Taking it easy today. Feels great.
    Well look after yourself. :l

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

The house that G built.

Siren136;1507876 wrote: OOOOO!!! Which martial arts do you do, G? I love people watching! Have a great day!
      Hiya Siren,

I am a Shaolin master. No, just joking.

Wing chun. I trained in this style years ago for a year or so, and I love everything about it. It speaks to me and the concepts makes a lot of sense. So, I can afford to get back into it again. I'm a beginner ultimately, but it feels natural. All sorts of benefits and applications in everyday life.

And you?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

The house that G built.

Guitarista;1507888 wrote: Hiya Siren,

I am a Shaolin master. No, just joking.

Wing chun. I trained in this style years ago for a year or so, and I love everything about it. It speaks to me and the concepts makes a lot of sense. So, I can afford to get back into it again. I'm a beginner ultimately, but it feels natural. All sorts of benefits and applications in everyday life.

And you?
        I haven't heard of Wing Chun. I'll check it out. I have been doing krav maga for going on 6 years now. It's not a true martial art but it's martial art-esque. And I just started Brazillian Jiujitsu this year.
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

The house that G built.

Hi Y'all,

Cool stuff Siren. Like Capoleira I think is the spelling?

Off to the coalface. Today I have a work issue that will be addressed. I am tipping a positive outcome for all, but I will be on my toes re allowing myself to be emotionally de-railed by the process. I'll check in later today with how i'm feeling, and will force myself to check in if i'm not feeling too stable. Should be ok, but will be a test to be sure.

Take care everyone.

Day 9 Yo!

Comment

The house that G built.

Good luck dear G, hope it all works for the best at the office.

Like Siren I'm a big fan of Krav Maga. I like the dual components of fitness and self defense which unfortunately is necessary in this day. I'm also building an edible landscape so I guess I'm definitely attracted to dual purpose!

Keep building G!
            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

The house that G built.

Thinking of you, dear Mr. G. You are the Rock And The Roll which help build all our success.

Good luck with the work issue. Will send Daimoku (Buddhist prayer) for your total victory!

:h:l
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

The house that G built.

Hiya G-man. Thinking about your conversation with management today. I hope it all turns out well and you are proven to be correct (even if no one admits it to you).
                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

The house that G built.

Thanks A dub, Kradle and Siren for your well wishes,

All good. The meeting was a bit touch and go, as I think one of the 4 manager types wanted to throw the book at me, but thankfully common sense prevailed and we had a 'win win' outcome. Yay! Glad that's over and done with.

Will have a look at Krav maga.....

Comment

The house that G built.

Guitarista;1508401 wrote: Thanks A dub, Kradle and Siren for your well wishes,

All good. The meeting was a bit touch and go, as I think one of the 4 manager types wanted to throw the book at me, but thankfully common sense prevailed and we had a 'win win' outcome. Yay! Glad that's over and done with.

Will have a look at Krav maga.....
                    I'm glad it went well for you!

Lol! Yes, well - krav comes in quite handy as far as intimidation goes. I took a work buddy with me to a class once and - long story short - got carried away and head-butted him. He was fine with it and we joke about it but he made sure to tell his colleagues and they pretty much do what I ask these days.

Comment

The house that G built.

Siren136;1508426 wrote: I'm glad it went well for you!

Lol! Yes, well - krav comes in quite handy as far as intimidation goes. I took a work buddy with me to a class once and - long story short - got carried away and head-butted him. He was fine with it and we joke about it but he made sure to tell his colleagues and they pretty much do what I ask these days.
                      Yes Mam!

Comment

The house that G built.

We have a Krav mag here too. I had a look at their site. Looks like a practical, no frills self defence that is intuitive and easy to apply?

Comment

The house that G built.

Guitarista;1508433 wrote: We have a Krav mag here too. I had a look at their site. Looks like a practical, no frills self defence that is intuitive and easy to apply?
                          Yes, that's right. There are no rules in krav maga. They teach you some techniques to handle attackers with knives, guns, sticks, etc but when it comes down to it they teach you to survive an attack and escape, doing as much damage to your attacker as is needed to get away. I absolutely love it. And I get to punch and kick thick pads on a regular basis which is great for stress relief.

Comment

The house that G built.

Siren136;1508435 wrote: Yes, that's right. There are no rules in krav maga. They teach you some techniques to handle attackers with knives, guns, sticks, etc but when it comes down to it they teach you to survive an attack and escape, doing as much damage to your attacker as is needed to get away. I absolutely love it. And I get to punch and kick thick pads on a regular basis which is great for stress relief.
                            I love it. Makes sense to me. Did you have a chance to look at Wing chun kung fu?

That's very practical too, and not many high kicks if at all, centreline theory punches and kicks....i.e. usually straight punches are faster than a hook etc, but lot's more...

Comment

The house that G built.

Guitarista;1508438 wrote: I love it. Makes sense to me. Did you have a chance to look at Wing chun kung fu?

That's very practical too, and not many high kicks if at all, centreline theory punches and kicks....i.e. usually straight punches are faster than a hook etc, but lot's more...
                              Yes, I did have a look but I need to really read into it and maybe see some demos to wrap my head around how it might be different from krav. But I liked the overall simplicity that it seems to embrace. Just had a quick google and no schools very close to me unfortunately. It seems like krav and wing chun would complement each other.

Comment

The house that G built.

Siren136;1508441 wrote: Yes, I did have a look but I need to really read into it and maybe see some demos to wrap my head around how it might be different from krav. But I liked the overall simplicity that it seems to embrace. Just had a quick google and no schools very close to me unfortunately. It seems like krav and wing chun would complement each other.
                                We can spar one day and find out. As long as I can wear full body armour! :H

Comment

Working...
                                X