Siren's AF April 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siren's AF April 2013

April 1 2013 will be my new birthday. I'm sick of the effing shit I have been dealing with. I'm sick of a lot of shit in my life. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I don't know how much I will be posting. Sitting on the couch and surfing (and drinking) is the old me. I will try to find a new AF way to check in. I'll try. But I may need to just be offline for a while - apologies.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Siren's AF April 2013

Just wanted to send you a big :l Siren. You sound so down...I'm sorry you're struggling.

Are you in a position to go to rehab, get on a med and/or supplement regimen, or any other (possibly) major method to get this in motion for yourself? Clearly, you want this to stop, you've shared plenty of your frustration and resignation. Perhaps you need some outside assistance as a springboard? Just a thought, hate seeing you suffer. :soothe:

Take good care of yourself and please stay connected to MWO...

P.
    "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Siren's AF April 2013

Thanks Perse - you've been so supportive. I have ordered Antabuse. So tired right now, so going to bed. Broken, not sure, sick, tired.
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Siren's AF April 2013

Hi Siren.......this is a plan. Time to get serious. You know where I am :l

Comment

Siren's AF April 2013

Hi, Siren.

Please let MWO work for you :l!

It really can and you know there are people here who have gotten to know you and really care about you.

:h NoSugar

Comment

Siren's AF April 2013

Thanks, Kuya - Yes, I know where you are and I know you are just a mouse click away.

NoSugar - you have been very supportive as well. Thanks for that. You will all be on my shoulders, rooting me on - I know it. It's just that sitting on the couch and being online is a huge trigger for me. Best not to even go there. Better to go do something completely unrelated to AL.

Comment

Siren's AF April 2013

Day 1 (again). I felt terrible this morning but am starting to feel better. I had some water and some breakfast - lunch is next.

I am supposed to be working but my British and Swedish colleagues are still on Easter break, so I'm not doing much and no one is bugging me. I watched a few documentaries on Netflix to help pass the time.

I'm starting to focus a bit more, so I will try to get some work done this afternoon. Normally I would have had at least one drink by now to help the hangover, so I'm proud I didn't do that. The sun is out but it's windy and looks cold. If its not too cold I may go for a walk.

Sorry - boring. Not much to report, I guess.

Comment

Siren's AF April 2013

Siren,
                Hoping that you are feeling better, without a doubt the difficult days are burdensome to get through, however we hope it gets better, a cliche to be sure but one that is ringing true for me. You were there to rally and gather the 311 gang and I just wanted to say thank you, your energy and positive thoughts have contributed to my joining the 311 gang and getting 22 days of being AF, it has been a long time since I have had that number under my belt. I am going to join this thread as well, as I would like to continue my AF path and get the month of April AF as well....We are sending you encouragement Siren, just like you do for us

Take Care:l
                On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Siren's AF April 2013

Siren,
                  I'm here, have not met you yet, I am an old time graduate of MWO. Sober for what? 5 years.
                  But each day is a new challenge, for all of us. And it does help, or did for me, to be able to come on here anytime and find like-suffering people who are interested in your pathway.
                  so keep us on your computer, come here often, talk, laugh, think...and
                  Stay Strong!
                  BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Siren's AF April 2013

Siren136;1486152 wrote: Day 1 (again). I felt terrible this morning but am starting to feel better. I had some water and some breakfast - lunch is next.

I am supposed to be working but my British and Swedish colleagues are still on Easter break, so I'm not doing much and no one is bugging me. I watched a few documentaries on Netflix to help pass the time.

I'm starting to focus a bit more, so I will try to get some work done this afternoon. Normally I would have had at least one drink by now to help the hangover, so I'm proud I didn't do that. The sun is out but it's windy and looks cold. If its not too cold I may go for a walk.

Sorry - boring. Not much to report, I guess.
                    Happy Hippy believes in you! You can get and stay sober. I KNOW YOU CAN. This time 4 sure!!! :l
                    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Siren's AF April 2013

I believe in you too Siren!

We have ALL been where you are right now, and as bad as it feel, it DOES get better. You know what to do...take care of yourself and stick CLOSE to us! We can help :l
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Siren's AF April 2013

Thanks all! I'm still hanging in. Feeling ok, if a little shaky at the moment. Very hungry, too. I have been trying to find a snack but the cupboards are bare at the moment. That includes AL though, so no worries.

I have Krav tonight, so that will keep me out of the house until about 7:30. Then it's home for some dinner and Jeopardy. After that I'm getting up and going to do something else. Not sure what yet, but it won't be in front of the tv missing a drink in my hand.

I watched the Rain in my Heart videos today. If that doesn't make you want to quit I don't know what will.

Comment

Siren's AF April 2013

Hi Siren,
                          Great minds must think alike. I just started an April AF thread on the Starting Out section, but can join over on this thread. You got the 311 gang started -- I had a bit of a relapse but am back to linking as many AF days as I can. My goal -- all of April AF. Stay close and post, it sure helps me.
                          Warmest, free.
                          Free at Last
                          "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                          http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Working...
                          X