No announcement yet.

The house that G built.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They keep adding up don't they G - on your way to 110 now!
    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Yes indeed SL. Thanks. Hope you're good.

Day 105. Next stop.......6 months.

L8tr g8tr's.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Those days are really flying by Mr G.
        ONYA Mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
          Those days are really flying by Mr G.
          ONYA Mate.
          Thanks Rags! Hope all's good with you.

Must be day 108 but i ask yis, who's counting.

Sunny here. Off for a swim and light jog. 15k City to sea run on sunday. Yeaah.

Take it easy out there punters.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

keep it going!
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Thanks Sam! Good to see ya. Will do.

Top of the morning from a blustery beach pad. Today i will select my toupe very carefully. (The GTX sports model i picked up last year in Brussels i reckon).

Must be day 109 but who's counting.

Take it easy.

Comment

Good luck on that run G..sounds like quite a challenge
                “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Originally posted by See the Light View Post
                  Good luck on that run G..sounds like quite a challenge
                  Thanks STL. Yep, a bit of a challenge given that i haven't got as many runs in as i'd like to have leading up to it, but i'll take it easy and enjoy the race. Sat night here, and 8.20 a.m. start tomorrow, so up early to get a bus into town to the starting line. I'm entrant # 13,000 and something, so a few entrants!

Meeting up with a friend at a cafe on the finish line at the beach so a refreshing swim after the race will be the go.

Half hourly updates on twitter, instagram, reddit, tumbler @gman#g

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Have fun tomorrow Mr G, you may be swimming the race the way the weather has turned now.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by available View Post
                      Have fun tomorrow Mr G, you may be swimming the race the way the weather has turned now.
                      Thanks Ava.

Yeah, i haven't looked at tomorrows forecast yet, but doesn't bother me. The only potential hiccup are my old running shoes that are coming apart on top near the laces. lol. Let's hope they hold together tomorrow. I reckon this run will be the end of them. New shoes would've taken too long to wear in.

Hope you're doing okay there my friend. Take care of yourself.

Comment

Byrd recommends tape and more tape if i remember correctly. Just an 80% chance of rain for tomorrow.

Im fine and dandy, just writing my 1 year speech and damn its going to be long ha ha. A year is a long time and well i like a waffle.

Job interview for me on Monday, closer to home, less money but in the mental health arena. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Fab stuff on the job front, not to mention your upcoming milestone! I remember i went for my current job in mental health when i was 6 months sober. I was looking great, feeling great, confident, relaxed, enthusiastic, and i kicked arse. Thing is my biggest boost came from my sobriety and the self confidence that gave me. All the best with it. I reckon you'll do well.

Comment

Confidence and sobriety go hand in hand don't they G? Since I have quit my confidence must be going up. I can tell with my job. I have been doing So well at work and have become one of the most valuable people on this job. I guess it does make a difference not coming to work hungover all the time.

Hey G man, have a great day!
                            Last edited by narilly; November 15, 2014, 12:14 PM.
                            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by narilly View Post
                              Confidence and sobriety go hand in hand don't they G? Since I have quit my confidence must be going up. I can tell with my job. I have been doing So well at work and have become one of the most valuable people on this job. I guess it does make a difference not coming to work hungover all the time.

Hey G man, have a great day!
                              Hey Narilly,

Right on. My work performance, enthusiasm, energy and general vibe are markedly different. So much better in every area. I look much better, feel much better because of it, and engage with people more mindfully and am much more in the moment and present. I am a top shelf person, and hence worker like you! Ain't it grand?

Off for my road race soon. It's stopped raining, and rain wouldn't bother me usually, just that my old running shoes are falling apart and i reckon heavy rain now would do them in an hour before their time leaving me to finish barefoot Byrdy airport style! lol.

Have a fab weekend there my friend.

Must be day 110 but who's counting.

Take it easy out there y'all.
                              Last edited by Guitarista; November 15, 2014, 02:36 PM.

Comment

gumboots Mr G i am advising. good luck out there. another achievement for you. x

Comment

Working...
                                X